What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was a grocery-getter today....LOL

Dave

Adrian006

Reaction score
Did my first real off roading in the KJ! And pondering whether skids or 2.5" lift should come first(maybe some input from experts). I cut some plywood for the diy rear shelf. Picking up the rest of the supplies tomorrow as everything is closed today.

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Skids first. You hit a rock/branch wrong at any height, and you can take out your oil pan easy enough.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got the brackets for my seats as well as the lumbar support, ill be swapping the drivers seat tonight hopefully....I'll be sure to post pics in a seperate thread....thinking its time to start a journal thread for my kj

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drivers seat installed, need to figure out passenger weight sensor, then ill be modding the brackets to move the seats back 3 inches

Adrian006

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks to timmyb457's schematics I got this built.
Going to mount my fire extinguisher to it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

GRIDDLES

Reaction score
2003 Jeep Liberty "Reaper Edition"

I put a Daystar 2.5" suspension lift on the reaper (name of my jeep), followed by General grabber AT2's 255/70r16. tinted out the windows, got my brow decal on, and full seat covers.

Check it out at

2003 Jeep Liberty Reaper Edition

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came to my baby to find it covered with news paper and subway drink cup. Apparently I was lucky the old lady that live in the house where I was parked saw them and called the cops, they arrived just in time. My jeep is safe and clean now :) no scratch or anything. Thx old lady.
Then came back home for the women that live next to my parking to ask me to swap parking with my GF because the KJ block her sun :p She is nice so I'll do it.

NTN

Reaction score
Running like its on 5 cylinders

Gday people, i have brought a 2002 kj that was not running right and the beast needs to be reborn. It doesnt idle but will sit at 1000 though it sounds like its missing a cylinder, have replaced the plugs. I was told by the previous owner that the mechanics said to replace the head gaskets for 2500$ and he shat himself, not surprised. Has anyone sugestions on what this could be, done 150k and been fully seviced the whole time. ps thats kilometers not miles ;)

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

You may want to repost this in the General Discussion area rather than this "sticky" thread - you'll get more responses that way.

Great to have you on board - lots of discussions centering on components from Down Under like Old Man Emu and Ironman springs and suspension parts!

Bob

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed the passenger side corbeau with all of the stock occupant weight sensor equipment, pics and a write up are in the works. now what the hell am i gunna do until the super skink sliders get here???

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but by the time my rear coils get here they're gonna find me huddled in the corner rocking and crying.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jacked her up, Hosed it down with penetrating oil, wire wheeled any rust and paint bubbles. Painted undercarriage with spray that turns any rust into paintable surface. Finished with a"Rubberized Undercoat".

petermash

Reaction score
1. Drained coolant
2. Replaced radiator
3. Replaced thermostat
4. Refilled coolant

I found some videos and helpful guides in the Hayes manual and YouTube; however some things are misleading.

You do NOT need to drill through rivets. You can do the repair quite easily without any drilling through rivets.

If anyone is interested I can provide pictures. [email protected].

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire brushed then rust converted the front half today. Took over 3 hrs, so the back isn't getting done today.

Can't paint for more than 24 hrs while the 4 coats cure.

Ma, do Michigan vehicles have a lot of rust on them...

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Found a couple of replacement interior panels at the yard today. One to replace a cracked one, and another for the passenger side rear panel. I currently have the 6-disc changer that lives back there... and I never use it. So, I have the replacement panel and plan to pull the changer out tomorrow.

Anyone wanna buy a changer?
And the panel that goes with it? :D