What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lejeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries - like I said having it flushed with that low mileage you should be fine.

BTW...What part of Ohio are you from? Based on the landscape in your pics you're in the 'flat part.' Central? Northwest? Lots of KJers spread around the state. When you see a Meet & Greet you should come by and visit :happy160:

Bob
Thanks. It's at the dealership right now. They're also doing the rear control arm recall on it. The service guy also gave a compliment for the mud on it, haha. While waiting for a ride, I also ordered 2 front tow hooks from them, due for arrival on Tuesday. :D

I'm near Central Ohio, not far southwest of Columbus. I'll see if I can make it to any upcoming meet and greets! :)

lejeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my Jeep back from the dealership! It's running great now. :D drive.gif

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a dented tailgate that had started to rust some and wouldn't hold the spare without a nerve-wracking rattle that even the radio couldn't sufficiently drown out. So, last weekend we picked up a newer (better condition) tailgate, and it went on today.

No before photos, but the "during" photo - I had to pull the flat deck that I'd built for the back out, and pull the drivers side panel on that side to access a couple of bolts and the wiring that goes into the door:
You must be registered for see images

And finished - I hadn't removed the door's badging at this point, but it's off now. No rattling anymore, and freed up more space in the cargo area now that I won't have to haul the spare around back there anymore.
You must be registered for see images

In addition to the door, I discovered a short in my wiring that caused none of my marker lights to work when the headlights were on. The short would blow out fuse 9 and 23... and discovered it to be corrosion in the trailer hitch connector. Cleaned that up some, replaced the fuses, and all is well so far. I need to pick up some dielectric grease to coat on the inside to keep the corrosion at bay.

It's been a productive day. :)

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the front part of the front driveshaft out, dropped the y-pipe, removed the starter, removed the ****** to engine cover, unbolted the torque converter, unhooked all the electrical connections.

Still need to remove the cooler lines (had to get a wrench - didn't have 15/16" or 24 mm flare), hook up the ****** jack then unbolt the bellhousing and pull it all out.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the front part of the front driveshaft out, dropped the y-pipe, removed the starter, removed the ****** to engine cover, unbolted the torque converter, unhooked all the electrical connections.

Still need to remove the cooler lines (had to get a wrench - didn't have 15/16" or 24 mm flare), hook up the ****** jack then unbolt the bellhousing and pull it all out.

So you pulling the ****** or engine?

Bob

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
******. No reverse and only went forward under lots of throttle. Sludge in the pan.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disconnected battery, cleaned posts and terminals with baking soda/water and steel wool...jeep hasn't been starting the last couple mornings without some effort under the hood, damn corrosion.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good and nice match Jayme

Thanks. :)

I still have to go back in and swap out the handle/lock that's in it for the one that's in my old door... since the new door is keyed differently. Luckily I use the FOB most of the time.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today...but yesterday wheeled with Arctic Libby, 1badkj over in NJ. Pics are in the m&g thread. 1badkj taking the Libby everywhere with street tires like a boss

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unclipped then unscrewed the teanny cooler lines & let them drip into a pan. Put the ****** jack under the Jeep.

Put away my tools...it's about to rain here :(

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it thru the auto wash this morning, then did a bunch of running around town........now I can't even tell it was washed today:Boo:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 passed MVI(motor vehicle inspection) with only an adjustment to the e/park-brake.
Since it's a wheels off inspection, had the tires rotated x 5 .

Gyro