What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove an hour into NH and finalized my motorcycle purchase. They will be delivering it next week.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the purge solenoid, the leak detection pump, and the gas cap last night. Hope not to see that pesky CE light again for a while. Next project on the PITA docket...TPMS sensors.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How in the world does a person collect 9 CVs ? :shrug:
and thats just here, I know I have 4 or 5 down home :emotions34:

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got almost half way done with replacing the head gaskets today. Ran into some snags along the way trying to figure some things out. It shouldn't be to bad tomorrow to finish up the job and get the kj back on the road and driving again. Also replaced the exhaust manifold gasket while the cylinder head was off. Still need to torque down the head bolts and get the valve cover back on the first side.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out my rear glass is releasing intermittently with the door handle but works fine with the fob

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I'm Testing to see how long the rusted Stock Muffler is still going to last...:happy175:
55623[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Even the drive shaft is a bit grim...:icon_lol:
55625[/ATTACH]"]

Why do I get the feeling this summer I may get to experience this?
55627[/ATTACH]"]

Geez even the muffler on the road looks better than mine! :gr_grin:

Attachments

• Parts%20May%20Fall%20Off.jpg
    Parts%20May%20Fall%20Off.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20Rusted%20Parts.jpg
    Jeep%20Rusted%20Parts.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • muffler%20on%20road.jpg
    muffler%20on%20road.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Just found out my rear glass is releasing intermittently with the door handle but works fine with the fob

There's a tiny switch on the handle held on by a small rusty clip. My switch was dead. The small rusty clip won't last forever. The plastic panel inside the door detaches by popping plastic push pins out and then pushing the plastic panel up to get it to release. It likes to break on top. You can probably replace the switch working through the little panel. Been awhile but I think the handle is held on by one 10mm nut. Switch has a connector behind the plastic and switch wires are attached to the diagonal metal brace with a cut-it.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a tiny switch on the handle held on by a small rusty clip. My switch was dead. The small rusty clip won't last forever. The plastic panel inside the door detaches by popping plastic push pins out and then pushing the plastic panel up to get it to release. It likes to break on top. You can probably replace the switch working through the little panel. Been awhile but I think the handle is held on by one 10mm nut. Switch has a connector behind the plastic and switch wires are attached to the diagonal metal brace with a cut-it.

Oh yeah I know ;) tried cleaning the switch. She's gone. Gonna go to the dealer this week and get one

vaksanov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the jy and got $80 worth of parts off a 2006. Window switch, mine was only working on auto so i had to catch it before it slams all the way down, tweeters, just in case lol, driver's mirror, and 4 coils. I went there to get a gas tank but apparently they drill holes in all of them, which is dumb but since libbys are only showing up like once a year i figured I'd grab random parts while there.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I know ;) tried cleaning the switch. She's gone. Gonna go to the dealer this week and get one

Dealer only stocks the entire handle and switch - they don't sell the switch separately - at least here in the U.S. In Canada they evidently sell the switch as you'll see in the thread linked below. The handle/switch assembly is priced at $90 to $100 :favorites68:

I found the switch from a supplier who only sells it in Europe - even having it shipped it was only around $30. It came with three wires but the OEM switch only has two - figured it out pretty quickly and got it replaced fairly easily.

Here's a link to my thread on the replacement: Rear glass switch

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argh..... wish there were liberty's in the JYs in arizona.
can someone PM me if you're going to the JY? I just need a small plastic piece that covers the screw on the inside door handle.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the engine all back together today and running. It has new head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, exhaust gaskets, head bolts, injector gaskets, and a new tensioner pulley. The old tensioner pulley died by way of cutting wheel to get it off. Glad to have the kj back up and running again!! :party52: :gr_grin:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today I switch my external voltage regulator from the ford severe duty to the extra heavy duty voltage regulator due to the severe duty voltage regulator have voltage spikes.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took out the center consol a couple of days ago to get it all nice and clean. Looks great now that all of the dirt and grim is gone from it. Also bought a cargo rack last night for the KJ.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Took out the center consol a couple of days ago to get it all nice and clean. Looks great now that all of the dirt and grim is gone from it. Also bought a cargo rack last night for the KJ.

If yours is like mine, you probably found enough loose change under the console to pay for the cargo rack, too. :happy175:

Latest posts

Members online