For $1k My Franky better install itself!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
with those shocks could I immediately upgrade to OME Rear coils? then just grab a set of teraflex front bump stops and some all j products rear ones and basically have a franky with RRO shocks and strut plate?

MoreTorque06

Reaction score
2 - Old Man Emu (OME) Heavy Duty Front Coil Springs – Model 927 (These are the hard to find, made in Australia version. All new versions are made in China.)
2 - Rancho RSX9000 Front Struts – Model 17505
2 – Rocky Road Outfitters Front Strut Spacer Plate
2 – K3199 Front Lower Ball Joints
2 – Rocky Road Outfitters 2.5” Polyurethane Rear Spring Spacer
2 – Rocky Road Outfitters Hydro 8000 Extended Length Rear Shock
2 - Mopar Rear Upper Spring Isolators

I wouldn't need those LBJ's just got mine changed...I really had rather have OME HD Rear Coils and Rancho Shocks than spacers and those shocks... Does anybody know anything about parts? Is rocky road alright?

Hey there,

Rocky Road isn't the greatest in general, but for the parts that are there, they really cant screw up a strut spacer or a poly spacer. The rear shocks... well... they are basic rear shocks. Nothing special, but unless you are really beating it, shouldn't have a problem. I was going to wait till they blew out and then buy Ranchos. Rear shocks are a 30 min job so when the time came, it wouldn't be a big deal.

BTW, for shops around here in WI, I was quoted $300 to install everything with an alignment.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Hey there,

Rocky Road isn't the greatest in general, but for the parts that are there, they really cant screw up a strut spacer or a poly spacer. The rear shocks... well... they are basic rear shocks. Nothing special, but unless you are really beating it, shouldn't have a problem. I was going to wait till they blew out and then buy Ranchos. Rear shocks are a 30 min job so when the time came, it wouldn't be a big deal.

BTW, for shops around here in WI, I was quoted $300 to install everything with an alignment.

Well, I'm not really that worried about the spacer because I probably wouldn't even use it, I'd just get OME HD Rear Coils too. But the shocks I was concerned about, are they long enough to run with OME coils?

Oh and I'd be installing it myself, no shop needed.