What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If either side is to be off, shoot for the drivers side to be a little higher to compensate for when your bucket is in the drivers seat. Driving closer to level down the street makes more sense than when it's sitting in the driveway.

Would love for the driver's side to be higher. But "driver-side-low" is the typical KJ stance. Unless I install a 3/8" top plate on the driver's side that's the way she's gonna sit.

Just went out and remeasured since the figures above were before I got the alignment - it's actually sitting at 22.75 driver side and 23.00 on the passenger side. Rear is 22.5 both sides. Right where I want it! :driver:

Bob

jbp-ohio

Reaction score
Just bought a black 05 Sport last week for youngest son. Spent the weekend changing all fluids, trans filter, and plugs......

You must be registered for see images attach

Saturday will be working on the stuck parking brake....

jbp-ohio

Reaction score
Mighty sharp looking, especially for that many years on it! :cheers:

I think so. They must have went thru the car wash a lot since it is black. Looks like it has had all the services done. None of the fluids were dirty and even the transfer case fluid was still red.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a black 05 Sport last week for youngest son. Spent the weekend changing all fluids, trans filter, and plugs......

be ready to pull the axles, i had to do so in order to reattach the backing plate that the parking brake shoes center themselves on (the aluminum rivets that hold them in were disintegrated.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Its the right color at least
:pepper:
Now have to join the LOSTJEEPS Ohio Black KJ club :headbang:
I think if we ever got everyone from Ohio on here and LOST together, the black KJs would rule !!:bowroflwerd6:

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the jeep back from the garage after a motor swap amongst other things. Couldn't be more excited. Soon I'm doing new u joints and today I'm doing brakes. But couldn't be more excited to be able to drive it again.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the right color at least
:pepper:
Now have to join the LOSTJEEPS Ohio Black KJ club :headbang:
I think if we ever got everyone from Ohio on here and LOST together, the black KJs would rule !!:bowroflwerd6:

You got that right, Tom! Black KJ's rule :cheers:

Hey jdp-ohio, what part of NE Ohio?

Bob

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted the extra Gunvault safe I had taking up space in the big safe. Not necessarily for firearms, but anything I wanted locked up extra-tight.

Fabbed 2 vertical pieces of 1.5" flat-bar, using the 2 bolts on either side of the window latch and screwed in at the bottom of the door with sheet metal screws. Then I welded a 16 gauge steel plate to the flat-bar, drilled the holes, and mounted it up. You would have to jump on it or hit it with a sledge hammer to get it off.

Then I wired it over to the 12v socket, so now, no more batteries.

Last edited:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New belt new tensioner new tri-link, then took it out beat a creak up and broke the right rear taillight and took out the back up camera. 3 steps forward 2 steps back. The list never goes away just keeps changing. Why do I so much enjoy this I really do. It's a Jeep thing how bad do you got it and It's not what did you do to your Jeep today but what did you do with you Jeep today.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally splurged and picked up some "ride-better-and-a-bit-taller" parts...:gr_grin:

Now I just need time to install em!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in Hartville - you ever need info on the KJ or help with maintenance let me know. I'm 30 minutes away :waytogo:

Bob

Everyone is close in Ohio :icon_razz:
Or like me passing through from here to there to .....
Any new owner is close to one of us, some take advantage , others thinks we're nuts :gay:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
built a rear cargo shelf for it to keep things safe and out of sight, (no more having to tuck everything in with a cargo blanket). next will be a platform/shelf to sit on the floor so that a 46" case can sit in the back of the jeep

hardluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to buy another tail light bulb , i should own stock in these , cuz the darn thing blows on the drivers side like once a month , I'm really getting tired of this !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk