What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new 4xGuard skid in the mail today. I'll be taking off all skids this weekend, repainting the underside of the jeep, flares and bumpers, and all the skids. Paint party!! My buddy with the lifted XK ya'll might have seen on my youtube and instagram will be coming over to paint his shit too. Should be fun

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Took a trip up to Northwest Ohio ( old stomping grounds ) to help out Wildman , got caught in a snowstorm on the way back
You must be registered for see images attach

Got back down to Central Ohio area and roads were dry , people were looking at me with the " where the Heck has he been "
Driveway was dry when I it home, snowing now though
You must be registered for see images attach

PalauRoc

Reaction score
Kinda funny how we all use the the space directly beside the driver's seat for something.

That's where I keep my umbrella as it rains a lot here in Seattle

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new 4xGuard skid in the mail today. I'll be taking off all skids this weekend, repainting the underside of the jeep, flares and bumpers, and all the skids. Paint party!! My buddy with the lifted XK ya'll might have seen on my youtube and instagram will be coming over to paint his shit too. Should be fun

Thing is a beast huh!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thing is a beast huh!

X2...

Looks like Marlin changed the design to make it bigger to cover even more of the underbody. That beast is even bigger than the beast I bought from him 18 months ago :jawdrop:

Bob

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Took a trip up to Northwest Ohio ( old stomping grounds ) to help out Wildman , got caught in a snowstorm on the way back
Got back down to Central Ohio area and roads were dry , people were looking at me with the " where the Heck has he been "
Driveway was dry when I it home, snowing now though
I hereby Present Tom With the Ohio Highway Jeep KJ "Icy Treament Award"
:winner_first_h4h:
You have to admit those are really "cool" photos !
Now time to Chill out with a few cool ones! :cheers:
Oh & Edit ..What were you doing to Wildman's rig?

Last edited:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are correct, it is a different design. This ***** is about 65 pounds haha. I can't wait to put it on. I've got a mopar transfer case skid to put on to, until I get something beefier

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I hereby Present Tom With the Ohio Highway Jeep KJ "Icy Treament Award"
:winner_first_h4h:
You have to admit those are really "cool" photos !
Now time to Chill out with a few cool ones! :cheers:
Oh & Edit ..What were you doing to Wildman's rig?

Nothing to his rig,
just doing an inspection for him

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are correct, it is a different design. This ***** is about 65 pounds haha. I can't wait to put it on. I've got a mopar transfer case skid to put on to, until I get something beefier

A little trick I found useful. Balance it on your floor jack with a piece of wood. Then use the floor jack to slide it under then lift into place. Infinitely easier especially by yourself!

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea, Czar. Usually I just lay under the jeep and hold it up with one arm and use the other to put all the bolts in. The tricky one was the gas skid and trailer hitch. That one I held the skid up with one arm, and the hitch up with my feet haha.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the stripped transfer case drain plug out. I ended up heating it up and used a easy out on the end of a breaker bar, and then to top it off I had to use a 8 ton bottle jack on the end of the breaker bar.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Got rear ended on Friday heading home from work, Slowing down in traffic to around 10kph when a car slammed into the back of me at around 60kph, Blew in the front end of his car as my trailer hitch and trailer hitch hook took most the impact and destroyed his radiator, Messed up the paint on my rear bumper, Dented in my gas tank skid plate and looks like bent the spare tire carrier but worst of all is something is wrong with my transmission, The one that was professionally rebuilt a year ago, Keeps grinding and clunking when changing upshifting and downshifting, Thank god for full coverage insurance, Now waiting for an adjuster to get a hold of me so I can get a rental vehicle and get my Jeep looked at :( A classic case of not keeping your eyes on the road...
What is happening Matthew? Did you hear from the insurance company, are they fixing it? Do you have any photos of your Jeep after the rear ender?

zuperzaindi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in a new Upper radiator hose and started working on getting the valve spring in cylinder #2 replaced. Threaded rope down to keep the valve up b/c the air compressor wasn't keeping up. Got the old broken spring removed, and was doing pretty good getting the new one in, aaaand dropped the spring retainer keeper!!! Now we gotta go get a longer magnet and see if we can retrieve it, or at least make sure it didn't fall somewhere detrimental. Got new ones coming from Rock Auto, so I have to wait a little longer until Baymax is up and running.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is happening Matthew? Did you hear from the insurance company, are they fixing it? Do you have any photos of your Jeep after the rear ender?

Hey buddy, Sorry for no update I have started a new position at work lol, Jeep went to the body shop, Needs a new bumper, Gas tank skid plate, Trailer hitch and not sure what else, The Body shop then sent my Jeep to a mechanical shop to assess the transmission and other mechanical damage as its grinds and clunks shifting down to 3rd and up to 5th, The mechanical shop was not able to replicate the issue so I called them and gave them very specific instructions and they were able to replicate it so this morning I had to send them over my invoices from the ****** shop that did all my work last Feb so they can figure out if the damage is worth fixing, Also looks like the ball joint/rear control arm was broken from the impact which was also replaced last Feb, Been a headache but at least the insurance company and body shop have been great and we have all been waiting on the mechanical shop to diagnose everything, Had to replace by sons bay seat and doing physio as my back, neck and wrist are crazy sore, I was able to get a 2014 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD V8 as a rental so at least I am not stuck with a small car lol, My Jeep gets 16mpg and the Titan 18-19 mpg so nothing to complain about, As far as Insurance stands if there is ****** damage they are sure it will be a write off so I am not sure what route to go, I have kind of narrowed it down to a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD Lariat and 2010 Chevy Silverado SLT Z71 Crew Cab 4WD if I am to buy something else, Love my Renegade to death but since my Sierra HD was stolen I have been suffering without a truck, Last fall I used my Liberty to haul cement from my backyard to the dump, Weighed in at 1300lbs in cement, The girl at the dump was shocked I hauled that in my Jeep without issue or major sag.

Shiftredline

Reaction score
Oil/Filter change. PCV so far due to limited time and weather. Plan for this weekend is to do front diff/transfer case fluid change and spark plugs. Went with Champion Coppers. My rear Diff was replaced under warranty 1500 miles ago so at least I do not have to do that this time around.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had another window regulator failure. This makes number 6. First front window though. I am sick of these damn things so I'm not fixing it. I rarely use the passenger front window anyhow.

So I took a piece of PVC and put a notch in it to hold the window, baloney cut on the other end with another small notch and crammed it in the door frame at an angle nice and tight. Window aint going nowhere now. Stupid windows.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey buddy, Sorry for no update I have started a new position at work lol, Jeep went to the body shop, Needs a new bumper, Gas tank skid plate, Trailer hitch and not sure what else, The Body shop then sent my Jeep to a mechanical shop to assess the transmission and other mechanical damage as its grinds and clunks shifting down to 3rd and up to 5th, The mechanical shop was not able to replicate the issue so I called them and gave them very specific instructions and they were able to replicate it so this morning I had to send them over my invoices from the ****** shop that did all my work last Feb so they can figure out if the damage is worth fixing, Also looks like the ball joint/rear control arm was broken from the impact which was also replaced last Feb, Been a headache but at least the insurance company and body shop have been great and we have all been waiting on the mechanical shop to diagnose everything, Had to replace by sons bay seat and doing physio as my back, neck and wrist are crazy sore, I was able to get a 2014 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD V8 as a rental so at least I am not stuck with a small car lol, My Jeep gets 16mpg and the Titan 18-19 mpg so nothing to complain about, As far as Insurance stands if there is ****** damage they are sure it will be a write off so I am not sure what route to go, I have kind of narrowed it down to a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD Lariat and 2010 Chevy Silverado SLT Z71 Crew Cab 4WD if I am to buy something else, Love my Renegade to death but since my Sierra HD was stolen I have been suffering without a truck, Last fall I used my Liberty to haul cement from my backyard to the dump, Weighed in at 1300lbs in cement, The girl at the dump was shocked I hauled that in my Jeep without issue or major sag.
Well thanks for the update...Sounds like the transmission is the deciding factor. I wonder if they could evaluate your jeep at a higher value & still fix the transmission? I guess it depends if you really want to keep it or not as well. Unfortunately the KJ's seem to have a fairly low value lately, and that is not helping, they are getting old. Gosh it is scarey to think mine is now 11 years old. I think my trade in value on mine would be an insult after all the work I've done to it.
Well keep us posted...let us know what happening...and look after your back, wrist etc..
I know I would be on the fence to between the Ram or Silverado, tough decision.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reserved some rotors and pads at napa for tomorrow. Went with ultra premium rotors and adaptive one pads. My front should have some better stopping power after this.