Wheels/Tires Gallery: Pics of Your Newest Sneaks/Shoes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title states, I want to start a Photo Gallery here to give everyone the chance to share what kind of tire/rim they are running on their KJ's. You can even write up a small review (pros/cons) of your setup if you'd like.

SO... Cmon and bring on the KJ Rubber Pr0n!

tjd241

Reaction score
Picture taken in good weather....

So you'll have to take my word for it on the ratings I'm offering up... As you can see I have Firestone A/T's in P235/70 R16... My foul weather rating here in New England?... \\:D/ A+ all-around... a very capable tire and purchased at a fair price. I have no worries seeing the wife drive off on these tires on any given rainy, icey, or snowy winter's day... tjd

You must be registered for see images

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's what I am running currently....31x10.5x15 Dayton Timberline MT on a 15x8 Cragar Soft 8 4" BS. These tires are awesome in every condition except ice
You must be registered for see images attach

These are what I replaced with the Daytons...BFG AT/KO'S @ 245/75/16 These tires I didn't like at all...wore like a hockey puck, but that is why I didn't like them...to hard and in the cold no traction....treads filled with snow and you were all done for control.....

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First version of Mudds lift, ARB just mounted and checking driveway flex, with stock wheels and 245-70-16 Firestone Destination ATs Great DD tire, quiet on the road and did well in snow WAY better than stockers

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
how about some 245-75-16s Goodyear MTRs on Moabs heavy tire rougher ride good in mud, ok in snow

or we could always do some 255-70-16 Kumho KL78s great all around tire cheap rode well, did half way OK in mud even

another picture of the Kumhos

anyone up for some 265-70-16 BFG ATs just an OK tire in my book, used to love them back in the late 70s , any more there are better tires

another shot of the BFGs on Moabs

now compare Goodyear MTR 245-75s on the left -vs- 265-70 BFGs on the right

BFGs

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK will not bore you with more since the KJ has only had 6 different sets of tires so far, I change its shoes like my wife changes hers!
265-75-16 Goodyear Duratracs on Moabs Love these tires more than any others I have ran so far

trying to stuff them

Last edited:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

Good tires for the money.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tommudd, I like the weight savings you gained to offset the heavy rubber. I'd a never thought to drill holes in my door handles!!! Did you make a template to do it?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tommudd, I like the weight savings you gained to offset the heavy rubber. I'd a never thought to drill holes in my door handles!!! Did you make a template to do it?

No template when I first did it, drink two beers really fast, one for each eye, then just eyeball it! :D

I did make a template after the first one though, didn't want to screw up too bad!
I saved 15 ounces I think:eek:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GoodYear Wrangler MTs 31x10.5x15 on 15x8 Cragar Soft 8s. Ya ya, real original eh? But.... the price was so right.

They clear snow very well and handle well on road in wet/icy conditions. Have to wait until spring to try them in mud. Factory rims have 265/75R16 Dunlop Radial Rover RVXTs on them. They wear very well, handle well and work great in snow. They suck on ice and don't clear mud very well. The tread stays plugged up until back on a hardpacked surface.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler M/T R Kevlar tires.

That is some good looking, very functional rubber. Too bad they're $280 a piece here. I looked at Toyo MTRs too, they weren't much less expensive. Man, $1700 for a set of tires steered my decision for me. I got the GoodYear Territory MTs at Canadian Tire for about $800.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265-75-26 Fierce Attitude MT on stock rim, with 1.25 spacers. A small 1/4 spacer would have suficed.

You must be registered for see images

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
That is some good looking, very functional rubber. Too bad they're $280 a piece here. I looked at Toyo MTRs too, they weren't much less expensive. Man, $1700 for a set of tires steered my decision for me. I got the GoodYear Territory MTs at Canadian Tire for about $800.

Yup, they wern't inexpensive!
All in with mounting and ballancing a tad over $1700.00 for all five.
Wicked tires though!
Were not into mud... Unless a bath is invovlved!:D
But I find they do clear the goop pretty good.
In they wet they stick extremely well to rocks and such...
In snow they are better than I thought they would be.
On road they hum a little but are just excellent.

Over all, We'll buy them again!