What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
A few more rock garden pics
You must be registered for see images attach
Love seeing the KJ perform well alongside the Wranglers! I live in the Phoenix metro, but don't do any offroading like this. I'll be taking my KJ out in a couple of weeks to do some elk scouting in Unit 23, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I encounter out east. Have you been out that direction before?

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love seeing the KJ perform well alongside the Wranglers! I live in the Phoenix metro, but don't do any offroading like this. I'll be taking my KJ out in a couple of weeks to do some elk scouting in Unit 23, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I encounter out east. Have you been out that direction before?
Yes sir, the mollogon rim/anchos ,I think I spelled that right ,some good looking country there ,I havent ran into anything that the kj hasmt been able to do

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I saw your jeep the other day,just cant recall where ,its the wheels I recognize

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big lizard in my backyard
Can't afford to feed him anymore
Big lizard in my backyard
Bustin' down my neighbor's door
I bought a big lizard, only a dollar-fifty
Well, that's pretty neat, yeah, it's f-n' nifty
But I just can't afford to feed it
And you should see the way it sh*ts
One of the best concerts I've ever attended. They did a small acoustic pre-show in the record store earlier that same day. Good times. Bunch weirdos...my kinda people.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never wanted to be a jack of all trades until I realized big companies charge $100-$200 an hour for messing everything up where I live. So this isn't exactly what I did to my jeep today, but my jeep took me here to work and the problem still applies to vehicles, which is why I wanted to share for those that haven't seen it happen.

You can see how swollen this blue hose is, the inner jacket broke open and was not letting water run though, it just filled up the outer liner. The same can happen with brake lines on vehicles where the inner springs a leak and it all runs inbetween the jackets but never leaks
externally, just acts like a reservoir.

knowing how to do at least the basics for most household repairs is a grand method for saving a butt ton of money.
at the very least it can turn a must call out someone at exorbitant rates disaster into a it can wait until someone can get here.

I just installed a ceiling fan in my family room. had to cut holes in drywall to patch, run wiring, install a mounting bracket, wire up the controller switch. In my area, that's easily a $500 install fee, not including the fan.

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the Jeep to Moab (from Dubuque, IA), did some trails.
-Hurrah Pass
-Gemini Bridges
-Long Canyon
-Willow Springs
-Tower Arch

And also got married out there for my destination wedding!

Then just 2 days after we got back, its back to firewood duty for the Jeep.

Liberties are the best! They are the perfect blend of utility and fun!

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Hurrah Pass
-Gemini Bridges
-Long Canyon
-Willow Springs
-Tower Arch

Congrats!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the creative steel rack bushings in the easy way...what's the easy way you ask? Gut the entire front end including the diffrential, gives you plenty of room to work on those bushings. (Don't really gut the front end just for rack bushings, I had mine apart anyway.) Original bushings didn’t look horrible, but now was the time.
Also took a look at the engine mounts while I had a good view and they have tears. What's the good brand these since Moog is a hit and miss.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Soon to be ex [(?) long story as is the norm] wifey stopped by early this morning with giant cups of Mississippi Mud Coffee to sit on my large deck, BS, watch the sun come up and see the pugs...and had the nerve ask if she could borrow Bert to go mudding in the river with he that shall not be named (and likely end up seriously injured Navy-style if he shows his face). I decided to let her (in the interest of amicability) as the U-Joints need replacement and they will likely destroy them. The deal I made was of course, "Yinz break it, you pay for the repairs."
Mwa ha ha ha hahahahahaaaaaaaa. ;)

In all seriousness though, it was a nice morning. I haven't had much time lately to take Bert out for a little abuse in the name of entertainment, and, she just don't feel right rolling around all clean and shiny. Plus, I have to admit, it was nice to have someone around to BS with during my favorite part of the day AND Bert always seems to run better after some non-pavement time.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple evenings I ran a 4ga power wire for a mini sub I had from my last truck, and future power inverter

Drivers Side near main harness is a clip that pops out. There is one on the passenger side too, I'll be running future other wires through that one too I'm sure.

Hole was folded metal and not sharp, so some heat shrink on outside and rtv to seal it up

Carpet and trim back in place

My seats are always folded down for work, so here's its temp home on the pass floor.
Apron just covering wires, not cutting floor mat and carpet till I find a more permanent home for it.

Ran the wires where the factory jack mounted

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Hurrah Pass
-Gemini Bridges
-Long Canyon
-Willow Springs
-Tower Arch

Mine will be going into plow duty soon as the snow is going to fly. winter beater ($250 minivan) is ready to go.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
I think I saw your jeep the other day,just cant recall where ,its the wheels I recognize
I wish that was my Jeep :( The Jeep in my profile picture was totaled a couple of months ago, and I haven't updated my picture to reflect the new KJ I bought.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a new usb extender installed so I can use apple play on my radio, glued the plastic clips on the fender so it stops popping off. Mounted my ham radio in the trunk, and ran a new separator cable for it. Cleaned the insides of all the windows and now I am working on designing led light clips in autocad for the grill.

Reactions: JRB

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish that was my Jeep :( The Jeep in my profile picture was totaled a couple of months ago, and I haven't updated my picture to reflect the new KJ I bought.
Oh damn ,well I see 2 kjs on the highway all the time a black one and a white one I thought was yours..I'm hitting buckhorn creek tomorow and Prescott senator hwy to crown king on the 29th,if you're interested

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oil change day. Jeepy is at 200716 miles today. Mobil-1 5W-20 Truck/SUV and Mobil-1 filter. Even with the synthetic, I change the oil every 3-4000 miles because of all the towing and city driving I do.

Last edited:

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Did a oil change today

Oil change day. Jeepy is at 200716 miles today. Mobil-1 5W-20 Truck/SUV and Mobil-1 filter. Even with the synthetic, I change the oil every 3-4000 miles because of all the towing and city driving I do.
did a oil change today at 166732 . I also use the Mobil-1 oil and filter (M1-209)
Great product

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a oil change today

did a oil change today at 166732 . I also use the Mobil-1 oil and filter (M1-209)
Great product
When I switched to Mobil-1 when my engine hit about 100K, it completely eliminated the tick/tapping sound the 3.7 typically had at startup. That tapping noise comes back by about 3000 miles or so, but by then I am ready to change the oil again. It runs the best on Mobil-1.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A nice easy scenic trail called buckhorn creek all the way through the mountains past castle springs to lake pleasant, got the Kj right in the sweet spot for easy or hard trails it can handle it all

Latest posts

Members online