What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Searcher67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO could I get away with CRD springs only, or would I have to change other items such as struts.. I'm trying to go low cost as it sits where I like it, she's not doing any serious off road.. Mainly just trails.. But I really would like a winch.. Just in case...
I have already spent just a bit over 6G on this rig in the month of June.. So, my summer budget is blown.. I am planning on an Unlimited next spring! So, pennys are startin to count.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent 6 hours washing, clay bar, applying 2 coats of wax and painting undercarriage bits. My upper body is a bit sore today.:happy160:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
SO could I get away with CRD springs only, or would I have to change other items such as struts.. I'm trying to go low cost as it sits where I like it, she's not doing any serious off road.. Mainly just trails.. But I really would like a winch.. Just in case...
I have already spent just a bit over 6G on this rig in the month of June.. So, my summer budget is blown.. I am planning on an Unlimited next spring! So, pennys are startin to count.
How old are your front shocks now? If they have very many miles on them I'd swap them out PLUS the fact that a spacer lift puts the shocks through a lot more wear than when combined with lift springs

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
~10% of the money you have already spent, for something more important than anything you spent the 6K on. :shrug:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finished installing the new audio set up last night during a thunderstorm...sounds amazing now, ill be tuning it today and neatening up the birds nest of wire by the amp and crossovers, (rushed at the end so its quite a mess).

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it in the pouring rain to rescue a friend with an '04 Sebring convertible. Camshaft Position Sensor error that shut off the car in the middle of an intersection.

She just got the car back from having the left front fender and battery replaced after a moron pulling a 4-car 5th wheel trailer ran over her in the parking lot. I'm guessing there's a chafed wire somewhere because it ran as smooth as silk after I cleared the code.

I'll investigate that further when it's not flash-flood pouring...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spent better part of today taking pictures and working a little on the BDS Liberty
It was moving under its own power when I left this evening
You must be registered for see images attach

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Spent better part of today taking pictures and working a little on the BDS Liberty
It was moving under its own power when I left this evening

The BDS KJ looks bad ass. Who's got that ugly black thing anyway? lol3.gif

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you inspired me, bob, but i couldn't go nearly as far as you did.

Washed the tree crap off, cleaned the windows. Have to figure out how to get the pine sap (from my friend's untreated garage roof) off the paint without damaging the clearcoat...

wd-40

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I discovered in the pouring rain that the cheapo Chinese crap tires that came on my Liberty have got to go. They spun from stop on a wet road - no puddle or little river or anything - with hardly any throttle.

I ordered a set of Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S. I don't trust my family's lives with the crap tires...

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my speed sensor in my diff. Been without a speedometer for 3 days now. Luckily for me, my drive to work is only 2 miles and 15 mph the whole way.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil/filter and put gas in the pig.....

Dave

Drakko05KJ

Reaction score
Replaced Brakes pads and rotors with EBC sport rotors and green stuff pads. Also painted the calipers red.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serviced both differentials and transfer-case this morning...all synthetic plus additives...yippie.

Then came home and put new stoppers on all four corners...Complete Powerstop rotor/ceramic pad set. Same setup that I've been running on my Mustang GT for the past two years carving up the mountain roads and local track. I considered painting up the calipers and polishing everything nice and shiny like on my Mustang, but this is a Jeep....it's not meant to look purdy all the time! :smoke2:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: