What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, seems mostly like 12v compressors. I was interested more in something that runs off the accessory belt with a higher CFM rating to store in a small 10gallon or so tank able to run some tools and such.

If wanting to use tools you'll need a much larger tank and compressor.
If wanting to use tools go CO2 and be done , have the power to run them as well as air up tools.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
sometimes it shifts really smooth and sometimes i can feel every gear change with intermittent shudders. p0740 came up as pending(no CEL) after i noticed a shudder. p1776 came later on with CEL after hard shift. went to autozone to return failed alternator and wanted them to check battery. open the hood and the ground is really loose on the battery. that cleared the codes but i watched it on the way home. p0740 came up again as pending along with p0732 but no CEL. the solenoid is new, valvebody is new and even reinspected before reassembled the transmission so i wait to see what trans guy says on thursday. yay warranties... been researching p1776 and p0740 goes is too many directions.

I hear you there. Been at it since last August and 4 trips to the dealer and 2 other shops. No one seems to know whats up.

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you there. Been at it since last August and 4 trips to the dealer and 2 other shops. No one seems to know whats up.

maybe should resurrect yer old thread and bring the convo there or even start a "whats wrong with yer 42rle today?" thread. are you getting a CEL with the code or just pending?

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are seat covers, if you want to know where to get them send me a PM and I'll let you know the part # when I had back to autozone

I'm interested in that part number. My jeep is clean enough as far as I'm concern but front seats (especially the driver's) are worn.

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If wanting to use tools you'll need a much larger tank and compressor.
If wanting to use tools go CO2 and be done , have the power to run them as well as air up tools.

How big of a tank? And how big of a C02 tank do you need?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How big of a tank? And how big of a C02 tank do you need?

I ran a 15 lb for a while and so did a buddy of mine.
On his we did a complete lift and aired up tires several times before it needed refilled.
Of course if using something like a sander etc that needs lots of air it will go a lot faster but for normal removing tires etc and airing them up does great

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I gave the Jeep a buddy :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Took delivery of a 2007 Scion tC. 5 speed manual with only 60k miles on her.

The Jeep is stepping down from her position as DD.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I gave the Jeep a buddy :)

Took delivery of a 2007 Scion tC. 5 speed manual with only 60k miles on her.

The Jeep is stepping down from her position as DD.

Nice car! A few around here are wicked quick - don't know what mods they've done but they worked ;)

Keep the KJ's body rust-free and it will now last you a lifetime :waytogo:

Bob

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice buddy! Your Scion Tc will be replaced and your Jeep will be resting. The second pic i see the weight balance in the wheel rim, it look very exposed.

One humble recommendation next time when you balance your wheels, ask the man who doing the wheel balance to place the weight inside the rim. By the way your Jeep look great.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
maybe should resurrect yer old thread and bring the convo there or even start a "whats wrong with yer 42rle today?" thread. are you getting a CEL with the code or just pending?

Yeah, we could resurrect it or start one "How many time have you gotten a PO740 today?" :happy175:

Not sure if it's pending. No light on right now, I know it's still in there, I told the dealer not to clear it.

acrzjeeper

Reaction score
Update

Haven't posted in a while and since have done a few things. I replaced the radiator with a Mopar radiator due to a crack. Flushed the radiator fluid. Replaced the water pump and thermostat at the same time. Got new lockable lug nuts for the wheels since the others were all non-matching. Rotated the spare tire into the mix with the others so they all wear evenly. Went offroading and hiking with my daughter here in Utah. It's great weather around this time of year. Also went down to a city about 35 miles away from me. Filled up the gas tank right before I left and got 23.5 MPG on the HWY with 2.5 inch lift and 245/75 R16 tires! I was stokkkkkked!

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while and since have done a few things. I replaced the radiator with a Mopar radiator due to a crack. Flushed the radiator fluid. Replaced the water pump and thermostat at the same time. Got new lockable lug nuts for the wheels since the others were all non-matching. Rotated the spare tire into the mix with the others so they all wear evenly. Went offroading and hiking with my daughter here in Utah. It's great weather around this time of year. Also went down to a city about 35 miles away from me. Filled up the gas tank right before I left and got 23.5 MPG on the HWY with 2.5 inch lift and 245/75 R16 tires! I was stokkkkkked!

Very nice!!! :waytogo:

Would love to wheel in Utah - I think my KJ would appreciate it too ;)

Bob

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During Last week or so
  • Bought used cargo cover
  • Got local Jeep club membership
  • Used previously acquired club membership to ordre hitch shackle with discount
  • Ordered Philips Extreme Vision headlights bulbs per this forum advice
  • Sort and stored tools under seats. Lesson learned

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice buddy! Your Scion Tc will be replaced and your Jeep will be resting. The second pic i see the weight balance in the wheel rim, it look very exposed.

One humble recommendation next time when you balance your wheels, ask the man who doing the wheel balance to place the weight inside the rim. By the way your Jeep look great.

It's got weight on both sides. That was a heavy balance wheel. Could have used stick ons but honestly the weights don't bother me very much.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post here...but wanted to iterate my feelings on something - the forums for the tC are absolutely DEAD. All of the ones I can find go a few days without a post. I just wanted to thank you guys for being such an awesome, active group. You really set the standard high for automotive forums.

Thank you!!! :cheers:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

I always make sure there are weights on both sides, hate either using those stick on weights or only doing one side
Old School yes possibly but it works best , rather have well balanced wheels than not having a weight there, plus at 100 plus MPH, no one sees them anyways :happy175:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post here...but wanted to iterate my feelings on something - the forums for the tC are absolutely DEAD. All of the ones I can find go a few days without a post. I just wanted to thank you guys for being such an awesome, active group. You really set the standard high for automotive forums.

Thank you!!! :cheers:

My wife sees me typing away and asks me if I'm on JeepKJ - tell her, "Yep, answering a forum post." She asked me last night if I just keep typing the same answer all the time - cuz there can't be that many different issues/questions to talk about.

"Babe, you have no idea..." :happy175:

I agree, Marty. This is a GREAT forum :waytogo:

Bob

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife sees me typing away and asks me if I'm on JeepKJ - tell her, "Yep, answering a forum post." She asked me last night if I just keep typing the same answer all the time - cuz there can't be that many different issues/questions to talk about.

"Babe, you have no idea..." :happy175:

I agree, Marty. This is a GREAT forum :waytogo:

Bob

I told mine that I can either take the KJ and her money to a repair shop, or leave me alone while on the forum. Only had to say it once. :gr_grin: