What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With the help of some Nilight brackets, finally mounted a set of Rigid cubes on the rear portion of the hood on the 03
Have had the brackets for a year, and the cubes for 3 years sitting on the shop bench LOL
Thanks tjkj for the Rigids, take offs when he got rid of his KJ
The brackets in case anyone is wondering are ;

Nilight 90025B Mounting Brackets 2pcs Universal Hood​

Bolt right on edge easily, with set screws, no drilling into anything
tested to 75 MPH with the cubes on there and no vibration at all
Now along with the 4.5 inch VISION X Light Cannons on the Matrix brush guard, and the Rigid D-series Pro Specters
on the hood , maybe no more dark spots way up the road to and from work at O darkthirty

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Feels like going over rumble strips. It is a little gentler after the Shudder Fixx was added. It only happens (so far) at the bottom end of 3rd gear, at 30 mph. If I pick my foot up or press it down, the transmission shifts, RPMs go up, torque converter disengages, and the shuddering stops. It only does it on a gradual uphill at 30 mph. So far no shudder in 4th gear at 40-45 mph when the RPMs are low.
Mmmm sounds almost like what I was experiencing on the 03 but that went away once I used the Shutter stutter stuff
Got a buddy who does transmissions, see if he has any extra thoughts

Reaction score
What I did to my KJ today;
Finished tidying up the wire work for my rear roof lights.Cable tying,putting on wire loom and taping..looks much better now.
Looked under the hood,trying to figure out why my universal washer pump does not work when I flick the rocker switch on.
When I did turn it on,the switch lit up but the pump did nothing.
I removed the red and black wires that go from the pump to the wiring harness/relay/switch.
I than connected the red and black to the battery.So I know that the pump works,because I got plenty of fluid to spray.
So,either I did not have a good connection,or the switch was not connected properly?
The back of the switch has 5 pins.One red wire was not connected to anything,and one white also not connected to anything......?
I than got underneath the Jeep and realized that even though there is a bit of damage to the front cross member,I just might be able to attach the nut plates for the grill guard.Might need some JB Weld,socket drill bits and an extra pair of hands.Sure hope this works,as that grill guard has been sitting in my basement for over a year now.
I than spent over 2 minutes playing with both key fobs,trying to figure out why they work just fine when the door is open,But when both doors are closed,I some times have to press the damn button 3 or 4 times,depending on the angle I am holding it,to get it work.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Was able to clean off the UV damage off the front head lights with 3M head light restoration kit. They get bad every few years here in CO because of all the sunny days. At least they are clear and bright again now!
Cool! I did the same a while back. Wish I could get the delaminates off the interior too. Dang heat physics!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I took the weekend off from serious work and rebuilt my heater and ac control panel out of the dash. Used parts from a junkyard pull.

Still laughing that the vent control **** is vacuum rather than electrical.

I got tired of it switching between functions on its own at random.

GBsKJ

Reaction score
Did my headlights too. Been meaning to do it. Priced oem, just about fainted. Didn't want aftermarket headlights. Still have small pits from 16 years of use. But yellow gone, looks way better.

I unbolted the 10mm bolts and removed headlights to polish. Sat on a chair with headlight in my lap. Worked really well that way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Before...

After....

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Did my headlights too. Been meaning to do it. Priced oem, just about fainted. Didn't want aftermarket headlights. Still have small pits from 16 years of use. But yellow gone, looks way better.

I unbolted the 10mm bolts and removed headlights to polish. Sat on a chair with headlight in my lap. Worked really well that way.

Before...

After....

Wow! I used the 3M kit but may have to grab this one to get the amazing results you did!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmmm sounds almost like what I was experiencing on the 03 but that went away once I used the Shutter stutter stuff
Got a buddy who does transmissions, see if he has any extra thoughts
The last couple days the shudder feels more muted and doesn’t happen as much. Maybe the shudder stuff is kicking in? Is there any harm in putting in a second tube to see if that takes it the rest of the way?

KJManiacz

Reaction score
Got mine dropped off at the shop today for a Bilstein OME lift install. New tires on MOABS getting put on Saturday. Hopefully will take it ice fishing on Sunday. I'm so excited!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Got the lower ball joints out without issue using the Universal Adjustment Tool. Got the JBAs in without issue. Cried at the sheer beauty of brand new UCAs in Bengal Red. Painted the springs in Bengal Rep poly.

Then discovered that none of the adapters for my ball joint press are the right size to put in the lower Moogs.

(bangs head against garage wall multiple times)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
What I did to my KJ today;
Finished tidying up the wire work for my rear roof lights.Cable tying,putting on wire loom and taping..looks much better now.
Looked under the hood,trying to figure out why my universal washer pump does not work when I flick the rocker switch on.
When I did turn it on,the switch lit up but the pump did nothing.
I removed the red and black wires that go from the pump to the wiring harness/relay/switch.
I than connected the red and black to the battery.So I know that the pump works,because I got plenty of fluid to spray.
So,either I did not have a good connection,or the switch was not connected properly?
The back of the switch has 5 pins.One red wire was not connected to anything,and one white also not connected to anything......?
I than got underneath the Jeep and realized that even though there is a bit of damage to the front cross member,I just might be able to attach the nut plates for the grill guard.Might need some JB Weld,socket drill bits and an extra pair of hands.Sure hope this works,as that grill guard has been sitting in my basement for over a year now.
I than spent over 2 minutes playing with both key fobs,trying to figure out why they work just fine when the door is open,But when both doors are closed,I some times have to press the damn button 3 or 4 times,depending on the angle I am holding it,to get it work.
I dub thee "Bert's Spooky Cousin".

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday, the 6th.

Went down to Torrey, Utah, and east to the Cathedral Valley loop. 70 miles of off road, starts with driving down the river to cross it. Dirt, gravel, sand, dry wash crossings, wet wash crossings. and fantastic scenery. Red rock sandstone formations. A little rock crawling. Plenty of holes. But the old Liberty did what it was supposed to do.

Took about 8 hours to drive the 70 miles, mostly slow going but a lot of stops along the way.

Then a 2 hour drive home, in the dark, dodging deer.

I should have spent the night and came back in daylight on Sunday. There is a campground, primitive, at the half way point with a view on the valley edge. 6 spaces, first in.

But I'm not yet set up for Jeep camping. In November it probably never fills. But in good weather times those 6 spaces go by noon on Friday. There is plenty of BLM land nearby where dispersed camping is allowed.

So that's my next goal. Overnight Jeep camping.

There are many SUV campers in southern Utah. The young people have got into it wholeheartedly.
dc

GBsKJ

Reaction score
Went to junk yard the other day and picked up door seals for all four doors. My front doors, the seals were splitting. Ones I got looked new. While there, they had a Renegade roof rack system I think it's called. Didn't get it, but kept thinking about. Went back today to get it. They had two, only got the one, but did grab extra hardware off 2nd unit. 52 bucks. Putting on in a bit. No cracks, looks good, just dirty....

GBsKJ

Reaction score
Done. Might put the rubber strips on roof. I grabbed 2 sets. Just held on with foam sticky tape.. Don't plan on carrying anything on this rack. Mostly for looks. Saw a used one on ebay for 300 bucks! Just the outside rack peice, no hardware. I should of grabbed 2nd one. Three Liberty's there. Couple Liberty's had tow hooks too. Should of grabbed them. Oh well.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Went to junk yard the other day and picked up door seals for all four doors. My front doors, the seals were splitting. Ones I got looked new. While there, they had a Renegade roof rack system I think it's called. Didn't get it, but kept thinking about. Went back today to get it. They had two, only got the one, but did grab extra hardware off 2nd unit. 52 bucks. Putting on in a bit. No cracks, looks good, just dirty....

I can remember when people were cutting them up and throwing them in the trash
I got one gave to me. ( its on the 03 ) buddy was tired of it hanging on the garage wall LOL

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally did my oil change at 17,000 miles. I use mobil 1 and I have been doing this as long as I have owned my 06 Liberty. I should send in an oil sample and see how much life is left in that oil