ESP and lockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a Detroit tru-track and was wondering if anyone could comment on how a locker will interact with the ESP system. And can I put a detriot in both front and rear? Anybody running lockers with ESP I'd like to hear your experience.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run DDT's front and rear with no issues.Will not effect ESP at all,in fact it can reduce the amount of times the traction control takes over or those "reduced throttle" moments.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the quick response looks like I just got save some cash now. Ill probable install myself with help from a mechanic friend worth it to do both at once? If I have to buy at different times is it better to do front or rear first?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the rear first
also may as well throw some 4.10s in there as well won't cost much more!
Plus since you have to pull the front diff out it'll be one time doing it all

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
troy you beat me too it also the search tool works great

I usually try the search function or google first but all I could find was stuff saying a locker might not work with the ESP system. But thanks anyways for your reply. Also wanted to hear from people who have lockers with ESP but doesn't seems to be very many.

And yes Tom I planned on regearing while I was in there, might as well.