What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finn

Reaction score
Well not much....
replaced a few things
Both rear tail lamps
Rear upper control arm
Both rear lower arms
drivers side lower ball joint
front drive axle
rear axle u joints
drivers front seat
steering wheel
oil
air filter
front and rear diff fluid
transfer case position switch
one wheel stud on drivers side front hub
wipers
4 tires (shop didnt have a 5th so that will come later)
alignment
and.... passed the maryland state inspection
not everything done was needed to pass but it was repairs I wanted to get out of the way.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All today???

And, for those that don't know, the MD inspection is no joke (friend who moved here from NY couldn't believe how much more involved it is).

Finn

Reaction score
well Not in just the one day did it over the past 2 or 3 weeks before i out it in for inspection but today was the axle inspection and tires.
btw leeann I was ghosting on the forums before I bought the jeep and was reading some threads you posted... nice stuff. I liked the CB Radio thread but I would love to see any pics you might have of it now. I have been talking to some old car show friends about doing a dbl din install with radio on top of a cb in the dash.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but you're thinking of someone else onthe CB radio thread. My CB is a handheld that has switchable bases ;)

Finn

Reaction score
sweet youll be a neighbor... yea if you see a silver with a red front end thats me

Finn

Reaction score
awesome a wings fan too... i loved stevie Y. when I was a kid I remember him getting drafted he was my hero that i tried to play like!

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
All today???

And, for those that don't know, the MD inspection is no joke (friend who moved here from NY couldn't believe how much more involved it is).

It's true... I gave up and commuted by bicycle for awhile. First 14 miles a day; then 20. Lived in Annapolis, Crofton, and Kensington until I ran away from the heat and traffic.

Finn

Reaction score
It's true... I gave up and commuted by bicycle for awhile. First 14 miles a day; then 20. Lived in Annapolis, Crofton, and Kensington until I ran away from the heat and traffic.

and the crazy gun grabbing liberals?

when i lived in Sweden I loved the cold weather and the nature but i missed the... old bay! had my folks always sending me a can every few months!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I always make sure there are weights on both sides, hate either using those stick on weights or only doing one side
Old School yes possibly but it works best , rather have well balanced wheels than not having a weight there, plus at 100 plus MPH, no one sees them anyways :happy175:

Same. Discount tire always just did it on the inside and they never balanced right. They were shocked when I told them to put them on the outside too. It was like that for the first 10 years of its life, why not keep it that way? The weights cover up the corrosion on the wheels. :happy175:

Sorry for the double post here...but wanted to iterate my feelings on something - the forums for the tC are absolutely DEAD. All of the ones I can find go a few days without a post. I just wanted to thank you guys for being such an awesome, active group. You really set the standard high for automotive forums.

Thank you!!! :cheers:

My wife sees me typing away and asks me if I'm on JeepKJ - tell her, "Yep, answering a forum post." She asked me last night if I just keep typing the same answer all the time - cuz there can't be that many different issues/questions to talk about.

"Babe, you have no idea..." :happy175:

I agree, Marty. This is a GREAT forum :waytogo:

Bob

This definitely a great forum, thanks to members like yourselves!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife sees me typing away and asks me if I'm on JeepKJ - tell her, "Yep, answering a forum post." She asked me last night if I just keep typing the same answer all the time - cuz there can't be that many different issues/questions to talk about.

"Babe, you have no idea..." :happy175:

I agree, Marty. This is a GREAT forum :waytogo:

Bob

Depends on the question, if about lifts ,...............then yes pretty much same answer for over 12 years :happy175:
Of course now 9 well soon ) you'll have some more info , right??

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Same. Discount tire always just did it on the inside and they never balanced right. They were shocked when I told them to put them on the outside too. It was like that for the first 10 years of its life, why not keep it that way? The weights cover up the corrosion on the wheels. :happy175:

This definitely a great forum, thanks to members like yourselves!

I won't even buy wheels if you can't install weights on both sides

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the question, if about lifts ,...............then yes pretty much same answer for over 12 years :happy175:
Of course now 9 well soon ) you'll have some more info , right??

Yes sir, will get to change a couple of lines in my signature too! But while I have things apart I want to fix/upgrade a couple of components - need a couple of tools and a bowl of Wheaties to tackle it :icon_razz:

Took a little trip today and picked up a Skid Row engine skid from Bmrrwolfe - really appreciate how he worked out the pickup with me. A little bit of sanding, a few coats of paint and it will go on the black Renegade to replace the Mopar engine skid. As you can tell, it was broken in by Bmrrwolfe for me - I intend to do him proud by taking it on the trails this summer ;)

You must be registered for see images

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes sir, will get to change a couple of lines in my signature too! But while I have things apart I want to fix/upgrade a couple of components - need a couple of tools and a bowl of Wheaties to tackle it :icon_razz:

Took a little trip today and picked up a Skid Row engine skid from Bmrrwolfe - really appreciate how he worked out the pickup with me. A little bit of sanding, a few coats of paint and it will go on the black Renegade to replace the Mopar engine skid. As you can tell, it was broken in by Bmrrwolfe for me - I intend to do him proud by taking it on the trails this summer ;)

Bob

Looks great just the way it is! LOL
Now add in the 4XGuard front skid which bolts up with just drilling two holes and be good

Latest posts

Members online