What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Luck ? Nah , If you are looking for something and are ready to buy and are willng to travel or pay what it costs for shipping you might want to mention it to Tom. He keeps up on things!:gr_grin::gr_grin:

Yeah like searching for tires for mine ONLY to tell you about a set and you saying no, then yes , then .................well ya know :happy175::happy175::ROFLJest:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Washed it yesterday and detailed the interior
THEN last night..........Started buffing out about 5-6 small scratches out of the rear door jamb where my son gets in and out. :favorites68:
This led into I think I'll just give it a quick wax job, which turned into a complete, wash again, clay bar, three coats of wax, removing the rear tire, carrier and brackets to clean in behind them.:emotions34:
Just popped the hood to detail it ,...............maybe .........:icon_twisted:
or go to bed , I think it must be bedtime somewhere .....:shrug:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it yesterday and detailed the interior
THEN last night..........Started buffing out about 5-6 small scratches out of the rear door jamb where my son gets in and out. :favorites68:
This led into I think I'll just give it a quick wax job, which turned into a complete, wash again, clay bar, three coats of wax, removing the rear tire, carrier and brackets to clean in behind them.:emotions34:
Just popped the hood to detail it ,...............maybe .........:icon_twisted:
or go to bed , I think it must be bedtime somewhere .....:shrug:

This is why my wife hates when I detail my vehicles. Turns into a weekend long endeavor lol. But it needs to be done to keep them healthy.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why my wife hates when I detail my vehicles. Turns into a weekend long endeavor lol. But it needs to be done to keep them healthy.

At least you don't go overboard. I take all my seats out at least 10 times a year and clean the carpet and seat rails and take out all trim I can to clean it and deep clean the vents. The whole car gets clayed three times a year also. And my engine bay, that's always clean. Never seems to get dirty but I detail that anyway.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At least you don't go overboard. I take all my seats out at least 10 times a year and clean the carpet and seat rails and take out all trim I can to clean it and deep clean the vents. The whole car gets clayed three times a year also. And my engine bay, that's always clean. Never seems to get dirty but I detail that anyway.

Only three times a year clay barring?
The 03 has been twice since I bought it, 04 was always done all 4 seasons at least , of course it went off road etc a lot more and needed that more. :icon_lol:
My wife didn't understand why I had the spare tire and the brackets all off when I was " just waxing it" :happy175:
As far as removing seats, once a year is plenty for that to find all of those things you bought and forgot where you stuck them
Engine bay , yes always clean so I can see if there are any issues. I've had to power wash an engine before just to install new plugs on a friends....not mentioning names but they live in the Toledo area :icon_lol:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Shoes
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which tom, my top radiator hose blew today. Got one from Napa letting it cool down so I can take the cap off and bleed it then tap that horrific bleeder screw out

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
New Shoes

And to think none of these wheels or tires came out of my garage !:shrug::shrug::emotions34::ROFLJest:

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally think that I have gotten all of the parts and pieces that I need to change my head gaskets minus the tools I will need to rent. I will also be changing the oil, coolant, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, and some other gaskets that came with my head gasket kit.

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6016-all-parts-work-engine.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6017-all-parts-change-head-gaskets-well-other-gaskets.jpg

If anyone sees that I am missing something that is needed to change the head gaskets please let me know. I will be starting this project this weekend, so if anyone wants any specific picture while I am doing this just let me know and I will do my best to post the picture you need. I am excited to finally take care of this so that I can get back to driving it! :gr_grin:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced both upper and lower rad hoses. Top one blew apart and I wasn't going to take the risk. You would think paying 4 grand for a new engine they would inspect the hoses. I even told them if they think the hoses weren't up for the job to replace them. Granted somewhat my fault as they were pretty bulged but still.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced both upper and lower rad hoses. Top one blew apart and I wasn't going to take the risk. You would think paying 4 grand for a new engine they would inspect the hoses. I even told them if they think the hoses weren't up for the job to replace them. Granted somewhat my fault as they were pretty bulged but still.

That is typical these days. Brand new Dana 44 rear diff on my Titan. I asked them to replace the rear drive shaft U-Joints while it was off (At my cost). They said they were great. Guess what I replaced last weekend? LOL!

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is typical these days. Brand new Dana 44 rear diff on my Titan. I asked them to replace the rear drive shaft U-Joints while it was off (At my cost). They said they were great. Guess what I replaced last weekend? LOL!

I feel your pain. I'm sure we all do too well lol. A 20$ hose from Napa almost caused me to overheat and a 4000$ engine. I was on my way to work (not even two minutes away from work mind you when I noticed this) and I noticed some steam. Looked at the temp gauge and it was a notch before red. Stopped turned the jeep off popped the hood and bam there she was. Top rad hose split perfectly down the middle. Had a friend take me to napa got some coolant an upper hose and got half the day off. Drove the jeep to family's house drained the coolant cleaned the reservoir and changed the bottom one also (why not?) total of 100$

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual washed it, then ran it through the automatic wash. Wiped down the interior then used Meguiar's Dash and Trim restore on the Dash Board and center console area.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in my LED fog lights and also put a 23" LED light bar with the "4D" lenses onto my bull bar. It's crazy how bright the light bar is but pictures don't show it so no need to take any. Well worth the money and happy with the look/how easy it was to install. Also put LED dome/map, rear courtesy, and trunk lights all throughout the inside but I'm not too happy with those. Purchased the "error free" ones that someone recommended on this site and they stay dimly on. I've tried resistors, wiring an old light into the circuit, with no luck. Had to turn them so they shine to the top of the housing so it's less noticeable. Any help would be great ! Spent ~$35 on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in my LED fog lights and also put a 23" LED light bar with the "4D" lenses onto my bull bar. It's crazy how bright the light bar is but pictures don't show it so no need to take any. Well worth the money and happy with the look/how easy it was to install. Also put LED dome/map, rear courtesy, and trunk lights all throughout the inside but I'm not too happy with those. Purchased the "error free" ones that someone recommended on this site and they stay dimly on. I've tried resistors, wiring an old light into the circuit, with no luck. Had to turn them so they shine to the top of the housing so it's less noticeable. Any help would be great ! Spent ~$35 on them.

I'm still running into the issue where with the new style led bulbs I bought, one side turns orange the other stays amber. So I'm going to just put the old plasma style LED's back in which stay amber. Until I can figure out why the passenger side is doing that to the chip set LED's.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone sees that I am missing something that is needed to change the head gaskets please let me know. I will be starting this project this weekend, so if anyone wants any specific picture while I am doing this just let me know and I will do my best to post the picture you need. I am excited to finally take care of this so that I can get back to driving it! :gr_grin:

If it's not in there, I'd change the front crank seal in the timing cover. Easy to do while the TC is off.

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in the KJ on a new Toyota. Now I can drive down the road with the radio on. I was afraid to listen to the radio in the KJ, I was to busy listening for parts falling off.I will miss the old girl. I still have the WJ & the MK74 (Patriot)