What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I already waxed it - inside and out, including the cylinder heads! :icon_lol:

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly glad to see that the bearing is not pressed on the axle, makes it a much easier job. I'll be doing that and the pinion seal in a couple weeks.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job Bob on the rear diff seals etc. I forgot we just left the e-brakes alone wise decision though:icon_lol:
I've never used my e-brake so I'm sure they look like new only rusted to heck .
The Prof is just going to town on his ! Next thing he'll be pulling the engine on a Friday night just to wax it

Thanks Tom - I hate having components that look like that but when I don't respect the e-brakes it makes it hard to care about them. Even their looks :gr_grin:

Yea, Prof is getting the hang of this maintenance thing, huh? Prof, get some of that JaxWax for the engine bay and make that baby SHINE!!! :party52:

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom - I hate having components that look like that but when I don't respect the e-brakes it makes it hard to care about them. Even their looks :gr_grin:

Yea, Prof is getting the hang of this maintenance thing, huh? Prof, get some of that JaxWax for the engine bay and make that baby SHINE!!! :party52:

Bob

Do you clean your engine bay like their video with the pressure washer?
Scary thought

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Prof, get some of that JaxWax for the engine bay and make that baby SHINE!!! :party52:

Bob
I tried, but they wanted a fortune for shipping unless I ordered $100 worth. They did have a local place that stocks their stuff but I haven't made it over there yet. I think I'll wait until I have everything done under the hood I plan to do. No sense in messing it right up again. :)

Scary thought
Not unless I was sure I had everything masked off that needed it. I remember when I changed the plugs last summer and how deep those wells are. I could see that getting really interesting... :blah:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scary thought

Scary, but I wash it that way a couple times a year. Never with the high pressure but strong enough to wash the crud off. But with a couple of washes a year there's not much crud to wash away.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried, but they wanted a fortune for shipping unless I ordered $100 worth. They did have a local place that stocks their stuff but I haven't made it over there yet. I think I'll wait until I have everything done under the hood I plan to do. No sense in messing it right up again. :)

Not unless I was sure I had everything masked off that needed it. I remember when I changed the plugs last summer and how deep those wells are. I could see that getting really interesting... :blah:

If you want some their main office / warehouse is just down the road from me.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I've used power washers on all of mine for the last 25-30 years and no problems. Bet the KJs had it done at least 30 times or more since 04
I have not power washed mine since last fall & it is way over due.
The crud that builds up from the steering rack back all the way to the firewall is :thumbsdown:
Last time I went to town I did around the battery as mud was in there, and I guess I got to much water in the horns, instead of now going honk they went
Quack Quack.or something real weak..LOL... they did dry out in a few months.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I pried up the trim over the door jamb and both sides and reattached it so it covers the outside of my Weathertech floor liners. It actually makes them look like they are part of the Jeep and gets rid of the seam between the Weathertech's and the side of the floor.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I pried up the trim over the door jamb and both sides and reattached it so it covers the outside of my Weathertech floor liners. It actually makes them look like they are part of the Jeep and gets rid of the seam between the Weathertech's and the side of the floor.

Great idea!

I have a knack for kicking snow and junk into that gap - your idea will fix that problem :waytogo:

Bob

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove to work today...accidentally rolled the rear window down about 3 inches and now it won't go back up. I'm hoping it is just due to how cold it is, (motor is stopping as if the window is closed), I know how I will be spending my lunch break.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Still Cold? ahh..it spring in full bloom on the West Coast..
Good luck, hope you did not break the window regulator= not fun.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Where is the photo of this new covering..Me confused...Can you still easily remove them..??

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it home from a concert in Madison late last night. Started with rain, to freezing rain, to snow, to heavy snow.
About 10 miles from home (~2:20am) an oncoming car slid across the road and hit the guardrail, then slid back across and hit the guardrail on the other side.
I turned around at the closest driveway and went back to see if they were alright. Apparently they just kept driving, I followed the swerving tire tracks for a few miles but saw nothing to indicate they had even stopped.
Called the cops and reported the incident and described the car.
I'm thinking it was either a drunk driver or someone with a revoked license that didn't want to get caught.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I have a knack for kicking snow and junk into that gap...
I found a nickel on the driver's side of mine. :D

Where is the photo of this new covering..Me confused...Can you still easily remove them..??
Just pry the trim back up with your fingers.

The inside of the Jeep was perfectly clean until late last week when it snowed A WHOLE INCH, resulting in the city dropping sand everywhere.

You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My Weather Techs get pulled out almost every day. Amazing how much crud is in there.
Kinda funny how we all use the the space directly beside the driver's seat for something.
I see you have a glass breaker and something black there.
That is where I have a small extinguisher, and a double wall steel pipe/tire iron extender.
51979[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• JeepExtinguisher.jpg
    JeepExtinguisher.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online