What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added lucas slip stop didnt work still shifting bad between 20mph and 30mph. *****.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a hayden severe duty fan clutch, the parts person at napa had never heard of someone installing a severe duty fan clutch on a jeep liberty before.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added lucas slip stop didnt work still shifting bad between 20mph and 30mph. *****.
If you have a laptop(or long ass cord lol) and a elm327 adapter you could use the 42rle Trans monitor app and at least see wtf it's doing. I haven't followed, but when was the last time you've changed the fluid/filter? I'd take the vb apart and clean it and see if that helps.

Changed my trans/filter and tcase fluid today. Added an external trans filter that uses a ph8a filter, but my main reason for the extra filter was for the trans temp sender bung. Thought about putting my braided brake hoses on but I ran out of time. HAD to drive a customers Maserati Granturismo to drop it off to him. Yea, that ***** was bad ass.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

tigerKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine into the dealership to get the safety recall n46 hitch installed. It was free and I figured I would make sure all the safety recall work was done. Turned out the prior owner had the ball joint recall done. Now just waiting on the occupant restraint recall parts to become available.

Does anyone know if it is a class 3 hitch? I see that it is a 2" receiver, just wondering if I can really tow with it, or just for gas tank protection.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding it's technically a Class IV hitch, a little more heavy duty than what the original MOPAR hitch was. I had planned on actually using the hitch, but with my current engine situation I'm not wanting to try it until I'm confident I have all my oil port blockages fixed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Took mine into the dealership to get the safety recall n46 hitch installed. It was free and I figured I would make sure all the safety recall work was done. Turned out the prior owner had the ball joint recall done. Now just waiting on the occupant restraint recall parts to become available.

Does anyone know if it is a class 3 hitch? I see that it is a 2" receiver, just wondering if I can really tow with it, or just for gas tank protection.

You can tow with it

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a laptop(or long ass cord lol) and a elm327 adapter you could use the 42rle Trans monitor app and at least see wtf it's doing. I haven't followed, but when was the last time you've changed the fluid/filter? I'd take the vb apart and clean it and see if that helps.

Do you have the 42 or the 45 on your libby?
I haven't been able to get that trans monitor to work on my 45.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the 42 or the 45 on your libby?
I haven't been able to get that trans monitor to work on my 45.
Sorry, I have the 42rle, every time I hear about trans problems I always assume it's the 42rle. The 45rfe is stout, and you rarely come across one with issue. In my experiences, most Trans problems are from gunk where it shouldn't be or an issue with the electronics.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my front driveshaft and now have 4X4 for the very first time since owning the Jeep. Great feeling since rifle season is coming up and winter is fast approaching. :happy107:

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Homebuilt rack is on for a test. Still got a few touchups, then get finish applied. But I'm well pleased with it so far. Check thread in "Fabrication" sub forum.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Aired up the tires on Low Down Green ( to the proper inflation rate):happy175:
Washed Kili today
Got all tools ready for a lift tomorrow, (another JBA adjustable coilover being installed)

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got my General Lee (Connex 3300hp) installed and mirror adjusted right where I want it.

Now to bring everything in that might blow away and hunker down for some wind and rain. Might go to the scout house and ride it out there for the hell of it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a screw in the right front tire. Manager at the shop next to us spiked it for me.

It was a really long screw, so even though it was in the highest part of the tread and not all the way in, it was into the middle. Dammit.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did ya have it taken off, plug through puncture then patch over innerliner?

Bob

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I call a spike. Instead of just a plug shoved through from the outside.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned out my shop, and found one of these.

Cane off my cobra when I installed the Whipple. That got me thinking, what if I made some adapters to mount in place of the stock manifold. Like this
You must be registered for see images

My uncle has access to a full machine shop, so it wouldn't be too bad. Seen the 5.0/302 guys run them remote mounted. AirRam makes a 4.7 adapters for Rams to fit where the stock manifold as well. Seriously thinking about making it happen with about 6psi

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Cleaned out my shop, and found one of these.

Cane off my cobra when I installed the Whipple. That got me thinking, what if I made some adapters to mount in place of the stock manifold. Like this
You must be registered for see images

My uncle has access to a full machine shop, so it wouldn't be too bad. Seen the 5.0/302 guys run them remote mounted. AirRam makes a 4.7 adapters for Rams to fit where the stock manifold as well. Seriously thinking about making it happen with about 6psi

On what are you dreaming of mounting it ?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Got all tools ready for a lift tomorrow, (another JBA adjustable coilover being installed)

Seriously thinking about getting a set of those sooner rather than later. The ARB and winch are pushing the front end down - still at 22 1/4" in front but...

You know, it's a Jeep thing :happy175:

Bob

Latest posts

Members online