What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
54 :happy175:

I have 4 ...

Today she got new copper core plugs, fresh oil and filter, and fresh ATF+4 in the power steering.

Tomorrow front and rear diff, transfer case and throttle body/ TPS / MAF MAP (can never remember which one we have) cleaning!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My jeep has zero zerks........I am greaseless...LOL

Dave

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now why did you go with slotted and cross drilled?
Couple reasons...$$$, availability and proven experience with them...
You know they don't do anything beneficial since they are providing less heat transfer from pad to rotor with less rotor mass and surface area and increasing stopping distance right?
My Mustang has proven otherwise for the past two years. It's driven hard...and handles severe braking conditions on a regular basis. I also used the same setups on a couple of my last TBirds ('88 Sport) that I used to race and show. I can tell you there is a HUGE difference in braking performance from the stock rotors and metallic pads that were on those cars, and that's without even going to a big brake upgrade.
If you want the slotted and drilled look go for rotors that are cast that way not drilled into a solid rotor as this severely decreases the strength of it and can fail catastrophically. Ferrari gets their rotors cast that way to retain the strength of the rotor.
I have yet to experience a catastrophic rotor failure of any kind, and I usually heat/scorch them up on the track pretty frequently...I'm not worried at all about them on the Libby. It won't be spending too much time at the track. :)

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i seriously doubt that anyone on here posseses the driving skills to push a set of brakes to a point of catastrophic failure before wrecking the car they're driving...i love seeing arguments about this kind of stuff, no different than a bmw owner saying low dusting pads will decrease their cars performance, i would bet that if most anyone on here went to an actual track event, they would quickly realize they are merely a moving road block. as TJKJ said, they used to use drilled rotors for rotational mass reduction, it affects acceleration from a dead stop, the impact it has on braking distance is negligable. this is not meant to offend anyone, just pointing out that worrying about something like brakes when it comes to performance on a DD is somewhat silly and even on a track car most people wont be able to tell a difference in braking because they don't have the skills or confidence to push a vehicle to it's limits. this weekend i ordered a pioneer deh-80prs for my jeep (list price 350, got it for 250 on amazon)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie demands pictures of '88 Sport. His last Tbird was an '88 LX.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who is the guy that has ran his KJ on the Nürburgring ring he is one of the CRD guys

thats pretty cool but i get the feeling that the kj would roll before the brakes would give out, unless it was only being punished in straight lines.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did a Black Diamond trail run in Big Bear,CA with the Lost Jeeps So Cal.
Here is the toughest spot. still stock lift not installed yet but on the floor at home

You must be registered for see images attach

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who is the guy that has ran his KJ on the Nürburgring ring he is one of the CRD guys

I thought it was a guy over on LOST and I thought it was just the Autobahn? I remember him posting a pic of his speedo doing 120. My rear driveshaft starts vibrating at 85. And is really loud at 105 (my limiter) so I REALLY wouldn't want to do 120 in this thing.

...just took a second to find the post: LOST JEEPS • View topic - TOP SPEED

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a guy over on LOST and I thought it was just the Autobahn? I remember him posting a pic of his speedo doing 120. My rear driveshaft starts vibrating at 85. And is really loud at 105 (my limiter) so I REALLY wouldn't want to do 120 in this thing.

...just took a second to find the post: LOST JEEPS • View topic - TOP SPEED

I think my tires are only rated for 118... yet doing that in this beast would scare the hell outa me. I think slow and off road is where it belongs.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to the stealer this morning to have the rear lower control arm recall done, a ****** quick learn (just to make double sure) and to have a second key cut & programmed.

The quick learn and key are done, but not the recall. They couldn't get on Chrysler Connect to authorize the recall work all day (he sounded pretty frustrated). Hopefully, tomorrow...

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear brakes and debadging
You must be registered for see images

And a random pic I took

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie demands pictures of '88 Sport. His last Tbird was an '88 LX.
This was one of the last shots before I sold this remaining TBird back in 2002...wish i could have kept her!

Rebuilt from a wrecked 88 Sport, repainted Sunrise Red Metallic, with red interior. Total pimp-mobile! lol!
331 Stroker with Vortech S-trim
T-5 linked to stock Turbo Coupe 8.8 (for the disc brakes! :))
Shorty headers through 2.5" stainless exhaust
Turbo Coupe Hood and 16" "snowflake" wheels for that sleeper look.
Motorsport 140MPH speedometer ...yes...it would. :icon_cool:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear brakes and debadging

And a random pic I took

Put a shirt on!

I did the same debadging myself. Only took the Jeep emblem off. But I did it because my tire cover says Jeep already. :p

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was one of the last shots before I sold this remaining TBird back in 2002...wish i could have kept her!

Rebuilt from a wrecked 88 Sport, repainted Sunrise Red Metallic, with red interior. Total pimp-mobile! lol!

very nice my folks had one growing up

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

Sexy. Similar build to ThunderbirdJunkie's car (no blower, but several grand spent with Maximum Motorsports), but way prettier. No pictures :-/

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites