Help for my lift JBA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Firstly, sorry for my bad english, but I'm french...

Secondly, I am installing a OME lift kit from JBA with following parts:
- OME kit pre-assembled (springs & shocks) 1.5"
- JBA Upper Control Arm for lifted Jeep
- Front Bumpstop Teraflex

On this forum, I have read that it was necessary to add rear Bumpstop and that we could use hockey pucks. But, can you give me the dimensions of this hockey puck ? And how many hockey pucks should be installed ?

Finally, should we must replace the brake line on a 2002 KJ ?

Thanks for your help.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are simply doing springs and shocks, I would not buy the upper control arms. They are really made for somewhere around the 3" plus range. If you need to replace your UCA's, get the ones for an unlifted Liberty.

For the hockey pucks, 2 should do (1" of bump stop per 1" of lift). Any regular hockey puck will work. Just drill it into the middle of your spring perch.

I did not have to replace the brake lines or hoses in my 2004 with 3.5" of lift. I think you should be fine.

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thnaks for your reply.

But the JBA company confirmed me well with their OME kit 1.5", I would add to UCA lifted version...:shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I understand it, one must have a greater lift in order to use the new A-ARMs?
If I add clevis spacer to get to 2", everything should be good?
Clevis Spacer for Front Struts

with 927 front springs you will have 2.5 inches of lift. At that height you can use the JBA UCAs, I have them on my 03 with 2.5 inches of lift
as far as hockey pucks they are all the same thickness ( on inch ) so you need two per side

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are simply doing springs and shocks, I would not buy the upper control arms. They are really made for somewhere around the 3" plus range. If you need to replace your UCA's, get the ones for an unlifted Liberty.

For the hockey pucks, 2 should do (1" of bump stop per 1" of lift). Any regular hockey puck will work. Just drill it into the middle of your spring perch.

I did not have to replace the brake lines or hoses in my 2004 with 3.5" of lift. I think you should be fine.

Running the lifted on my 2.5 inch lift and no issues at all ( just for clarification )

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Below, the detail of my order :

Do you want to add Als A-arms to the kit?
Yes, Please add Al's A-amrs for a lifted KJ
What Front Springs and Struts?
3.7L Med 0-150lb 1) OME2926 Springs 2) 90009 Strut
What Rear Springs and Shocks?
Gas/Diesel-Med 1) OME2948 Springs 2) 60069 Shocks

I use OME926 (medium) for the front and OME948 (medium also) for rear. With this configuration, what will be the front and rear LIFT?

For rear bump stop, I have to add 2 hockey puck by side for 2 "?

Geof3

Reaction score
I just installed that combo today. I was at 18 front and 18.5 rear, now I am at 20.5 front and 21 rear. Used all other stock parts, alignment went fine, and into spec. Really, as stated, that is only about 1.5 of lift over new stock with no sag. Looks WAY better and rides 100% better. For a simply better performing suspension, and a bit of lift as a "bonus" this seems to be a good route. If I had wanted more lift I would have gone with the 927 springs, spacers and another rear insulator.

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Since my order is already completed at JBA but not yet shipped, I just send their mail to change the front springs to choose OME927.

But for now, I have no answer ...:emotions34:

Geof3

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Since my order is already completed at JBA but not yet shipped, I just send their mail to change the front springs to choose OME927.

But for now, I have no answer ...:emotions34:

You will definitely be happy with the new setup. Mine is getting settled in and feels great! Very happy.

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks.

With this configuration (OME 927/948) what tire size can be installed ?
245/75R16 ?
245/70R16 ?

Is it possible to drive every day with larger tires ?

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245 75 16, with a little pinch weld bending. I had same configuration. And yes you can drive every day. Regear later and your jeep will thank you for it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thanks.

With this configuration (OME 927/948) what tire size can be installed ?
245/75R16 ?
245/70R16 ?

Is it possible to drive every day with larger tires ?[/QUOTE. I drove 3very day for the last 200,000 miles with my 04 and larger tires of course regeared etc . My only driver every day for 12 years