What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd actually bet that the intermediate is the cause of the issues but yeah better to replace both, assuming the CV has a lifetime warranty.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the transfer case skid. The nutzerts that came with it were too big for the holes so I had to file out the holes with a metal file and installed them that way.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the transmission skid on as it didn't come with the required bolts and nutzerts and where I live I cant get nutzerts in a hurry. 3 more days til my trip, so much still to do!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed the transfer case skid. The nutzerts that came with it were too big for the holes so I had to file out the holes with a metal file and installed them that way.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the transmission skid on as it didn't come with the required bolts and nutzerts and where I live I cant get nutzerts in a hurry. 3 more days til my trip, so much still to do!

transmission skid, just drill holes and bolt it on, much better and easier

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They've come down in price, last time I did mine I think I got one for $110 off eBay and that was the best price.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Jegs has intermediate shafts as well
just saw 9 today.............
83.99 each

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New coolant tank and LBJ's first jeep parts I have bought from OZ, for a change it was cheaper to buy here than ship from U.S.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to replace the transfer case switch. Pulled the centre console out, found the switch but my socket was about 1mm too small so I couldn't get it. Tried multigrips but no luck.

And now, after putting it all back together, my front air lockers have stopped working. When I press the switch for the compressor, it doesn't turn on. I must have knocked a wire loose or something. No idea! Ofcourse it had to happen the day before my 2 week off road adventure. :mad:

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New coolant tank and LBJ's first jeep parts I have bought from OZ, for a change it was cheaper to buy here than ship from U.S.

Where'd you get the parts from in Oz?

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts from Repco $75 for the tank overnight delivery to store $35 each for LBJ's

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can't tell but the zerk fitting looks like it's the middle of the ball joint just from the way it is resting in the picture.
I believe those would be for 2wd liberty.

Just making sure before you start pressing it in and realizing the zerk fitting hits the CV.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have had the same thought won't get to fitting them till next week but I will be checking first

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have had the same thought won't get to fitting them till next week but I will be checking first

If its in the top, take them back right away
grease fitting has to be on the side to be able to grease them