What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Literally searched the world for a snorkel that wasn't obscenely overpriced. Sure Sarfari vs. ARB is cool and all, but that price tag is highway robbery in my opinion for a few bits of injection molded ABS plastic and some screws. Ain't gonna lie, only want it for dust control not beacuse of the desert, but for the miles of crushed limestone roads in Nebraska. I have put 6 air filters on Bert since June, all plugged solid with rock dust and dead bugs.

Thanks to international coded googlee searches, read about a plastics company called Escape. Went further down the rabbit hole and ended up in the EU. Changed search term to "Jeep KJ Cherokee" Found a few vendors carrying Escape products. Dug even deeper and found an Off Road Products company in the Czech Republic called Escape 4x4. Dug even deeper and found they are in fact one in the same and have an English language version of their site.

Contacted them direct via email and they ship to the US via fedEx and/or hopefully DHL (the fastest parcel company in the world)
They offered a free quote to me for shipping and the other fees if any. Shipping to my home is under 150USD.

You must be registered for see images attach

ABS plastic is ABS plastic. ARB has gotten plenty of my money...and some of you might be aware of the current year long shipping issues for Ozzie stuff...

At time of writing this is 189,00 Euros which exchanges to 216USD.

US prices range +/- 500USD for the exact same hunks of plastic, most on long back orders or out of stock.

Looks like Bert is gonna be fully Mall Rated by Xmas.

Side note: Found a bunch of vendors in Poland and the Czech Republic that have custom skid plates, bumpers, and tons of other KJ specific stuff we cannot get in the US anymore unless we run Black Ops on Tom. Pricing varies, but worth a dig and a look see because I'm fairly certain Tom is well armed at his Libby Compound. Most if not all ship to the US.

:wink wink wink:

UPDATE:

Dang it. Total price plus shipping would have been about 325USD. But they kindly informed me their website was not updated properly. Out of Stock - Currently Not in Production until Further Notice. Dang.

Deeper down the rabbit hole for me. Goal: Used from junk yards in eastern Europe. Less customs stuff as it its literally buying Scrap.

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Saturday, the 6th.

Went down to Torrey, Utah, and east to the Cathedral Valley loop. 70 miles of off road, starts with driving down the river to cross it. Dirt, gravel, sand, dry wash crossings, wet wash crossings. and fantastic scenery. Red rock sandstone formations. A little rock crawling. Plenty of holes. But the old Liberty did what it was supposed to do.

Took about 8 hours to drive the 70 miles, mostly slow going but a lot of stops along the way.

Then a 2 hour drive home, in the dark, dodging deer.

I should have spent the night and came back in daylight on Sunday. There is a campground, primitive, at the half way point with a view on the valley edge. 6 spaces, first in.

But I'm not yet set up for Jeep camping. In November it probably never fills. But in good weather times those 6 spaces go by noon on Friday. There is plenty of BLM land nearby where dispersed camping is allowed.

So that's my next goal. Overnight Jeep camping.

There are many SUV campers in southern Utah. The young people have got into it wholeheartedly.
dc
Been there, loved that many many times.
I'll share one of my secret spots out there with yinze, but you gotta dig to find the exact location...
SINBAD

DaGrinch

Reaction score
Today? Only today? For the last month I've had my '06 Limited down trying to get the driver's door open. The actuator failed, I purchased a used one, and for some reason unbeknownst to me, it was totally defective. Once installed (by me) and I closed the door, it would not open back up. Wife said it was time to go to my faithful mechanic. He finally got it open after messing with it on and off for several days. BUT! In doing so, the driver's glass was broken. Search for a driver's glass for an '06 with a build date of 03/06. Everyone has the type with metal on the bottom and 2 attachment pins. Even went so far as make the trek to Pittsburgh since they had 3! Got back, went to my mechanic with a big smile on my face and was told, "That's not what goes in there." Called the parts yard, nope, the other two are the same. Need just plain glass with the hole in the bottom for the attachment point.
Back to the drawing board.
Found one on eBay - fingers crossed now. I need my workhorse back!

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gun creek,tonto national forest ... hadnt done this trail until today,wicked cool and found a new camp site I wanna stay at

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
We had snow here yesterday morning
Just about enough to cover the grass and leaves
wasn't any at all on the roads , even the back roads
last evening then it rained LOL

Rasfetch

Reaction score

Gun creek,tonto national forest ... hadnt done this trail until today,wicked cool and found a new camp site I wanna stay at
Wow this is beautiful! I live in the Tempe area, and I want to take my recently lifted liberty out to some cool spots like this in the Tonto National Forest or in Camp Verde.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow this is beautiful! I live in the Tempe area, and I want to take my recently lifted liberty out to some cool spots like this in the Tonto National Forest or in Camp Verde.
Do it ! You wont regret it

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
We had snow here yesterday morning
Just about enough to cover the grass and leaves
wasn't any at all on the roads , even the back roads
last evening then it rained LOL
We got a bitter cold wind storm with a tad of sleet and a few flakes late last week. Now it’s a balmy 35C with a bit of sun.

Waiting on parts as always. Got rear lift done. Replaced all the bushings on both ends. Clearanced the UCA ports and got the new JBAs in. Held up waiting for the LCA bushings I completely forgot about and order from from Czechia as the others.

Hopefully have time to get at least one cargo door in the driverside third window.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
We got a bitter cold wind storm with a tad of sleet and a few flakes late last week. Now it’s a balmy 35C with a bit of sun.

Waiting on parts as always. Got rear lift done. Replaced all the bushings on both ends. Clearanced the UCA ports and got the new JBAs in. Held up waiting for the LCA bushings I completely forgot about and order from from Czechia as the others.

Hopefully have time to get at least one cargo door in the driverside third window.
How did you clearance them, hopefully just pounded the lip over
Used to cut them until we found out that does more harm than good

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mount Vernon, WA

This guy on here? I feel like I've seen that jeep before here.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also had fun making the stupid shark fins in the wheel wells go bye/bye!
Yes very easy to do, my son did the ones on the 03 and had only been in this country 4 days, ( at that point, from Tanzania ) never picked up a wrench before
But talked him through it and came out looking like the inner fenders had ever been touched
At first he tapped the pinch weld like he was afraid he would hurt it ! :D:cool::);)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Yes very easy to do, my son did the ones on the 03 and had only been in this country 4 days, ( at that point, from Tanzania ) never picked up a wrench before
But talked him through it and came out looking like the inner fenders had ever been touched
At first he tapped the pinch weld like he was afraid he would hurt it ! :D:cool::);)
I should have filmed it. Got out the “Universal Adjustment Tool”, pulled the wheels and well liner, put Ministry’s song “So What” and swung every time he screams “Die!” In the song… Smooth as silk. 07 has a bit of plastic covering it on the fender liners, so sawed that off and the fiberglassed the hole. Bit of Herculiner and it’s gone.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I should have filmed it. Got out the “Universal Adjustment Tool”, pulled the wheels and well liner, put Ministry’s song “So What” and swung every time he screams “Die!” In the song… Smooth as silk. 07 has a bit of plastic covering it on the fender liners, so sawed that off and the fiberglassed the hole. Bit of Herculiner and it’s gone.
all have a piece of the inner fenderliners covering the pinch weld , if cut right and heated up it all melts back together flat after hammering away at it and painting it, nothing else needs done