HOW TO: Purchase & Install a WesWay Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so post this one in the "Stupid Questions" or "You should know this by now" section.:think:

I was re-checking all the torques on the front suspension this morning when I started to wonder if I did the clevis lift right.

Do I measure 3/8" from the top of the clevis to the bottom of the coil isolator? Or do I measure from the clevis to the little flare on the shaft?

BTW, pics are coming, left my camera at a friends place a few weeks ago, I'll be back on the other side of the state next weekend to get it.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
OK, so post this one in the "Stupid Questions" or "You should know this by now" section.:think:

I was re-checking all the torques on the front suspension this morning when I started to wonder if I did the clevis lift right.

Do I measure 3/8" from the top of the clevis to the bottom of the coil isolator? Or do I measure from the clevis to the little flare on the shaft?

BTW, pics are coming, left my camera at a friends place a few weeks ago, I'll be back on the other side of the state next weekend to get it.

Well Jo, I'm not really sure where youre talking about measuring from but I think this is the easiest way to show you how I did it. This pic is in the How To write up somewhere, I just slipped the clevis down off of the strut and held my 3/8 shim up to the bottom of the coil spring plate and marked it with a metal punch so I could see where I needed to stop at when I reassembled the clevis.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a quick response
Yeah, I guess I wasn't very clear. I looked thru you excellent write up again but was still not clear where you had the shim resting in that photo.

If you allow me to use one of your pics, I can try to be more specific
You must be registered for see images attach

When I did mine I used a 3/8" hex key wedged between the top of the cleivs and the bottom plate. But in the above pic it looks wider than mine is now, so I thought maybe I should have stuck it under the small ridge that is on the shock that sticks below the isolator.

I your finished pics, the bottom of the shock is not sticking out of the clevis bottom, and mine is. Just didn't know if this was just a difference in the shocks or if I did it wrong.

Hope that makes sense

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Wow, that's a quick response
eah, I guess I wasn't very clear. I looked thru you excellent write up again but was still not clear where you had the shim resting in that photo.

If you allow me to use one of your pics, I can try to be more specific

When I did mine I used a 3/8" hex key wedged between the top of the cleivs and the bottom plate. But in the above pic it looks wider than mine is now, so I thought maybe I should have stuck it under the small rifge that is on the shock that sticks below the isolator.

I your finished pics, the bottom of the shock is not sticking out of the clevis bottom, and mine is. Just didn't know if this was just a difference in the shocks or if I did it wrong.

Hope that makes sense

I understand now what you're saying, I just slipped mine under the coil spring plate sounds like what you did too. However, if you're looking for a little more lift you could definitely do it from that small ridge because that is where the clevis stops normally and the safe distance is 3/8" from stock so I would work fine and be safe.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand now what you're saying, I just slipped mine under the coil spring plate sounds like what you did too. However, if you're looking for a little more lift you could definitely do it from that small ridge because that is where the clevis stops normally and the safe distance is 3/8" from stock so I would work fine and be safe.

Thanks Wes.

I just raised the passenge side a little and then did the driver's side a touch more since it was sitting a little uneven. The bottom of the shock is now flush with the bottom of the clevis on the DS.

Glad you were around, since I already have the wheels off.

I owe you a drink, thanks again.

PS, You need to change your sig to include your new OME lift:happy107:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Thanks Wes.

I just raised the passenge side a little and then did the driver's side a touch more since it was sitting a little uneven. The bottom of the shock is now flush with the bottom of the clevis on the DS.

Glad you were around, since I already have the wheels off.

I owe you a drink, thanks again.

PS, You need to change your sig to include your new OME lift:happy107:

Haha glad to help!!!!

I'm too young to drink and wouldn't if I could but I appreciate the offer lol!

I'm and currently doing so in between replying to you lol!

RIGHI

Reaction score
Hi congrat for this post, I am talking from Brazil where i just bought a KJ. let me ask you about the front lift, because the rear lift i think i understood completely, where can i buy the shims for the front lift???? why doesnt use the same system of the rear lift, only changing the rubber coil spring insulators on the bottom of the coil????????

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question? I have a 2012 KK and I got a 2.5" Daystar spacer kit from a friend off his 2003 it has 17k mi. on the kit. I chekd the part #'s and the only diffrence is the rear spacers. Can I install the front portion of the Daystar kit and use the WesWay iso plates for the rear?.

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@blue_kjR417
I just thought I would chime in and thank you for being so thorough with the walkthrough - It really helps with understanding how the suspension is put together.
It's guys like you that make the internet great.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How to get in touch with boiler for shims

His pm box is full and I can't reach him. Does anyone have another way to reach him? I would like to order a set of his shims.

Thanks!

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great tutorial. This is exactly what I'm looking for. For a novice wrench like myself, there is no such thing as too many pics.

Thanks for taking the extra time to snap the photos and post it.

Someone should buy you a beer:happy160:

Agreed

Members online

No members online now.