Bad alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post what a bad alignment looks like. This is the mangled mess I ended up with at Firestone today after waiting for 1.5 hours. I don't freaking understand why they have such a problem with it. It's like, if something is broke then lets fix it. Is everyone this dang incompetent?

You must be registered for see images

I'm going to call them and go back with the previous alignment sheet and just say, "Do this".

Check the before measurements though. Since the last alignment, I've driven about 1K and had the rear control arms replaced. The toe was effed.

Was like this:
You must be registered for see images

I'm about to drive to Tom's and have his guy look at it. I have a towel ready to throw.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it fixed. There's a dude named Jimmy at Firestone here in Fort Wayne that seems to have that certain super power that you need to figure out the alignment on a lifted KJ with Al's a-arms. Although I'm getting a bit more tire scrub this time, it drives pretty good.

I'm starting to think I have bushing issues up front probably in the lower control arms. Might have to splurge and see if they'll replace them for me one of these days.

I think the problem is that most techs go by the book too much and don't listen to what you say. I hope the guy that butchered it up got paid, but he may not have since I brought it back. I don't like for that to happen though.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
We have one guy at our Firestone (Mark) that knows what he's doing - he's a modded Jeep guy though, so he gets it. Everyone else that's ever touched my KJ's alignment has screwed it up royally. :( I hope Mark never quits.

Latest posts

Members online