What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opelboy

Reaction score
traded in my 2000 v6 mustang for the jeep because my wife liked to take the pony off-roading in the winter. very hard to keep a mustang on the road with the slick northwest ohio ice. im not afraid of her getting to work in the 06 liberty renegade, just pop it in 4x4 and hit the gas and hope the drifts arent more than 2ft deep. i figured out its limitations right away, if the wheels dont touch the ground the jeep dont go :D

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded my 02 Stratus R/T. Wasn't in high school anymore, would get stuck in the driveway all of the time in the winter (doesn't help when I would try to go in to work early and plow snow to make some extra money) and started to nickle and dime me. So I said the hell with it. My cousin had a Liberty and I loved it. I found mine for the right price and jumped on it. Only second vehicle purchase I have made and not had buyers remorse.

Shaner

Reaction score
07 Aura for 03 Liberty

Just recently traded my 2007 Saturn Aura XR. It was starting to rust out, it was almost impossible to get parts for (had to order parts for either a G6 or new style Malibu), it needed a ton of work...:pp: and, the Liberty is much better suited to our lifestyle. BTW the Liberty I got is an '03 Limited. I made a bit of cash for future upgrades too!

Kasmir Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold 2006 Zambezi Silver Range Rover HSE Supercharged. Lost a ton of money on that, but also had a ton of money left over after buying the libby.

warp2diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I traded in

I had a "73 Chevy C-30 with a Perkins 354 Turbo engine I transplanted.
To get the gears in line, I had a Doug Nash (now US Gear) electric over drive behind the 4 speed Muncie transmission with a 3.73 rear end. To hold up the front end with that heavy engine, I put in the strongest GM springs I could get and added a set of VW Rabbit rear springs that fit inside and worked.
The CAV hydraulic governor injection pump would suck air in through the throttle shaft and the fuel shut off shaft if I parked it too long. I switched over to the green "O" rings to stretch out the interval before I had to bleed out the pump after the new Low Sulfur Diesel came online.
My Wife hated the truck so much, she let me get the CRD when the dealer offered $4250 for anything that could be driven in. We drove from Aurora, IL to Plymouth, WI in sub zero weather to buy my CRD that was a Chrysler program car.
Transaction took place in February, '07.

Last edited:

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't sell or trade her in, but she was lost in a flood. So I used the insurance money to purchase the KJ. Car seemed to have problems almost every year in the past 3 years, transmission rebuild, fuel pump, lower intake gasket, catalytic converter, defective (new) ball-joints.

It was a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am with 122k miles, eibach springs, KYB-GR2's, custom Cat-back w/Magnaflow muffler, Front/Rear strut tower bars, poly bushings, CAI, lightweight SSR wheels with Falken Azeni's RT-615's and tinted windows.

http://www.chicagonissanclub.net/jab/Edited/IMG_00422.JPG

rocknrun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't sell or trade, but totaled my Buick Rainier (last GM product I'll ever buy). Glad to be back in a Jeep!

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife traded her 96 hyundai accent in 02 for her 02 liberty.Then we got our 07 last year for an extra vehicle, we love the KJ's.

dejesu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded a Ford Escape for the Jeep. Liked everything about the Escape, except lack of offroad capability, and poor towing specs. I also missed my XJ and wanted back in the jeep family.

SAME EXACT STORY. 2003 Escape.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trade my 05 gt for my 09 KK. I needed more room for my expanding photography business, and the KK keeps my equipment dry. Plus I can get out to hard to reach locations with it. I've loved it since I got it ;)

You must be registered for see images

Mustang had muffler deletes and intake. Ill admit I do miss the v8. The liberty would be an amazing vehicle with the 4.7 or even 5.7, but the 3.7 treats me well :)

tonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded an 3.25ct engagement ring for my KJ its my 1st and my 1st...
You must be registered for see images

Do you think i over paid?:shrug:

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was leaving Japan to goto Korea for a year with Hawaii follow on, havent had a real vehicle beyond a beater in Japan for 14 years so decided to buy new. Wish I had ordered the Cherokee vs Liby.. But its been good for us. Wife likes its shortness and ease of parking.

Latest posts

Members online