What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post some follow up. Debating throwing a set of those in the minivan.

I have them on the rear of my Chevy Astro. They're awesome. Like a regular good shock unloaded, but they're awesome when loaded or towing.

Had them on there when I towed the Liberty back from MI. No problems at all.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove to my new job, ( yes have retired once ha ha ) first official day, although been there 3 days now.
Came out to find two guys under it looking it over, said they had never seen any setup like I have ! LOL yeah, doubt if they have even though everyone there is a gearhead in some way.
You know when you work for the COUGHLIN BROTHERS,...............

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to my new job, ( yes have retired once ha ha ) first official day, although been there 3 days now.
Came out to find two guys under it looking it over, said they had never seen any setup like I have ! LOL yeah, doubt if they have even though everyone there is a gearhead in some way.
You know when you work for the COUGHLIN BROTHERS,...............

A setup that wasn't hacked together or just a spacer lift I imagine.:happy175: I already swayed a guy here that has a spacer lift on his KJ. He came up to me after he saw mine parked next to his with mine sitting higher.:gr_grin: The day he orders his better components I offered to help put them on.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cause is the incorrect shock length since Bilstein does not make a lifted rear shock for a KJ and why the OME's don't blowout like this since they are the correct length(un-modified OME lifts only).

My rear 7100's have been flawless for over 31,000 miles but measured correctly for my shocks to prevent fully compressing them.

Actually the lengths come out OK if you use the models on JBA's site and use proper bumpstops.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran them for over 100,000 miles on the 04, well two sets, turned one set in on a new set

any squeaks or whatever on the shock with the coil over? Looks like a pad or something on them mid coil on the body.

anything else you can volunteer? Memory is hazy, those were when you had 948 +2 iso or JBA 4's?

chryslerminvan.net guys didn't like them and complained of, ...everything. Was a real Goldilocks shit show.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil change and HD fan changeover for summer. Did the girls oil change as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ordered a new passenger side shock/strut mount. Driver's one went bad last fall/winter, makes sense the passenger one shit the bed now. That squawking sound is awful.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You take your mechanical fan out for the winter? Which efan do you have?
Ya I took my mech fan and large shroud out for the winter this year. Changed it out with my original no shroud fan. Time for the high heat fan combo though. Little late but been very busy.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I took my mech fan and large shroud out for the winter this year. Changed it out with my original no shroud fan. Time for the high heat fan combo though. Little late but been very busy.

Can I ask why you do that ?
Just curious

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Took the KL to the dealer today, new CV axle will be in tomorrow so it gets to go back for that.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always a good day when I come into work and the first car brought to me is a Liberty. 115k 2004 red that came in for a deer hit.. completely trashed and decent holes in the rockers.
I love working on them because they constantly make me happier with my own KJ lol. 100k less than mine, newer, 4x4.. and I would still take my own any day. I thought my own shocks were sagged, but holy crap, I pulled it up next to mine and it sat at least 3/4" lower..

Anyways, what I did to my jeep today lol. I stayed after to rotate/rebalance my tires, check my brakes, lube slide pins grease everything back up, just inspect stuff.. then dropped it down, washed it vacuumed it quick clean and bath, shampooed out a salt stain from winter, clay bar'd it and waxed it and left like a rocket lol

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The KJ: put new ball joint heatshield on
The KL: left it at the dealer since they ordered the wrong CV for it and I didn't feel like taking it in for the 3rd time for the same issue
The XJ: nothing

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ: put new ball joint heatshield on
The KL: left it at the dealer since they ordered the wrong CV for it and I didn't feel like taking it in for the 3rd time for the same issue
The XJ: nothing
Our ball joints have heatshields? Am I missing something?