What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddielee

Reaction score
'99 ChebbyZuki (Chevy Tracker I named J. Thaddius Tow'd). It was the vehicle pushing my motorhome. Jeep is one of the few with auto ****** that can still be towed! I've had it just two weeks and am still getting used to the useless crap this unit came saddled with (it's an '07 Limited). I've turned off most of the lights and horns - wish I could also shut off the auto locking doors and horn alarm that goes off when I forget and try to open the doors with the key....(useless crap!!!!!!!!!)

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K5 Blazer

1982 chevy K5 Blazer 6.2L diesel.
mods:
hum-v heads/headers/turbo
dana 60 front(locked up)/FF corporate 14" rear 4.56 ratio
6" suspension lift w/6 shocks in front, 4 in the rear.
golden hammer 700r4(bad ass 700)
dick cepek 35" on 15x10 mickey thompson fc11's w/shaved calipers
dual 3" exhaust
custom rear disc brakes
custom Toyota dark grey paint w/ 1 pint of white binder(looked like primer with a clear coat).

I cry everytime I think of her,'ol Anne'. I really enjoy my KJ but, ol Anne was F*&%ing awesome. Prob. the most bad ass vehicle i'll ever own! Oh, waite.! I used to have a 86' Samari that could climb walls.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent my college savings bonds. lol

1982 chevy K5 Blazer 6.2L diesel.
mods:
hum-v heads/headers/turbo
dana 60 front(locked up)/FF corporate 14" rear 4.56 ratio
6" suspension lift w/6 shocks in front, 4 in the rear.
golden hammer 700r4(bad ass 700)
dick cepek 35" on 15x10 mickey thompson fc11's w/shaved calipers
dual 3" exhaust
custom rear disc brakes
custom Toyota dark grey paint w/ 1 pint of white binder(looked like primer with a clear coat).

I cry everytime I think of her,'ol Anne'. I really enjoy my KJ but, ol Anne was F*&%ing awesome. Prob. the most bad ass vehicle i'll ever own! Oh, waite.! I used to have a 86' Samari that could climb walls.

why'd you get rid of it? sounds pretty BA

jeneral

Reaction score
Traded in my 2002 Chevy Cavalier that had 170,000 miles on it. Drove home on Saturday in my new (to me) 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4. It's only been 2 days but I am sooo in love.

(Oh, and hey. I'm new around here. Looking forward to learning from all of y'all.)

CamaroDave

Reaction score
how is a 4 door 4 cylinder economy car not practical?

20mpg (on a good day). stiff clutch. loud. went through too many sets of tires. and not the best car for hauling around kids (no kids yet but soon).
the wife was driving a VW GTI VR6 w/ 6 speed and was sick of driving a manual car. so we had to get rid of the least practical car we had to get her a different car. now im stuck with the VW, which isnt a bad thing. i still like driving it.

iMTB

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Now my v6 kj says V6LOL....

Not getting rid of that plate because I want to someday put it on a svt cobra.

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too!

2001 Ford explorer sport, second worst vehicle i have ever owned, first being a ford focus.

I also traded in a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport. I constantly was doing work on it, mainly little fixes such as the power locks and rust fixes. The T-Case shift motor wasn't too bad, just a pain. I knew it was time to go once I started hearing the dreaded "timing chain rattle of death." Anyone with an SOHC Ford should know about that dreaded beast.

Got Neela in 2011 (she's '08) and couldn't be happier with mileage or maintenance (the lack thereof). Believe it or not, the EX was getting 13-14 MPG by the time I got rid of it.

Oh yeah, got the four-door for some future plans :)

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold both of my 1992 Daihatsu Rockys to buy my wifes 2004.

You must be registered for see images

I sold my 1991 Suzuki Sidekick to buy my 2003:

I traded my 1998 ZJ (with a blown head gasket) for my 2002 Renegade parts truck:

My first KJ (which I still have as well) I bought from my mother so I didn't trade/sell anything for it.

Last edited:

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my soul to the company I work for.

I'm really bad at getting rid of the old ones. Out behind the barn is starting to look like a scrap yard. Anyone need any parts?

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I "traded" my wife's 200 VW bug for the 06 Libby.

I say "traded" because they paid off the 5000 my wife owned on the bug, and gave us the libby for 1200 off what it was listed at! :happy175:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Purchased my May 04 Rocky Mountain without a trade on July 08. Just walked on the lot, looked under it, was clean as a whistle with skids and 17" rims etc.
Had the whole history at dealer with 31k miles on it, and $1700 recent work with new battery front brakes and emission service etc.
Test drove it, bought it. Then I joined this forum in 08 and realized what could be done.
I hated the stock suspension. I felt like a low life....now I am in the High Life!
40590[/ATTACH]"]

The more you read in this forum, the more you want and more you spend!
A KJ Built "Up" makes a Great Jeep & fun times!
40592[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• JeepLifted5.jpg
    JeepLifted5.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
  • KJLiftedAArms.jpg
    KJLiftedAArms.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
My wife traded her Grand Cherokee for her Liberty. Good riddence to the GC. I spent way too much time playing mechanic to that thing. I hope the Liberty does better. We both like it. It is a neat little truck, agile and well set up. Better on gas, but at 50,000 miles has some kind of driveline problem and is in the shop right now, maybe U joints, differential or ******.

I'd much rather drive the Liberty than the GC, although I prefer my Dodge Ram 4x4 over the Lib. I have a Scout II for off road play. Perhaps when the Scout has rusted away and the Lib is old and beat I will get it and modify it for trail use, we'll see.

Update: U joint is fixed, cheap fix. Only problem with 50,000 on the clock.

Last edited: