What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screened-in porch project 99.99% completed despite 111-degree heat index:

You must be registered for see images

Another job made possible by Jeep Liberty! (and a roof rack) :gr_grin:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you get your PCM from?

My mechanic ordered it from dealer. Itself costed 634 dollars (rip off compared to online). I kept having random cutoff problems so i just said f### it and just get this over with. Didn't even bother checking other shop.

I will be so mad if it doesn't solve anything.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the arb rear dif cover and lube licker gaskets for the rear diff and the new trans pan

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Washed her to the very best of my ability waited till the sun started going down hit 90 degrees today for one of the first times this year and the other shots were this morning she was still a dirty jeep now she is clean can sleep good tonight

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow 90*... you're lucky. It's like friggen 103* and 86% humidity. I thought about going outside and started sweating my ass off.

On a side note, finished the underseat amp mount, got the seats in, and started cleaning the carpet with Tuff Stuff. It got way to hot so I'll resume later on

Also designed(yesterday) and made the cuts for my new sub box.

I'll take some more pics later. It's too hot, and the beer in my fridge won't stop yelling my name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow 90*... you're lucky. It's like friggen 103* and 86% humidity. I thought about going outside and started sweating my ass off.

On a side note, finished the underseat amp mount, got the seats in, and started cleaning the carpet with Tuff Stuff. It got way to hot so I'll resume later on

Also designed(yesterday) and made the cuts for my new sub box.

I'll take some more pics later. It's too hot, and the beer in my fridge won't stop yelling my name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Nice box classy going to be a clean install

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed oil. 100F+ heat index made that fun even at 5:30PM. Trying Valvoline Full Synth High Mileage this time. Went 5K OCI and the Mobil 1 High Mileage did great. Pretty dark and about a 1/2 qt low as expected from my last check a few days back. Got 5qt of the Valv for like 20 bucks. Probably get nailed by the Mopar police but used a Motorcraft filter. Got 4 for about 2 bucks apiece and I usually use them or Wix in my Ranger. Even treated her to a new PCV valve and new oil plug as the wrenching end on the old plug was one or two changes from being completely stripped.

Anyone have any stories about the Motorcraft filters? They feel a bit heavier out of the box then my usual Wix.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Money? Our rigs are deemed unsafe, we need new rigs.

I ordered some more tech flex, and when it comes I plan on running the wires thru the seat like this horrible jacked up drawing I did. I started running out of time, and there was no point in having to do it twice when my tech flex comes.

The little bit of wires visible now will go thru the seat and come out where the little velcro flap is, then run under the front carpet section, instead of running like the rca's and blue 1/0 awg that you can see in the picture. Going to build a battery box to go under the rear drivers seat to hold an extra battery, crossovers, and distribution block.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Test fitting the cuts before start putting it together. This one is going to be double baffled flush mount, 45's in the corners, rounded port corners as usual. 4.5cuft@32hz and will be home for 3 diamond audio d3 10's sharing about 2000-2200w rms.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The enforcement action comes after a July 2 public hearing at which NHTSA officials outlined problems with Fiat Chrysler’s execution of 23 vehicle safety recalls covering more than 11 million defective vehicles. Fiat Chrysler has since admitted to violating the Safety Act in three areas: effective and timely recall remedies, notification to vehicle owners and dealers and notifications to NHTSA.

“Fiat Chrysler’s pattern of poor performance put millions of its customers, and the driving public, at risk,” NHTSA Administrator Mark Rosekind said. “This action will provide relief to owners of defective vehicles, will help improve recall performance throughout the auto industry, and gives Fiat Chrysler the opportunity to embrace a proactive safety culture.”

Sounds like we may get some $$$ to purchase fuel tank skids! :gr_grin:

I just want that airbag module recall done. Seems like I've been waiting forever. Maybe that will finally put the damn light out. :favorites68:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it dirty at the balloon festival.
hauled bikes around again.
got more work done on the wiring for the lights for the bike rack. now i'm just waiting on the junction box and replacement end caps for the missing ones.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want that airbag module recall done. Seems like I've been waiting forever. Maybe that will finally put the damn light out. :favorites68:
It's funny because I had mine come on and I had to pay to get it fixed before my MA state inspection.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Spent a little time making this today used steel a little thicker than 5/16 the shackle i am using is a 4 and 3/4 ton its pretty huge turned out great still needs some grinding sanding and paint

TonyQ

Reaction score
Today I installed a new sony single din stereo in my 2007 kj, had a blast learning to solder! now looking at floor mats and seat covers.... any suggestions?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I installed a new sony single din stereo in my 2007 kj, had a blast learning to solder! now looking at floor mats and seat covers.... any suggestions?

I am looking at caltrend and coverking for seat covers if you search the forum alot of good reviews

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
"Owners of more than half a million vehicles with defective suspension parts that could cause the vehicle to lose control will have the opportunity to sell their vehicle back to Fiat Chrysler"
This appears to be applied to RAM pick ups:
Fiat Chrysler to buy back 500,000 pickups in recall deal - Worldnews.com
As far as the Jeep Liberty KJ we have the fire problem, but I wonder if the rear control arms as well as the ball joint recall may play into a good value trade in.
If repair incentives are needed, I do not see how just simply adding a trailer hitch without a fuel tank skid would be really safe, but skid is not required by the NHTSA as far as I know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.