What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much were the cans?
Was thinking of mounting one or two on the can carrier :shrug:

Have you seen the carriers that SWAG makes to mount them? Pretty cool stuff

No havnt seen that. These are metal with rubber seals ( Chinese copy's) $15 at Tractor Supply.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cedar Point beats stuffing the front end of your Jeep in a muddy ditch. :ROFLJest:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided not to try this for myself:

[YT]cQEcnR7WFes[/YT]

Yeaaah... think I'll pass on that one myself, as well. :happy175:

Lets see. Today... took some old oil to the local shop to dispose of it, got home to find out it somehow spilled everywhere even though it was empty. Thankfully I'd cut a garbage bag in half and put it on that, so no real mess to clean up.

I then jacked it up to see if I could find out what was making the odd noises up front. It was weird, no pulling, no shaking, steering was dead-steady at 70mph on the highway. But go over a big bump, or pull into my drive way? The front end would make a crunching noise.

After seeing the condition of my ball joints, I put it back on the ground and went a got a beer. :thumbsdown:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow your gas prices are still over 2 bucks?
They have been fluctuating here between 1.81 and 2.04, last evening filled up at $1.87 , well actually $1.47 since I had 40 cents off per gallon from grocery store.

come to NY where it is still around 2.50 a gallon for 87 octane.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
come to NY where it is still around 2.50 a gallon for 87 octane.

Doesn't help that New York outlawed fracking. Here in Northeast and Eastern Ohio we're booming with the oil companies paying big royalties, building headquarters, renting out entire hotels for their crews and generally helping the economy. I think the gas prices are lowered overall thanks to the new oil we're getting out of the ground here in the good ole U.S. of A :patriot:

Bob

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I paid entirely too much to have all 4 front ball joints replaced. :favorites68:

Ah, the joys of owning a 10 year old vehicle. :shrug:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I paid entirely too much to have all 4 front ball joints replaced. :favorites68:

Ah, the joys of owning a 10 year old vehicle. :shrug:

So you had the upper A-arms replaced - or do you have the JBA upper arms? If you got charged for upper ball joints and they didn't replade the stock arms then you got hosed :favorites68:

Now if they replaced the JBA upper ball joints then you're good to go :waytogo:

Bob

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you had the upper A-arms replaced - or do you have the JBA upper arms? If you got charged for upper ball joints and they didn't replade the stock arms then you got hosed :favorites68:

Now if they replaced the JBA upper ball joints then you're good to go :waytogo:

Bob

Right now I'm stock, and they replaced the stock arms. I do want to put a JBA lift on it at some point, though. Right now it was more of a, "Holy crap, these things are going to kill me!" problem. I wish I'd noticed it when I purchased it, but it honestly drove just fine and was rock-solid straight with no vibrations.

Little concerned as they put lower ball joints on that have a grease zerk, and it's really close to the CV axle. Almost looks like it's touching, but it doesn't appear to be actually making any marks (Edit: Passenger side is touching). I'm going to drop by in the morning to have them take a look at it again. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it a bunch running errands. Dropped the wife off to pick up her 2008 Sienna with 170k on it after the 8.95 oil change. Sounds like a bargain but of course her front brakes were toast so we had them do rotors and pads. Holy crap that was a budget shock. :buttkick:

At least she informed me my dside brake light was out before I got a ticket. So just put my last spare 3157 in. Next time LEDs.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow your gas prices are still over 2 bucks?
They have been fluctuating here between 1.81 and 2.04, last evening filled up at $1.87 , well actually $1.47 since I had 40 cents off per gallon from grocery store.

Some Midwest states have differences in fuel prices. Iowa is a huge pusher of Ethanol Blends so regular 87 which is what I use, is the mid priced fuel opposed to 89 which is the cheaper and that is under two bucks. Hence why I am still paying over 2 bucks a gallon because I have now been nearly Ethanol free for a year and I prefer it so I'm willing to pay extra for it. Not all states do the Ethanol Blend so probably once I leave Iowa, 87 will be cheaper to use.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it a bunch running errands. Dropped the wife off to pick up her 2008 Sienna with 170k on it after the 8.95 oil change. Sounds like a bargain but of course her front brakes were toast so we had them do rotors and pads. Holy crap that was a budget shock. :buttkick:

At least she informed me my dside brake light was out before I got a ticket. So just put my last spare 3157 in. Next time LEDs.

I prefer LED's just wish that we could use an Electronic Flasher so I could change the Turn Signals to LED and not have to mess with resistors. Had to do that with my Focus for the brake/turn combination, didn't care for that addition to avoid hyperblink.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't move to Maryland. You can't get anything but ethanol blend in this blasted state.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer LED's just wish that we could use an Electronic Flasher so I could change the Turn Signals to LED and not have to mess with resistors. Had to do that with my Focus for the brake/turn combination, didn't care for that addition to avoid hyperblink.

I'm close to just going full LED, well as much as possible, on all my vehicles. As for the flashers, what about these?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...ehicle/----flashers+load+resistors/---528376/

I'm a novice but won't these work?

Don't move to Maryland. You can't get anything but ethanol blend in this blasted state.

Not sure if this is still current but there are a few stations in MD.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

I found a couple in Salisbury and Ocean City last summer and I think there are many more. At one point a few years ago I think most if not all of Washington Co may have been EtOH free. Can't find any confirmation of this now. Haven't found any that I'm sure are EtOH free around Frederick although I used to go to a no-name brand station that was. They've changed hands recently and now have blends.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I detest OC and never go there. And I'd have to drive an hour and a half to two hours to get ethanol-free gas.

Makes no sense.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I detest OC and never go there. And I'd have to drive an hour and a half to two hours to get ethanol-free gas.

Makes no sense.

That's funny, another Marylander who despises OC. :gr_grin:

I was down there over the summer for a weeklong softball tournament in Salisbury and we stayed in Ocean Pines and traveled to the beach one day. Not my cup of tea. I really prefer DE.

I see your point. I still think there are some unadvertised EtOH free stations around. Seems like they'd advertise it more but who knows.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, another Marylander who despises OC. :gr_grin:

I was down there over the summer for a weeklong softball tournament in Salisbury and we stayed in Ocean Pines and traveled to the beach one day. Not my cup of tea. I really prefer DE.

I see your point. I still think there are some unadvertised EtOH free stations around. Seems like they'd advertise it more but who knows.

I'm a New Englander ;)

Softball tourn in Salisbury? I do believe I know where you were - I've umpired many a tournament there.

There was one in Easton a while back. But nowhere there is emissions testing, so nowhere in AA Co or any of the surrounding counties.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a New Englander ;)

Softball tourn in Salisbury? I do believe I know where you were - I've umpired many a tournament there.

There was one in Easton a while back. But nowhere there is emissions testing, so nowhere in AA Co or any of the surrounding counties.

I'm from NE PA. Only here about 12 years.

I'm thinking you probably know of Harry S Parker.

The bummer about MD is they are one of maybe 10 or 12 states that aren't required to post whether there is EtOH in the gas or not.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup.

Every pump I use in this state has a 10% ethanol sticker on it.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Made yet another trip to the Jeep dealer (a new one here in VA this time) trying to get my phantom TPMS thing fixed. They did not exactly do anything to get my hopes up but I do have an appointment for Wednesday.

Went to a local auto place and had the oil changed, took the plunge and went with Valvoline Full Synthetic. Also had the tires rotated and balanced. Had a coupon so the ****-reaming hurt a little less than usual. The good news is that the manager there said he would check out the TPMS problem free of charge tomorrow, walk-in and no leaving the Jeep for who knows how long. I think he's counting on selling me five sensors and an expensive install, though I told him that I can't afford it right now.

Did you know that the Firefox spellcheck has never heard of the term "****-reaming"? And as I just found out, it has never heard of the word "spellcheck" either. What a world... :emotions34:

Last edited:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm close to just going full LED, well as much as possible, on all my vehicles. As for the flashers, what about these?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...ehicle/----flashers+load+resistors/---528376/

I'm a novice but won't these work?

Not sure if this is still current but there are a few stations in MD.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

I found a couple in Salisbury and Ocean City last summer and I think there are many more. At one point a few years ago I think most if not all of Washington Co may have been EtOH free. Can't find any confirmation of this now. Haven't found any that I'm sure are EtOH free around Frederick although I used to go to a no-name brand station that was. They've changed hands recently and now have blends.

Our flasher is built into the Hazard switch.