What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with cactus 99%of people that drive mercedes will cut you off sit at green lights looking on their phone use the shoulder to pass in traffic jams and genuinely think tey are superior to anyone else on the road **** bags.

As for my jeep still dealing with my trans problems not slipping not grinding just shifting like a slow shift in a manual trans. Problem is i have an automatic 45rfe.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Audi's. around here it's Audi's. it used to be BMW's but the ****** owners have "traded up!" to Audi's now. also I don't know about you but people seem to steer clear of my jeep now. 2.5" of lift seems to scare them around here. that and I have no fear of close buzzing and lane drifting over on the total ****tards out there.

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I put the ****** in his place who had a 370Z with my Pontiac G8. Came up to the intersection to make the turn, saw the guy was ''showing off'' his cars power against everybody like it was special. Speeding, weaving through the lanes cutting people off. Needless to say, he learned the lesson that I follow very strictly. You may be fast, but remember there is always somebody faster than you.

A fast car ain't much good without a good driver. I have a 90 mile round trip daily commute. The dumb shit I see is amazing. Yeah, I cruise at 78, but don't weave. Stay in the right lane unless passing and leave a decent following distance. I value my car, skin and bones LOL!

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost got killed by an absolute ******* in a black SUV with Illinois plates.

He's in the right lane, I'm in the left about to pass him. No one in front of him, but he decides he needs to be in the left lane. Almost hits me, so I hit the horn and brakes. When he swerves back into his lane, I pass him.

Then he punches it, gets in front of me, stomps on the brakes and almost makes me rear-end him. Then, when I again pass him, he gets behind me, then over into the exit lane, then almost sideswipes me giving me the finger, then down the exit ramp.

That dude is going to kill someone.

That's one of the big reasons I'll miss my Dodge/Cummins Ram. It was "tuned" up a bit and pretty damn fast for a 3/4 ton truck, plus I could leave them in a big cloud of smoke, if I wanted to! And I really didn't care if someone wanted to play stupid. It was older, pretty rusty, (before I fixed it up), and who do you think is going to get the worst end of a demo derby between a 3/4 ton truck and some so called sports car?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I bought my KJ from a used car dealership a few weeks ago. I ordered a new PCV Valve, got a new serpentine belt coming in the mail along with new platinum spark plugs.

Thinking of getting new engine coils, replacing the front and rear brakes with drilled and slotted performance brakes, replacing the air intake with a K&N one, new headlights and fog lights eventually, have to program a new transmitter for the key fob. That reminds me, I need new windshield wipers too. Oh, and I want to replace the IAC valve and clean out the throttle body.

As mentioned before NO to the platinum spark plugs
No to the drilled and slotted rotors will only get dirt etc in there and cause more wear
HUGE HECK no on the K&N intake , unless you like less air flow and more dirt
Save your money for things that actually work

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A fast car ain't much good without a good driver. I have a 90 mile round trip daily commute. The dumb shit I see is amazing. Yeah, I cruise at 78, but don't weave. Stay in the right lane unless passing and leave a decent following distance. I value my car, skin and bones LOL!

That's why I have had professional driver training, it has saved my hide and my wife's hide a few times that includes situations with the KJ.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of crazy drivers, WHY is it that 99% of people have NO IDEA how much clearance they have on the passenger side...I frequently pass thru two school zones with parallel parking on what would normally be a four lane road...I'm constantly amazed at the folks who are halfway over the (double) yellow center line because they are terrified of the parked cars...that leaves little room on my side as you can imagine...I want to stop some of them dead in their tracks and say "Get the hell of out of your car and LOOK at how much room you have on the passenger side!"...I believe they would be AMAZED...

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before NO to the platinum spark plugs
No to the drilled and slotted rotors will only get dirt etc in there and cause more wear
HUGE HECK no on the K&N intake , unless you like less air flow and more dirt
Save your money for things that actually work

X2. This comes from experience since I tried all of the above mentioned (except mine was an AEM intake) with nothing but a lighter wallet to show for it. :happy175:

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to change front shocks again, another rebound valve went bad, put in new bilstiens. Also lowered the front down a bit to 22.00". I was getting a little too much spring to arm contact on these terrible North Texas back roads. Rides great no more bang on the big pot holes. Now my intermediate shaft is starting to give me the big middle finger

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to change front shocks again, another rebound valve went bad, put in new bilstiens. Also lowered the front down a bit to 22.00". I was getting a little too much spring to arm contact on these terrible North Texas back roads. Rides great no more bang on the big pot holes. Now my intermediate shaft is starting to give me the big middle finger
I got a couple low mileage spares I'll let go for cheap(under 5k miles)

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Audi's. around here it's Audi's. it used to be BMW's but the ****** owners have "traded up!" to Audi's now. also I don't know about you but people seem to steer clear of my jeep now. 2.5" of lift seems to scare them around here. that and I have no fear of close buzzing and lane drifting over on the total ****tards out there.

I can 100% vouch for this.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So finally got a chance to install a new pair of IPF 968's on my ARB today. Easy mod - running them off the high beam to trigger the relay. May change that with a DPDT switch so I can run them any time. But I'll play with them this way for now.

I'm running the 55W bulbs at the moment. Real happy with the brightness - but IPF included a pair of 100W bulbs in the box. Should be a able to see deer or Bigfoot from 500 yards with 100 watt bulbs in there :gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Pulled glow plugs, thermostat, wiring and other stuff that can't be important. Started another fan shroud modification.