What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I performed a duty only an urban assault type vehicle could. Traffic was backed up as far as I could see. No problem. Did a u-ee over the median and went the other way.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Away from jeep for 10 days but accidently walked up to one instead of my rental car. :disgust: stupid corolla.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today there is only a 4 wheel alignment.Sure vehicles like a KJ have no rear adjustments from the factory but the front toe is set off the rear toe no matter if the rear toe can be adjusted or not.It's called thrust angle.

For this reason I'm going in to Firestone today to see if it's changed after getting the new rear control arms. I'm going to have them look at toe most importantly. I swear the tires sound different now. I think the toe is out of wack although I don't see any abnormal wear "yet".

Got a bad alignment

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/bad-alignment-51333/

Last edited:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put another $60 worth of gas in the tank, and replaced the rear window wiper that I lost while offroading icon996.gif

Mojo_kj

Reaction score
Built rear cargo shelf - at a cost of $40 total for wood/carpet/glue/hardware, who would pass up on this mod?!
Will install it once the glue smell has gone - dont want to fume out my little girl!!
- ordered weathertech rear cargo tray....

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash, rinse - repeat.

Wax, buff...BEER! :party52:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

04 Silver Renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the OME/Bilstein lift with 927/948 springs, JBA spacer plate, rear iso's, hockey puck/teraflex bumpstops, Cooper Discoverer STT 245/75/16 M/T on stock Renegade Wheels. I'll post pics of my JEEP in the lift thread later on..

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last 3 days, I changed out the 6-speed for another used one that was guaranteed to not pop out of reverse. Along with that, I installed a new clutch, new fluids in the trans & t-case, and new accessory belt.

Used trans incl. tax, freight, & 100 day warranty: $1265
RhinoPac clutch kit from Rockauto (rebranded Sachs): $130
accessory belt from Rockauto: $15
Roackauto order freight & tax: $70
Penzoil synchromesh fluid, 2 quarts $25
ATF for t-case (i buy in bulk buckets): $~5

total: $1510

Didn't get many pics because I was working by myself and my hands were nearly always dirty. Got a couple flex shots as blocked up the jeep on a pair of firewood rounds (9" or so)

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last 3 days, I changed out the 6-speed for another used one that was guaranteed to not pop out of reverse. Along with that, I installed a new clutch, new fluids in the trans & t-case, and new accessory belt...

Didn't get many pics because I was working by myself and my hands were nearly always dirty. Got a couple flex shots as blocked up the jeep on a pair of firewood rounds (9" or so)

That's awesome! True shade tree mechanic style there :smokin:

Bob

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to Johnson City NY, to pick up my new lift kit today....and I am itching to install it, however I will start it bright and early tomorrow morning. Pics to follow

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have the BDS lift installed. But here is what was done
Front both sides measure @ 21 1/4 --- Rear measures @ 21 1/2
No boiler plates installed, I still need to do a small clevis lift and it should level the front out
the last 1/4".
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Mojo_kj

Reaction score
Finally installed rear shelf. Nice and secure, no movement at all :)
Thanks to all who posted their experiences building theirs, made it quite easy for me to build one.

With money saving mods like this, everyone should be a supporting member!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the TPM I broke yesterday. (broke the stem off of it) Now I got air in my spare.....:smokin:

Dave