What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another job on my 'to do' list, I've had a 35T ram laying in my workshop for years, just need to find a nice lump of steel for the beam. I want the wedge on the fixed end so I can put a chute on it and push the split wood straight into my trailer.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
What brand did you buy? I’m in the market right now. I use my small electric splitter as long as I can (for peace and quiet) but inevitably I reach the point where the the big guns must be called in! :confused:
I prefer the maul over the woodsplitter but it beats me up too much. My thumbs, shoulder, and hip can't take it anymore. I bought in on a powered woodsplitter co-op. It's loud, efficient, tedious, and doesn't care whether the wood's green or not. It's a 25 ton Splitmaster with a Honda engine. Very much like the one profdlp bought.

Only 5 days to build a holzhausen with the powered splitter; all summer with the maul. Holzhausen shown is similar to mine; my phone locked up all my photos.

Attachments

• 957e1da4694e2eeea395d5f431790734.jpg
    957e1da4694e2eeea395d5f431790734.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 6

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to split firewood with a maul when we lived in Colorado. I wish I had thought to use shin guards.

jack roykirk

Reaction score
I installed a new clock spring. I watched a video on Youtube on how to do it. It took the dude in the video a few hours to get the steering wheel bolt off so I was a bit apprehensive. He finally got it off with an air impact. I removed the air bag, two screws and three wires and the nut turned off easily for me. Piece of cake!

Last edited:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the turnaround time to expect on an oil analysis from Blackstone Labs? My oil sample was delivered to them on 9/22 (tracking number) and I haven’t heard anything. Also my card has not been charged. I just wrote their customer service to see what the usual timeframe is.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, how hard would you say it is to replace a water pump? Or at least a bad thermostat… My Jeep never got above 175° today, both to and from work, on a 40 minute commute.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the turnaround time to expect on an oil analysis from Blackstone Labs? My oil sample was delivered to them on 9/22 (tracking number) and I haven’t heard anything. Also my card has not been charged. I just wrote their customer service to see what the usual timeframe is.
mine was delayed also, and I was told they're about 2 weeks out once delivery is made. Mailed 9/15, delivered 9/27, I should hopefully have results by 10/11.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, how hard would you say it is to replace a water pump? Or at least a bad thermostat… My Jeep never got above 175° today, both to and from work, on a 40 minute commute.
On my Liberty, it looks like a 3 year old could change the water pump as it just has the electric fan. The thermostat is a project I don't like as it is connected to the lower hose

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
^ What Jeremy said. Just make sure you put it in the right way 'round. I did it backwards on a car many years ago and the experience was ... interesting ...

I do the thermostat when I do a coolant flush. Since the system needs to be drained I figure why not? With my luck, I'd change the coolant and then have the thermostat go bad a week later and have to drain it all over again.

I have the parts out in the garage (minus coolant) to do this now before it gets cold. New Thermostat and I am also replacing the hoses and clamps as well. After 106,000 miles I figure the hoses could stand a refresh.

I replaced my water pump years ago when it was six degrees out. Other than almost dying of frostbite I don't remember it being a big deal.

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Oil change on the 04 Kj today used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30
Seen that they had boxes of it at the dealership so i decided to try it when i saw it at the parts store. Going to fix the hose tomorrow and I plan on doing the lca bushing soon since i seen they were trashed when replacing rack and pinion. Still getting p0344 code might just go with a mopar part and see if they solves the issue with the code.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9 years and 47k miles on the current coolant load.
think it's (over)due on time?
as a bonus, I could finally install the block heater I've had here for about that long, if I do another flush and fill. :D