Will they fit???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a set of renagade flairs fit a sport. I like the bolt on look.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes they are all the same as far as mounting etc , just the look is different

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember that '02-'04's can only use '02-'04's Renny flairs.For '05+ KJ's you need flairs from a '05+ KJ as the older flairs will not work.

I'm sure you already know this but some may not.

Very good to know.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a flair detached before (my f*cking ex's Cava-***** got in my way). Let me know if you need any help with the project.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the shorter flair so I don't have to cut it.

I think I picked up an '05 front flair when I was wheeling the last time in the Pines. I'll bring it Saturday. No guarentees that it's an '05, but I have it in my garage at my house in Ewing (I'm in North Jersey now for Spring Break) and can just throw it in the trunk next time I'm back there.

We can see if we can make it work. There are quite a few clips underneath the flair that hold it to the body. There is also a triangular support piece that just helps support it which it can do without (mine's actually slightly broken from hitting my ex's car). We'll have to see if those will allow the '05 on.

I'll inspect the flair a little closer next time I'm back in Ewing to see if it's really an '05.

Last edited:

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I picked up an '05 front flair when I was wheeling the last time in the Pines. I'll bring it Saturday. No guarentees that it's an '05, but I have it in my garage at my house in Ewing (I'm in North Jersey now for Spring Break) and can just throw it in the trunk next time I'm back there.

We can see if we can make it work. There are quite a few clips underneath the flair that hold it to the body. There is also a triangular support piece that just helps support it which it can do without (mine's actually slightly broken from hitting my ex's car). We'll have to see if those will allow the '05 on.

I'll inspect the flair a little closer next time I'm back in Ewing to see if it's really an '05.

Worth a try. The front bumper is coming off anyway for a tube bumper and when I cut the flair it will look like crap all open at the cut.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the question now is... Will 05 and up front flairs fit an 03

Not just the flairs but the bumper and grille . there all shaped differently too between 02-04 and 05-07.relocating wires for the fog lights (if you have them) is another thing and pending if you want to use your existing hood you would need a Sport/Limited style grille so the fog lights go into grille. If you grab a Renegade grille, the Lights go on the bumper and hood would need replacing since the grille is shaped differently. Probably sheet metal cutting on fenders as well.

Last edited:

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea. I'm not using the bumper at all. Going tube. A to Z fabrication is going to come up with something. I'll find a place to put blinkers. Even if I have to use blinker fluid.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea. I'm not using the bumper at all. Going tube. A to Z fabrication is going to come up with something. I'll find a place to put blinkers. Even if I have to use blinker fluid.

Yea i read that about the bumper on my second glance of the thread. Good luck to ya.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Make sure to use the yellow blinker fluid in the front red blinker fluid is for the rear.