What are people using for brighter headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
That's one I've never heard of! I'll give it a go.
It's interesting how well it works, and it is tremendously faster than wet sanding with 3000 and 5000 grit then Polishing with microfiber. It is pretty close to washing mud off with a waterhose. Done a few times a year will keep the oxidation at bay.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you might be familiar with “Ben’s Max Formula, 100% Deet”. It comes in a little orange bottle and is made in northern NH where the mosquitoes can drain a moose of blood in record time. When you said you used Deet to dissolve the oxidation off the headlights, this is what I thought of! I work outdoors in the summer and Deet has dissolved the plastic housings of GPS units, compasses, water bottles, and other plastic pieces of field equipment! I wonder how many rounds of Deet before it melts through the headlight lens? Ha ha.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a major problem with them, here you'll fail the annual inspection with then & attract police attention at night + they are awful for other drivers.
Problem with what? They are halogens, in the stock headlight housings.

The cops here have new cars with factory LED lights that are even brighter.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In BC if you are importing your vehicle and have to do an inspection you will fail with LED/HID in housings without a cut off line/projector. Unfortunately I can't fail every car I see with LED and the major scatter/blinding..... until they get a VI for something else..... then they're mine

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
Some of you might be familiar with “Ben’s Max Formula, 100% Deet”. It comes in a little orange bottle and is made in northern NH where the mosquitoes can drain a moose of blood in record time. When you said you used Deet to dissolve the oxidation off the headlights, this is what I thought of! I work outdoors in the summer and Deet has dissolved the plastic housings of GPS units, compasses, water bottles, and other plastic pieces of field equipment! I wonder how many rounds of Deet before it melts through the headlight lens? Ha ha.
My best answer for that would be. It depends on how heavy you apply it. Same as it depending upon how much elbow grease you put in to it sanding before you sand through. All things only work well in moderation.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem with what? They are halogens, in the stock headlight housings.

The cops here have new cars with factory LED lights that are even bribrighte
ahh I misunderstood you, I thought you were putting LED bulbs in.
A lot of the modern cars here have LED's from new, they are excellent, unfortunately not in KJ sizes.