What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer, only problem there is, our parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. depending on how old ya are, fought way too damned hard to repeal prohibition for me to drink that accursed LIGHT beer!:thumbsdown:

Real Beer![emoji14]arty52:

Bob
I came home from work one day, and it was sitting on the porch with a note taped to it. "Sorry for drinking all of your beer, I'm an ******* when I'm drunk. P.S.- I borrowed a pair of boxes, I'll return them tomorrow while your at work.
- Jody

My buddy's name is Jody lol. He came over one Saturday to watch football and next the I know he done drank all my beer. He had at least 15 beer before he passed out. He was gonna sleeping on the couch and right as I was going to bed, he got up and pissed on one of those decorative trees that was in the corner. Can't take that fool nowhere.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with friends like that you don't need any enemies.

part of the reason I have very few friends. I can't stand ******** like that.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, I missed the snow stories:favorites68:
I slid the semi backwards down a hill on black ice one night. Stopped an inch from the guardrail, on the wrong side of the road, still straight!
Westbound out of Columbus OH, mirror brackets icing up, saw several cars already in the median at a bridge, slowed down and popped 4-ways on. Jacked up Toyota 4x4 on oversize tires found out he wasn't the greatest ice driver! Flew past me, hit the bridge, both sides:happy175:, and stopped in the median.
Heck I got a ton of 'em!

I was in Fairbanks in August, real nice town.

I live just north of Meadsville PA. (actually spelled Meadville:gr_grin:)

And I got a little new puppy. Rotweiller Spaniel mix.

You must be registered for see images

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy's name is Jody lol. He came over one Saturday to watch football and next the I know he done drank all my beer. He had at least 15 beer before he passed out. He was gonna sleeping on the couch and right as I was going to bed, he got up and pissed on one of those decorative trees that was in the corner. Can't take that fool nowhere.

He prolly figured no harm done. Bud Light is the same coming out as it was going in. :happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost drove it to work today. Started it up and snap crackle pop pop pop! Flashing CEL and P0302. Best case: dropped a rocker again (has happened twice before but not in a couple years). Worst case dropped a valve seat and it's FUBAR. I'll take the cover off on Saturday and find out.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up $90 worth of Grade 8 and 10.9 bolts for the KJ. A secret project im working on.

You must be registered for see images

And got a few whitbykj brackets welded up, got 6 total, but two are being installed this weekend at the shop.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
For Winter preparation with roof basket off, I finally got a coat of wax up on the roof again.
54030[/ATTACH]"]

Could not find my clay bar kit, so next spring that has to be done with another coat of wax.
Even with a good waxing, you can feel the grit in paint up top.

Edit: Also cleaned up the fan shroud/blades.
54032[/ATTACH]"]

Amazing how dirty it can get in there.

Attachments

• Jeep%20Roof%20Wax.jpg
    Jeep%20Roof%20Wax.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20Fan%20Blades.jpg
    Jeep%20Fan%20Blades.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Hinesypoo

Reaction score
New shoes!

Got the girl some new rubber put under her. I got some BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2's. I stayed with the stock size because I didn't want there to be any rubbing. They look great and ride so much better!

Last edited by a moderator:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost drove it to work today. Started it up and snap crackle pop pop pop! Flashing CEL and P0302. Best case: dropped a rocker again (has happened twice before but not in a couple years). Worst case dropped a valve seat and it's FUBAR. I'll take the cover off on Saturday and find out.

Good luck with what you find. Sometimes, flown rocker arms are caused by a dropping valve seat. The arms generally don't fly off just for the hell of it.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with what you find. Sometimes, flown rocker arms are caused by a dropping valve seat. The arms generally don't fly off just for the hell of it.

Agreed this shouldn't happen for no reason but it has done this twice about two years ago and those two times were within about 6-8 months of each other. I did overheat it about three years back and have done the HGs since then. Machine shop resurfaced, cleaned and inspected the heads but did not replace the seats (my bad). So the valve seat is what I'm afraid of this time. Always #2 exhaust. Sounds the same this time. Last time I bought a couple lash adjusters to put in if it happened again so here's my opportunity. Hopefully the rocker fell harmlessly out of the way. I'll report back Saturday PM.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove to work, parked, was at 67,000 miles on the dot. The day went downhill after that.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi LibertyTC
I notice and didn't know Meguiar's have Jeep Cristal System Carnauba Wax. Exclusive for jeep only. I just kidding. Cheer!
That red bottle is many years old, still I really like the carnauba wax. :party52:
Proper prep includes using a clay bar & detailer/cleaner then onto wax.
I do the work by hand, no buffers are used here. :gr_grin:
Meguiar's has new carnauba products.
The carnauba paste wax link: Meguiar's Canada
The liquid carnauba wax link: Meguiar's Canada

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled her up at the gas store for $1.89/gal, then filled her up at the beer store.