What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Camry driver just took off ? What's up with that? :( I bet there is some damage to the car!
Good thing for solid slider's :)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camry driver just took off ? What's up with that? :( I bet there is some damage to the car!
Good thing for solid slider's :)
I’m thinking she has some scrapes and maybe indentations in the plastic bumper. But it was a low enough speed collision that I doubt she has any significant damage. Solid rock sliders have protected my Jeep from getting doored, sideswiped, and now collided with. I did scrape a metal pole once with them while backing up and it protected my doors. Skid plates have saved it from a two rogue mufflers and a drive shaft. I highly recommend Jeep armor if you live in the city.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a nice day outside today. If I have any time between work and home tasks, I’m going to get outside and tighten up the sway bar bolts. The front suspension is still making a clank noise on the drivers side when hitting bumps, and I’m 90% sure it’s that. If not, I’ll check the torque on everything else this weekend.

Done. Sway bar and clevis to LCA bolts tightened. I think I got rid of the noise. At least I didn’t hear it driving around the block.

Last edited:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
FireStone near me in Avon, OH takes used coolant.
Good to know. I have a Firestone near me that I could try. Do the auto parts stores take coolant? Many of them around me are not taking oil anymore, so it’s harder to get rid of used oil.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll just be putting my used coolant into the minivan.
it's got a pinhole leak and it ain't worth fixing.
not to mention if I even attempted to remove the radiator, i'm pretty sure I'll break EVERYTHING connected to or near it.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a nice day outside today. If I have any time between work and home tasks, I’m going to get outside and tighten up the sway bar bolts. The front suspension is still making a clank noise on the drivers side when hitting bumps, and I’m 90% sure it’s that. If not, I’ll check the torque on everything else this weekend.

Done. Sway bar and clevis to LCA bolts tightened. I think I got rid of the noise. At least I didn’t hear it driving around the block.
Alright I am a bit frustrated after this morning’s commute. The sway bar and clevis to LCA bolt tightening did not eliminate the clunk. It doesn’t happen with regular bumps, but does on shocking ones like washboards, manhole covers, and potholes that give the suspension a lurch. I am wondering: if you installed a lift and had a clunk over bumps on only one side, what did it turn out to be?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I am a bit frustrated after this morning’s commute. The sway bar and clevis to LCA bolt tightening did not eliminate the clunk. It doesn’t happen with regular bumps, but does on shocking ones like washboards, manhole covers, and potholes that give the suspension a lurch. I am wondering: if you installed a lift and had a clunk over bumps on only one side, what did it turn out to be?
Sounds like you've already been down this road, but recheck everything including uca bolts

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've already been down this road, but recheck everything including uca bolts
Thanks. Going to check ball joint bolts next, and if that doesn’t fix it, all that’s left would be the dreaded UCA bolts or the strut’s top plate bolts. I have to remove the battery, TIPM, and battery tray to get to those. Hope it doesn’t come to that but it might.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Jeep today to collect a free new little compressor, handy because my big one is currently landlocked by the other Jeep, unfortunately the crankcase needs welding where it's been dropped.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Good to know. I have a Firestone near me that I could try. Do the auto parts stores take coolant? Many of them around me are not taking oil anymore, so it’s harder to get rid of used oil.
I've tried AutoZone to get rid of coolant, but they only take oil.
So I use Firestone for coolant, and AutoZone for Oil.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not see any licensing specification on the "Peak branded" Hoat Coolant.
If the "Peak" jug of coolant does not specify Chrysler MS9769 Anywhere, I would pass on it.
Even though I use OEM Mopar HOAT coolant, Zerex G05 meets the correct specs as well.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using JCB spec, Hoat is rare in the UK, everywhere just sells Oat.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Traded the Rubicon to the kids for the weekend. They headed to Colorado. No worries, they are fully trained on 4WD and chains and such.

Really, really nice to be cruising in Bert. Like, gettin' slightly tearful and such. So many thousands of miles of awesomeness...

Oh, and lady across the street from sideswiped wifey's outback with her Liberty this morning. Told the insurance guy "gimme 4k and I'll fix both". Both vehicles stock colors and already sourced popNswap junkyard panels- no paint needed.

Of course this happens right when gonna trade it in for a 2 door JL.
Just LOL Johnny, LOL.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your pockets are deep enough?
… not your wallet pocket. ;)
Yup. I trimmed the pockets so the JBA upper control arms have more room to articulate. I painted the cut sections of metal afterwards and the paint is not rubbed off, so it looks to me like no contact.

Suspecting the ball joints are not tight enough now. I could not use my torque wrench on them when I put them in because they would spin in place, so I held the threaded part with one wrench and turned the nut with another. Definitely they are not to spec. Going to take the wheels off and tighten those this weekend. Will report back. Fingers crossed.

Members online

No members online now.