What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously thinking about getting a set of those sooner rather than later. The ARB and winch are pushing the front end down - still at 22 1/4" in front but...

You know, it's a Jeep thing :happy175:

Bob

Run on down in the AM:happy175:
You can watch and see how they go!
UCAs, adjustable coilovers, lower ball joints, rear driveshaft CV replacement...:emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously thinking about getting a set of those sooner rather than later. The ARB and winch are pushing the front end down - still at 22 1/4" in front but...

You know, it's a Jeep thing :happy175:

Bob

Ride is way better I think

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On what are you dreaming of mounting it ?
My kj lol. If I spent 3k rebuilding the motor with forged internals and getting it to work, that's still cheap compared to how much s/c kits cost. The only real concern is the tune and the trans

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a laptop(or long ass cord lol) and a elm327 adapter you could use the 42rle Trans monitor app and at least see wtf it's doing. I haven't followed, but when was the last time you've changed the fluid/filter? I'd take the vb apart and clean it and see if that helps.

Changed my trans/filter and tcase fluid today. Added an external trans filter that uses a ph8a filter, but my main reason for the extra filter was for the trans temp sender bung. Thought about putting my braided brake hoses on but I ran out of time. HAD to drive a customers Maserati Granturismo to drop it off to him. Yea, that ***** was bad ass.

I got the 45rfe i dont know about any trans monitoring i can get done with my elm. I am sorry for the late response. I dropped my pan and changed the filter a few months ago. I dont know what i am going to do trans shops just want to rebuild.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My kj lol. If I spent 3k rebuilding the motor with forged internals and getting it to work, that's still cheap compared to how much s/c kits cost. The only real concern is the tune and the trans

KYLIBERTY went through all of that years ago, finally gave up on it

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone detailed all the engineering changes you'd need to make to the 3.7L to support any kind of boost. It was... substantial. For the cost you'd be better off buying a decent condition RAM and just using it to tow/haul when the loads get that large.

About the only boosted Liberty idea i've ever seen that has a chance in hell of working is the 2.4L being morphed into it's SRT-4 cousin.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone detailed all the engineering changes you'd need to make to the 3.7L to support any kind of boost. It was... substantial. For the cost you'd be better off buying a decent condition RAM and just using it to tow/haul when the loads get that large.

About the only boosted Liberty idea i've ever seen that has a chance in hell of working is the 2.4L being morphed into it's SRT-4 cousin.

Intrigued, you have me now umm hmm!
You must be registered for see images attach

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loaded it up with guns & ammo and drove ut to the outdoor shooting range.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did he give up? My uncle owns a performance shop(mostly mustangs and other Ford), so I have him to recruit to help. The biggest issue I think will be the tune, but I could away use megasquirt. Internally 6-8psi is considered safe with a good tune and fuel support. I'd get everything running and the bugs worked out then do a full rebuild since my rig has 220k miles on it, it ain't holding boost very long.

EvilSnipa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Struts,Upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends. First time ever changing them. I'm tired!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why did he give up? My uncle owns a performance shop(mostly mustangs and other Ford), so I have him to recruit to help. The biggest issue I think will be the tune, but I could away use megasquirt. Internally 6-8psi is considered safe with a good tune and fuel support. I'd get everything running and the bugs worked out then do a full rebuild since my rig has 220k miles on it, it ain't holding boost very long.

He gave up basically after blowing at least one engine
PM him, he's on here every now and again
new / different pistons , cams, etc adds up to a lot

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up a screw in the right front tire. Manager at the shop next to us spiked it for me.

It was a really long screw, so even though it was in the highest part of the tread and not all the way in, it was into the middle. Dammit.

Better than a pair of pliers, I suppose. :icon_lol:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better than a pair of pliers, I suppose. :icon_lol:

Very true.

The pliers went into a Yokohama Geolandar H-T/S with about 1,000 miles on it. This tire is a Yokohama Geolandar A-T/S with about 8,000 miles on it....hmmmm. I seem to get crap only in Yokohama tires. Must switch :shrug:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the cheap broken plastic bracket on my window regulator with a supposedly better cheap plastic bracket. (At present, it actually IS better, since the new one is not broken - yet.)

Also, programmed a new key so I now have three. The new one cost about $22. Now I will not be dragging off to the dealer for some painful personal probing should I lose one. On the downside, I'm six years overdue for my prostate exam so it is possible I missed an opportunity here.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just carry stuff out to the back yard! :gr_grin:

Bob

Pellet and BB guns only in the backyard. My husband shoots target pellet guns for fun and trigger time back there. Sitting on our back step, it's 44 yds to the target.

I plink away with my Red Ryder and 1911 BB gun from closer up.

But the outdoor range we like, it's anything goes. And no claustrophobic lanes with poor lighting and ventilation.

Latest posts

Members online