What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally broke down and tried to make an appointment to get the N46 Recall done. In the last week two more postcards, so 11 total now .
Getting tired of throwing them away, so will take it in, tell them see I do not want one of your hitches and maybe they will just give me a new JK Rubi:happy175:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed an Evic
You must be registered for see images

And it works with the Scanguage

You must be registered for see images

And the Homelink works!:big_banana_Dance:

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ that's my next addition. Just bought the mini add-a-fuse yesterday, actually ;)

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out the front side marker lights on the front bumpers. Didn't realize they had burned out till the other night.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it be easy to replace the leather around the seat? My grey driver side has seen better days.
An upholstery guy here ordered new leather from Jeep and redid the bolster (new leather and foam), $90 all said and done. So it's do able for sure.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The hitch they give you sits way too low. You'd be dragging it on steep hills

I won't be having one installed I just need them to look at it and tell me there is no way to do it :shrug::happy175:
If they seriously want to install one, I'll just leave and let them keep sending out more letters

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hitch they give you sits way too low. You'd be dragging it on steep hills

Where did you hear that?

The only thing you see is the receiver and this a recall installed hitch.
You must be registered for see images attach

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it on an off road trial that was more of a bobsled run then a trail. Total ice all the way! Then vacuumed, washed and wiped down all the interior.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Where did you hear that?

The only thing you see is the receiver and this a recall installed hitch.

My stock hitch used to sit like that until one day my rear bumper shrunk or something , :shrug::shrug::icon_lol:then it hung down too far

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either I'm expecting far too much out of them, or these tires SUCK in snow.
or maybe I need ballast in the back when the plow is on (salt spreader? :D)
couldn't maneuver for shit without engaging 4WD.

either way... plowed out my driveway for the first time ever finally!
learned things. "broke" things. will fix things. mad about things (tires.) might need to buy some things (tires? DTT rear/front diffs?)

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe I need ballast in the back when the plow is on (salt spreader? :D)
couldn't maneuver for shit without engaging 4WD.

I'd bet that is it. Gotta get the spreader to balance out that plow cantilever. I remember the old RWD only days, studded snows and throw a couple cast iron house radiators in the trunk every winter. If that didn't work, bust out the chains.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I took a further look, and blinked a couple of times. What looks like a cross bar behind the receiver is the gas tank/plate. The hitch bar is above the receiver, attached to a bracket behind it. It's trick photography! Still, doesn't look as hefty as the original recipe.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
cool. $90 isn't too bad.

The first few shops I went to were auto specific and didn't want the job and just wanted to replace the whole seat/redo the whole seat. This was just a general upholstery guy, runs the business from his house. I took the seat out and delivered it.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, I took a further look, and blinked a couple of times. What looks like a cross bar behind the receiver is the gas tank/plate. The hitch bar is above the receiver, attached to a bracket behind it. It's trick photography! Still, doesn't look as hefty as the original recipe.

Yep, I just took a closer look at mine and I think I was fooled by my gas tank skid. I think the above replacement looks pretty similar if not same as my factory original.

Just checking for damage from yesterday. We had this slushy mess and I got passed by a salt truck going the other way on a two lane road. Guess he was set up to throw salt on both lanes at once. Sounded more like he was throwing 3/4" crushed stone. Man what a racket but no obvious damage. :shrug: