What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have sold mine, and I wasn't even trying! :shrug:
I have a '96 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel that I'm trying to sell. I bought the Liberty to replace it since I don't need a 3/4 ton truck just to drive to work. I originally bought it to pull my racecar, but retired from racing. I played with the truck for a couple years, but diesel parts are expensive, so I decided to downsize. I put it up for sale, and at the end of the ad I put, "it's either this truck or my Jeep Liberty". I'm getting inquiries on the Jeep! Oh well, it's been a fun vehicle to drive, and a great group of people around here to hang with, but I have to sell one or the other.

curious... how much are you getting for offers on the jeep. 4cyl 6spd 4x4 is pretty damn rare.

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I replaced the dash speakers. I also pulled the front door speakers and replaced the foam surround. No more 'buzzing'

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few things

Prepped and painted both lower front doors with POR-15 to stop the rust monster. Rear doors are on the list for tomorrow. Also replaced original rear bump stops with replacements from crown auto. The stock ones shredded the first time on the trail with my new lift, probably dry-rotted to begin with.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prepped and painted both lower front doors with POR-15 to stop the rust monster. Rear doors are on the list for tomorrow. Also replaced original rear bump stops with replacements from crown auto. The stock ones shredded the first time on the trail with my new lift, probably dry-rotted to begin with.

I guess you are too ecologically minded to burn up a bunch of electrons taking pictures for us to look at? :icon_lol:

Bob

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done installing my silverstar reverse lights, then washed the exterior.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my backup light switch without removing any skid plates. All good to go. Last one died after 2 years but I kinda beat on it last weekend so who knows.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it all over the state. I normally put 4 miles on it per day...today was 106.4

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you are too ecologically minded to burn up a bunch of electrons taking pictures for us to look at? :icon_lol:

Bob

Sure, I'll photograph the rust repair (well, really just rust inhibitor I guess) when I finish rear doors. I'm not a body repair expert so don't judge! lol. Here is a pic of the shredded bump stops that were replaced.
smittyfrompa-albums-smittyfrompa-s-2005-renegade-picture5752-blown-stop.jpg

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I'll photograph the rust repair (well, really just rust inhibitor I guess) when I finish rear doors. I'm not a body repair expert so don't judge! lol. Here is a pic of the shredded bump stops that were replaced.
smittyfrompa-albums-smittyfrompa-s-2005-renegade-picture5752-blown-stop.jpg

Mine look just like that!

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went swimming with it yesterday.
we had 4 inches per hour rain fall for a couple hours here. massive flooding. i was going through road lakes that were door sill height or higher for most cars.

think I'll need to pull the fill plug on the rear diff and check to see if water got in.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay, more crap I need to fix now! My AC clutch started to groan this morning, compressor is fine when the AC is on and clutch is locked in. With the belt off, the clutch has too much free-wheel resistance, it's had it. So for now, till I fix it, I put on a shorter belt and bypassed the AC.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sat in the lawn chair beside mine today, kicked my feet up watching my son mow the grass and tried to figure out if its going away or rebuild time
Keep going back and looking at those Cadillac CTS-V's:happy175::happy175: