What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tommudd: you ever get those measurements for the rack that I asked about?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sat in the lawn chair beside mine today, kicked my feet up watching my son mow the grass and tried to figure out if its going away or rebuild time
Keep going back and looking at those Cadillac CTS-V's:happy175::happy175:

Alright grandpa. :happy175:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sat in the lawn chair beside mine today, kicked my feet up watching my son mow the grass and tried to figure out if its going away or rebuild time

And Toyotas and ......

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a "low-rider" next to your jeep.........just get a "walker" or fix the Jeep.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright grandpa. :happy175:

Grandpa, so me or the car choice ? :shrug:
Hope not the car....
With 640 horsepower, the CTS-V's 6.2 liter LT4 supercharged V8 gives it plenty
of power, capable of 0-60 mph runs in 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 200 mph.
So not really most Grandparents type of car
I just think it would be a fun car to drive for a few months:happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
tommudd: you ever get those measurements for the rack that I asked about?

Sorry I think you asked about the time all He** broke loose with my Stepfather, so only been on here with my phone about 1/10 of the time I had. Let me get those afterwhile

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I think you asked about the time all He** broke loose with my Stepfather, so only been on here with my phone about 1/10 of the time I had. Let me get those afterwhile

sorry you got sh*t going down. hope it all clears up.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked longingly out the living room window at my Jeep as it sat in the parking area with smoke from forest fires hovering around the neighborhood. I'm on oxygen, a local environmental hazard alert has been issued and I can't leave my apartment. The fires are many miles away, but the smoke has settled into this valley.

I blew all my money getting the KJ this month and can't afford to go to Reno to stay in a motel/hotel for a few days (not that I really want to anyway). I'm hoping it will clear up tomorrow or the next day.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a customer with a 08 Wrangler that's suffering from the classic Jeep "Death Shake". Caused by worn bushings on radius rod. Bushings aren't available aftermarket, and MOPAR only lists complete bar, no replacement bushings, at $230 or so. "Energy Suspension" builds replacement polyurethane bushing kits, but no one local could get them. So I called JBA who had them in stock. Ordered them.

Now to the part that concerns MY Jeep; After ordering bushing kit I had the brilliant brain surge,,,, why not add my needed extended front bump stops to the order so the customer pays freight for both!!!!?? Freight didn't go up when I called back, and now my needed parts are on their way as well!

Bob

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grandpa, so me or the car choice ? :shrug:
Hope not the car....
With 640 horsepower, the CTS-V's 6.2 liter LT4 supercharged V8 gives it plenty
of power, capable of 0-60 mph runs in 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 200 mph.
So not really most Grandparents type of car
I just think it would be a fun car to drive for a few months:happy175:

Still just a Caddy :emotions34:

I'm playin with ya take a joke! :ROFLJest:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My ol black Chev Silverado SS surprises a few of em.:icon_twisted:

Bob

I like different and love sleepers
back in 73-74 I had a 55 Chev 2 door, widewalls, stock hubcaps etc Looked stock except for the extra gauges, 60 Caddy interior 4 speed, and if you didn't look underneath you never saw the pontiac rear end, widened wheels with 60 series tires ( cut the white letters off and made white walls out of them )
So could pull in to wherever the ( ah well sort of legal) racing was and no one expected the 302 Z motor with 30-30 Duntov solid lifter camcam, 780 dual line holley etc under the hood:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Well until I unhooked the exhaust / open headers sounded so good with that engine :Bye::Bye:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those accell supercoils I spot? What do you think of them?
I got them cheap from a local guy who had then sitting in the closet. Two of the factory coils went out so I decided to jus5 throw those in there and hope for the best. So far so good

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditched the Alpine for a Pioneer avh-x4700bs. I like it so much better than the Alpine
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

I've got the Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS unit (last year's model) and I love it - have several apps installed to work with my iPhone including Dash Command and MotionX mapping. Just installed Dash Command last week and it's essentially the same as having an OBDII reader except it shows up on the screen of the Pioneer rather than on a smaller screen on a second piece of equipment. Pick up an ELM unit from Amazon for $15 to $20 and you're money.

I did the same as you and put the Jeep logo on the home screen - friends think I have an OEM/Mopar head unit :gr_grin:

Good choice :waytogo:

Bob

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.