Who makes rock rails for the KK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently put a set of Mopar step bars on my 08, and decided that I would rather have rock rails. Nothing wrong with the bars, it's just that I paid $450 for them and they are hollow, and I would be extremely p****d off if i caved one in on a rock. I routinely go off into some nasty terrain, and don't want to beat these things up.
I want to know if any of you have rock rails on your KK. Who made them, who do you recommend, etc. Thanks. I have seen the Mopar rock rails for the KJ, but none for the KK. I try to stay with factory accessories, but it looks like I'll have to go aftermarket for rock rails.

Also, if anybody is interested, I am selling the Mopar black powder coated step bars for $300 shipped to your house. They are in 100% like new condition, no scratches, dents, scrapes, etc. Once they are bent, damaged, etc., you might as well throw them in the trash. $450 is a lot of money to throw away, so if somebody wants them, they are for sale. I don't need them laying around, and it will help finance the rock rails.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently put a set of Mopar step bars on my 08, and decided that I would rather have rock rails. Nothing wrong with the bars, it's just that I paid $450 for them and they are hollow, and I would be extremely p****d off if i caved one in on a rock. I routinely go off into some nasty terrain, and don't want to beat these things up.
I want to know if any of you have rock rails on your KK. Who made them, who do you recommend, etc. Thanks. I have seen the Mopar rock rails for the KJ, but none for the KK. I try to stay with factory accessories, but it looks like I'll have to go aftermarket for rock rails.

Also, if anybody is interested, I am selling the Mopar black powder coated step bars for $300 shipped to your house. They are in 100% like new condition, no scratches, dents, scrapes, etc. Once they are bent, damaged, etc., you might as well throw them in the trash. $450 is a lot of money to throw away, so if somebody wants them, they are for sale. I don't need them laying around, and it will help finance the rock rails.

Smart thinking, except for buying the step rails in the first place ;) I don't know of anyone who makes them for the KK, but if you wheel even moderate stuff you will want them. My KJ took one good hit with the mopar rock rails and they did a number on my underside pinchweld and rocker panel. They folded up and pressed into the rockers. Do you have any local fabricators / off road fab shops? I got mine done by a local guy and they were cheaper than any other aftermarket option and are strong as hell. Just throwing that out there. Good luck finding something.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Super Sliders were the only ones I could find, and they look like a great setup.
Like I said, they were the only ones that I could find, so I figured I would ask to see who else made them.

Smart thinking, except for buying the step rails in the first place

No kidding. It was hard to tell what they looked like based on the pics that I saw. I like them, but I am just worried about destroying them.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
Be wary of there weak mounts,good mounts make or break rock sliders.Actually just be warned that RRO are scam artist,good luck and wish you all the luck dealing with them.

Can't understand why RRO has such a bad rep. I have had nothing short of a great experience with them on several occasions. I've purchased from RRO about four times now and am completely satisfied....

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes RRO so bad? Bad service, crappy products, poor manufacturing?? All of the above?:D

I'm just wanting to know so that I can make a good, informed decision when it comes time to purchasing rock rails.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well good news today. I sold my almost new Mopar nerf bars to the owner of my dealership's uncle, who just purchased a 2010 KK today.

I also found out from a guy I know who is in the Idaho 4X4 club that a person who lives in my area does a lot of custom fabrication for a lot of Jeep owners in southern Idaho. He has his own shop, about 5 miles fro where I live. I was told that his work is very reasonably priced and the quality is excellent. I am going to head down there tomorrow on my lunch hour and get an idea of what it would cost to get some rock rails made.

I really like the design of the RRO sliders, with the rail underneath, as well as the rail that protects the door sill area above. I am going to try something like that. Once they are done, I'll post some pics. May take a couple weeks though.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
Well good news today. I sold my almost new Mopar nerf bars to the owner of my dealership's uncle, who just purchased a 2010 KK today.

I also found out from a guy I know who is in the Idaho 4X4 club that a person who lives in my area does a lot of custom fabrication for a lot of Jeep owners in southern Idaho. He has his own shop, about 5 miles fro where I live. I was told that his work is very reasonably priced and the quality is excellent. I am going to head down there tomorrow on my lunch hour and get an idea of what it would cost to get some rock rails made.

I really like the design of the RRO sliders, with the rail underneath, as well as the rail that protects the door sill area above. I am going to try something like that. Once they are done, I'll post some pics. May take a couple weeks though.

Do share....maybe he can make us a grille guard....