2012 KK intermittent crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyates007

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2012 KK for my daughter. Purchased from an older couple and is in good physical condition, body, paint, interior, ect. I have a 2004 KJ that has been pretty much bullet proof at this point but wanted something a little newer for her, hence the 2012. I checked all the regular things I researched on the 2012 like heat, blend doors, no sky slider and common stuff that was in the forum. Vehicle runs smooth and strong. This week when she went to start it, turned the key and cranked fast but did not fire or even try to start. Turned the key off, retried and fired right up. Did not run rough or smoke or have any lights on dash. Tank is full but acted like no fuel. I will check fuel pump and sensors like crank and cam but just checking in here if there are any thoughts. I did a search and if it is a common problem there is not a lot of questions out there on it. TIA, Tom.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds familiar with my 2008. It was doing this the last few weeks before it stalled out on the road while driving. I do not yet have a real diagnosis but suspect the fuel pump finally gave up.

tyates007

Reaction score
Sounds familiar with my 2008. It was doing this the last few weeks before it stalled out on the road while driving. I do not yet have a real diagnosis but suspect the fuel pump finally gave up.
Thank you

devinweaverling

Reaction score
my 2011 kk just started doing the same thing ive had it for about a year . i replaced the starter and replaced the battery.
i think its a connection problem havent quite finished looking into it. i have a 2010 kk as well and it doesnt have those problems at all jus the more common ones like the heater and the power locks.

tyates007

Reaction score
my 2011 kk just started doing the same thing ive had it for about a year . i replaced the starter and replaced the battery.
i think its a connection problem havent quite finished looking into it. i have a 2010 kk as well and it doesnt have those problems at all jus the more common ones like the heater and the power locks.
Appreciate if you find anything on yours letting me know what you find. Thank you.