What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put gas in it, and got angrier with each gallon since for some reason Crapanol has gone down but regular unleaded has GONE UP!

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a friend out exploring some washed out roads. Had to put it in 4Lo for a good stretch. Finally got to some relatively flat dirt and tried shifting into 4full and 2wd and it wouldn't come out of 4lo, even though the shifter moved (kinda sloppily). Then the tire pressure light comes on, but all the tires look fine. Got home 5 miles later and the front-left tire is a little low. My buddy visited for another 10 minutes and left, came right back in to tell me the tire is nearly flat.

It was a great ride though. :(

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a friend out exploring some washed out roads. Had to put it in 4Lo for a good stretch. Finally got to some relatively flat dirt and tried shifting into 4full and 2wd and it wouldn't come out of 4lo, even though the shifter moved (kinda sloppily). Then the tire pressure light comes on, but all the tires look fine. Got home 5 miles later and the front-left tire is a little low. My buddy visited for another 10 minutes and left, came right back in to tell me the tire is nearly flat.

It was a great ride though. :(

Nice! Fun to put the Libby in 4LO and take it through it's paces :waytogo:

The Full Time transfer case is sensitive to having all four tires the same size and inflation - when inflation or tire sizes are a little off it will display the symptoms you experienced. Usually isn't an issue with the t-case being damaged or anything but driving in Full Time or 4LO for extended periods could damage it.

I'm sure once that one tire is brought up to pressure all will be good.

Bob

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with a low tire, you can back up a few feet while holding gentle pressure on shift lever and they'll pop right out.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Fun to put the Libby in 4LO and take it through it's paces :waytogo:

The Full Time transfer case is sensitive to having all four tires the same size and inflation - when inflation or tire sizes are a little off it will display the symptoms you experienced. Usually isn't an issue with the t-case being damaged or anything but driving in Full Time or 4LO for extended periods could damage it.

I'm sure once that one tire is brought up to pressure all will be good.

Bob

Part time 4WD, you don't have to worry since you're only powering 2 Wheels 99% of the time. Full time AWD, you worry since in many cases depending on the Manufacturer this is little to no tolerance governed. As I had to explain to a lady, who started crying tears and saying that I was a Liar because her ****** friend didn't understand the Subaru 4WD sticker that she could buy two tires and I told her no she has AWD aka FT 4WD which the Japanese don't use the term AWD they just say 4WD. Also he had one of those really frickin' old Wagons where you could put them in 2WD with a shift lever. So after taking her out to her Impreza, showing her how to translate her 4WD Sticker because it says Full Time underneath the big 4WD and that in a clean polite term her friend is a dumb-a$$ she bought four tires and was happy with my making sure she didn't do more damage to her Impreza by mistake. Subaru like Audi are the only real two that use real FT 50/50 Power AWD so if you mess up one little bit you will do some serious damage to them. I've seen the damages done by people who don't understand AWD, I told a customer once to go to a transmission shop if she wanted to keep driving her Grand Cherokee, and showed her that she blew all her seals out on her Transmission and Transfer Case, (it looked bad) because she had only put two tires on her Grand Cherokee from a different shop a few months prior and the fronts were well worn. That's one reason why I won't buy a used AWD vehicle.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to Harbor Freight to get a couple of tarps I need for a camping trip, which hopefully will be soon. Saw a guy in the parking lot with a lifted silver Liberty and walked over to chat. I asked him what he had and the first word out of his mouth was "Daystar". Without being prompted he then pointed out the wheel spacers he had on there. We didn't get around to discussing his bull bar, which appeared to be about as sturdy as a twelve-pack worth of empty beer cans soldered together in an inverted U-shape.

I asked him how it rode and he said it was great. I thanked him for his time and told him he had a nice looking Jeep. (I meant that sincerely - it did look good.)

Very friendly guy. (If he's a member here I apologize if I sound snarky.) I'm glad he likes what he has and he was obviously proud of it. I'm guessing that if he went with the stuff you guys have recommended he would be even happier and prouder, though.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have sold mine, and I wasn't even trying! :shrug:
I have a '96 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel that I'm trying to sell. I bought the Liberty to replace it since I don't need a 3/4 ton truck just to drive to work. I originally bought it to pull my racecar, but retired from racing. I played with the truck for a couple years, but diesel parts are expensive, so I decided to downsize. I put it up for sale, and at the end of the ad I put, "it's either this truck or my Jeep Liberty". I'm getting inquiries on the Jeep! Oh well, it's been a fun vehicle to drive, and a great group of people around here to hang with, but I have to sell one or the other.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might have sold mine, and I wasn't even trying! :shrug:
I have a '96 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel that I'm trying to sell. I bought the Liberty to replace it since I don't need a 3/4 ton truck just to drive to work. I originally bought it to pull my racecar, but retired from racing. I played with the truck for a couple years, but diesel parts are expensive, so I decided to downsize. I put it up for sale, and at the end of the ad I put, "it's either this truck or my Jeep Liberty". I'm getting inquiries on the Jeep! Oh well, it's been a fun vehicle to drive, and a great group of people around here to hang with, but I have to sell one or the other.

I vote for the Dodge Ram to go.....the KJ is a keeper.

Dave

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed a exhaust on skid plate rattle today. Muffler looks like it took a hit so things might be misaligned. I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim's 05 Draws First Blood

OW! Ow! G*)D@}^... m07?rF[]k4! oww! OWW! ~OWWW~

I tried to help my friend, who just removed the flat tire on the front of my Jeep, by lifting the flat up to mount it on the spare tire carrier on the back of the KJ. I'm weak because of lung disease and didn't have the best grip. As I was trying to align the bolts, the wheel slipped from my left hand, catching my right hand behind the top rim and came smashing down on the metal carrier. I pulled my hand out and looked at it as blood filled the tip of my ring finger, under the nail, then started oozing out of the tip of my finger.

The pain was immediate and I'm sure I screamed loudly as my friend came rushing over. It has been an hour since and my finger, even under the influence of 800mg of Ibuprofen, is throbbing in pain as I type (luckily I'm a 2-finger typist).

My KJ may have drawn first blood, but my enthusiasm as a new jeeper has not waned.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I tried to help my friend, who just removed the flat tire on the front of my Jeep, by lifting the flat up to mount it on the spare tire carrier on the back of the KJ. I'm weak because of lung disease and didn't have the best grip. As I was trying to align the bolts, the wheel slipped from my left hand, catching my right hand behind the top rim and came smashing down on the metal carrier. I pulled my hand out and looked at it as blood filled the tip of my ring finger, under the nail, then started oozing out of the tip of my finger.

The pain was immediate and I'm sure I screamed loudly as my friend came rushing over. It has been an hour since and my finger, even under the influence of 800mg of Ibuprofen, is throbbing in pain as I type (luckily I'm a 2-finger typist).

My KJ may have drawn first blood, but my enthusiasm as a new jeeper has not waned.

:favorites68::favorites68::shocked::shocked: :shakehead: :shakehead:

OUCH!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

OUCH......hope your finger will heal fast.

Dave

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda ***** that digits are so d@mned sensitive when it's always the first thing we ding.

bob

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put ice on it. Quickly.

Quickly? It happened 6 hours ago. :icon_lol: I did hold it under cold water for a long time and have rinsed the blood off with more cold water a few times since. I also do a final rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide each time.

Right now, I have my finger in one of those metal braces to keep from bumping it. The brace is held on with a flexible tape and there's no gauze on the wound as long as I'm not doing anything to get my hands dirty.

But let's keep all this on the down-low. I don't want my Jeep to think it got the best of me. We shan't speak of it again. :gr_grin:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep ice on it for a day as much as you can stand. It'll keep the swelling down.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring and lights are done on the bike rack finally!
(I'm still working on getting the brake light to stay straight.)
You must be registered for see images

Also, gratuitous shot of the plow bracket. Need to compare it to the pix of the front 4xGuard plate. See if there's any conflict.

You must be registered for see images attach

I gotta say, based on those two pictures, I think it's a no-go. not without some substantial modifications.

Last edited: