What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Working on the KJ will be like tripping over a skunk in the middle of night, drunk, in a strange mountain forest with Big Foot chasing you
EASY , easy , easy
Yeah! Truthfully everything I've done one the KJ has been easy so far. Even easier than my supposedly simple VW. Them Nissan's are Hades.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Got the Generals installed yesterday, aligned after the deer ****, still flare taped on but have the clips now to reinstall
Tried the tires out on dirt backroads today
You must be registered for see images attach

Man the bumper makes me drool.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noticed a bit of torque converter shudder (I think) at 30 mph after shifting from 2nd into 3rd. Hmmmmm. 187K miles on it. Is it wearing out?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles since you last changed ATF+4 transmission fluid & filter? Fluid at full line ?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Try this , got mine from Amazon , was 7.95 when I got mine for the 03
Interesting. Since you are the one telling me about it, it must not be a product that can cause more issues like a stop leak in a radiator. Tell me more about your experience. My jeep was doing something almost identical to this today, after shifting into 3rd in town (especially on a slight uphill):

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

No check engine light or pending codes (yet).

GBsKJ

Reaction score
Installed new stereo. Cheapy off Amazon by Boss audio. 35 bucks or so, along with new bezel surround. Old unit CD portion didn't work, always made a strange sound like it was reading CDs, but no CDs installed. Did that every time I started the KJ.

Now I have bluetooth, USB port/charger and an auxiliary port if needed. Good unit, also have in my '69 300 'vert.

Assembled portable winch cradle. Waiting for Amazon to deliver power cables/connectors to build the winch power cables for front/rear hitch mounts.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. Since you are the one telling me about it, it must not be a product that can cause more issues like a stop leak in a radiator. Tell me more about your experience. My jeep was doing something almost identical to this today, after shifting into 3rd in town (especially on a slight uphill):
No check engine light or pending codes (yet).
Pending or transmission codes may not set, & recommend you have it checked with a high end shop scanner. A good trans shop may be best or dealer.
If they know what they are doing, they should be ablve to view the clutch volume index and be able to check solenoids performance etc.
Ya the LubeGard shudder fix is a good safe product. Worth a try.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy on another forum swears by it - his trans was starting to do the same thing, a transmission guy told him to try the LubeGard shudder fix first. He hasn’t had to do anything to the trans since - and it’s been a couple years.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Rear bumper ? I had them made and sold them for a while back 2011=2012 or so, that one was one people wanted but never picked up so I finally stuck it on the 03
Though now that I look at it, that rear bumper is pretty sharp too!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, TC and Leeann for your suggestion of the instant shudder fix treatment. I added a tube today and the shudder is a little more muted but still present. I drove it about 25 miles to make sure the ATF was all mixed around. I think this means I will need to be saving up for a new torque converter at some point in the near future. (Also, checked the level and the ATF is not low and is still a normal red color. It’s only a year old.)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.