What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lejeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my front and rear tow hooks!
You must be registered for see images attach

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed plugs in the 07. (ngk zfr6f-11g)

All the old ones were between .050-.060 :Whoa:

Gyro

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unhooked the 1 remaining electrical connector (passenger side), ****** vent and dipstick tube, removed the top 2 bolts and the 2 on each side and slid the ****** back off the dowels and dropped it down. The ****** jack worked perfectly, as did a 20" plus 10" socket extension, and universal joint with electrical tape on the joint to make it less wobbly.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-torqued sway bar links (I obviously didn't torque them with the Jeep's weight on them last time I was messing around :pp: )

Annoying "clunk" now gone.

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put gas in the pig. EVIC was reading 9mpg......in 4h-1st gear......I had to reset it when I got on pavement....:smokin:

Dave

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, your hint about the 36" ratchet extension helped me a ton in advance, TwoBobsKJ. I bought the 20" extension to go with my 10" and that made all the difference in removing the top 2 bolts.

So thanks :)

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Spent the day chasing electrical demons. :mad3:

For the last couple of weeks, any time I would turn on the headlights the right side tail lights wouldn't work (blowing fuse 9), and the left side tail light cluster had the amber turn signal light constantly illuminated.

Anytime I replaced a fuse, and it popped again, we could always smell the burn by the rear of the vehicle.
I took dielectric grease to all the rear housing sockets and bulbs - no change.
Pulled the panels off the inside cargo area to examine the wiring - nothing.
Disconnected trailer wiring - nothing.
Pulled the right side of the bumper cover off to examine wiring there - everything good.
Re-reviewed the manual to see what else was covered by fuse #9... front marker lights.
Pulled bulb sockets out of the front marker lights - corroded and melted! :banana-mario: Finally an answer!

For fun, we pulled the left side lights too... and while that socket still worked, it was in pretty bad shape (was causing my rear amber to stay lit). Replaced both bulb sockets in the front, replaced bulbs, greased all connections... and I'm back in business again! :D

Then...
I've had fluctuation speedometer issues again. Luckily, that was the same issue it always is... the wiring leading off the wheel speed sensor above the rear diff keeps getting rubbed open. Patched that, re-attached it away from the e-brake line, and all is well.

Demons exorcised! :flamingdevil:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I do too - I'm not great beyond basic wiring... and I HATE chasing electrical shorts. Fortunately, it was simple-ish.

Oh... and I also washed it and temporarily removed the CB antenna today.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie and i started pulling out the engine out of the WJ

also have some mud to clean out

hope to have the hest out next weekend

also picked up a few new tools :BANANA: :BANANA:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First 70 degree day this year...so...complete detail inside, outside, engine...and adjusted parking brake. Now, I just need to get it dirty again...

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took her out for an easter egg hunt. She couldn't pick them up only run them over...

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned it and changed the oil. Need to get around to doing the front and rear diffs soon.