What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does one tell unstained steel from stain-less steel? :shrug: :gr_grin:

Bob

I work at a hardware store with all different finished steels from brushed steel to aluminum to brass to oil rubbed bronze when steel has that amber color its usually stainless and true stainless steel is only slightly magnetic a good magnet wont slap onto it but you will feel a little pull

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J I was pulling yer chain.:gr_grin: Giving you a hard time about the ability to tell the difference from a photograph.

Bob

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New underhood battery, got a matching one for either under the rear seat with a quick disconnect(in case I need to fold seat down) , or between the box and seat back. Maybe I'll set it up with 2 disconnects so I can move it if need be.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Should have the box finished and covered by the weekend, and as soon as they get here I'll be swapping the 926/947's for some 927/948's and new bilstein 5100 rear

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J I was pulling yer chain.:gr_grin: Giving you a hard time about the ability to tell the difference from a photograph.

Bob

I figured thats why as a good joke i figured why not take it a step further and answer seriously :happy175: explain the reasoning. i hope you would know theres no definitive way to tell without touching it. Shit you probably had cars older than me at some point. No offense by that but im only 25. You have knowledge far beyond me. I respect that your able to joke with a young guy like myself. Keep up the good humor. One good laugh is worth ten bad days in my book.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit you probably had cars older than me at some point.

My first car was a month older than me 1985 Bronco II 2.8L carb'd v6 auto, made in August of 84 and I was born in September of 84. I kept that rig longer than anything I've ever had and if I could do it over again I'd rather slam my d**k in a sliding glass door than sell it. The damn thing fell off the jackstands onto me one day and almost killed me. I took all the safety precautions and it was just a freak accident and asphalt sinking just enough.

I just finished the efi 5.0(347) swap while converting from auto to manual, SAS swap with an EB d44, and an Explorer 8.8 swap out back. I literary got everything back together, checked for leaks, did a quick l tune via laptop and drove to the store and back to get gas . The next morning I checked fluids, grabbed my laptop, and we drove 375 miles. I had the tune dialed in before we made it to Atlanta, and the only issue we had was the top 2 bellhousing bolts backed out a little and it started vibrating. It was a tight fit, but after letting the rig cool off, my wife put her tiny hands to work and tightened them up. I'd never do that again in a rig without any seat time. Every rock and bump is an "oh shit wtf was that moment" and very stressful.

Believe it or not those are 315's which measured out bigger than some 35's. Shouldn't have sold her. My first love was an older woman...
You must be registered for see images attach

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first car was a month older than me 1985 Bronco II 2.8L carb'd v6 auto, made in August of 84 and I was born in September of 84. I kept that rig longer than anything I've ever had and if I could do it over again I'd rather slam my d**k in a sliding glass door than sell it. The damn thing fell off the jackstands onto me one day and almost killed me. I took all the safety precautions and it was just a freak accident and asphalt sinking just enough.

I just finished the efi 5.0(347) swap while converting from auto to manual, SAS swap with an EB d44, and an Explorer 8.8 swap out back. I literary got everything back together, checked for leaks, did a quick l tune via laptop and drove to the store and back to get gas . The next morning I checked fluids, grabbed my laptop, and we drove 375 miles. I had the tune dialed in before we made it to Atlanta, and the only issue we had was the top 2 bellhousing bolts backed out a little and it started vibrating. It was a tight fit, but after letting the rig cool off, my wife put her tiny hands to work and tightened them up. I'd never do that again in a rig without any seat time. Every rock and bump is an "oh shit wtf was that moment" and very stressful.

Believe it or not those are 315's which measured out bigger than some 35's. Shouldn't have sold her. My first love was an older woman...

Awesome Bk2! I've got an 89 full size 351w, still all stock though

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Beauty really nice its sad to let them go me and my fiancee had an 02 impala real hunk none of the windows worked consumed oil like it was going out of style and don't even think about getting stuck in traffic she would overheat but once you got her out on a wide open highway she would go one night i ran her a half hour straight going between 80 and 100mph she loved it no problems until i got a ticket but it was worth it

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apparently, you type like you drive. :D

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apparently, you type like you drive. :D

Apparently this is english class and maybe i do type like i drive as fast as i can and fk whats behind me i am doing this on a phone if i was using one of those old timy computer things with those click keyborads i put out over 80 words per minute with punctuation because there is a special button for that unlike this i just got letters unless i pull up a punctuation keyboard which is a waste of time because this is a forum for jeeps not english lessons

Heres all the periods i missed ........:happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean you don't have to use period's, comma's etc if you use your phone?
I thought good punctuation was always needed
:shrug::shrug:

dewo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Jeep Cherokee 2.8 crd lift and mags

Did a 50mm H/D coil lift all round, new struts front (Monroe) , new struts rear (Unity) and last, new 10J mags.:whip:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean you don't have to use period's, comma's etc if you use your phone?
I thought good punctuation was always needed
:shrug::shrug:

Well, if tom says so. I will make a concerted effort to use more puntuation. Sorry, to all whom were offended.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made me so mad I went out and bought fried chicken for lunch!:happy175:

Bob

No joke Bob. Tom is a moderator. If he wants me to use punctuation. All I can do is try. I respect the forum and the community. I do not want to step on toes here. A lot of good people trying to help out. I myself being someone who needs the help.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called to have it towed to the shop, she got me home but the water pump blew somewhere on the way home. Nothing like popping the hood and seeing Coolant fly every where, shut the engine off and just watch it pour out of the water pump at the bottom.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online