What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
car wash, oil change, new wiper blades, FILLED it with SUPREME gas for the first time ever :pp: My wallet's crying but my jeep is happy :badger_1:

still need to recharge the AC and change the brake pads because they are squealing away. oh and get it in for that rear suspension recall. :favorites68: She kinda went downhill in the past month :lol:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil, pulled the front drive shaft, and bought some paint for the rails. Got a little bit of rust starting to show.

spideyrdr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not just today, but between Saturday, Sunday, and today, I installed Super Skink sliders and a "Solid" brand rear differential cover.

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster after getting my first KJ late last week - an 05 Sport with the offroad and towing groups. It replaces a wonderful but very old XJ I've driven for the last forever.

Today, got some decent tires to replace the street-rated ones the car lot had put on it. I celebrated by heading up to a 4WD road I hadn't tried before up in the mountains. Nothing too rough, but had some fun - a few pictures from the trip here (link).

Future plans: decent rock rails and a conservative lift. We'll just have to see what the budget allows.

Last edited:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in the front half of the Teraflex BB kit. I did the passenger side first. Went pretty easy once I disconnected the tie-rod, and sway bar link. Shovel trick works great for the bump stop!

Driver's side is tougher. The CV is shorter so there's less clearance between the clevis and the CV boot. I had take out the lower control arm bolts; get the rest all bolted together. Then carefully jack the lower arm into position - front eye first - then the rear with the assistance of a 2" ratchet strap to pull it inboard.

Now to do the rear today!

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed all new rotors and pads all the way around! Libby stops QUICKLY and in a straight line with no more 'death wobble' when I press the pedal HARD. Can relax when I tow the boat this summer...

Bought this kit from AutoAnything.com. Great reviews and the price was right + free shipping. Intended to change the parking brake shoes too but couldn't get the bloody things off! Gonna attempt those another day - any tips from those who've done it before?

Bob

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Nice setup Bob.
Our KJ will be needing new rotors in the next few months and they look pretty good.
I've also heard good things about power stop brakes.
It is some peoples opinion that cross drilled rotors crack over time and that their not worth
buying...
Give us updates over time and let us know how they wear and perform.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup Bob.
Our KJ will be needing new rotors in the next few months and they look pretty good.
I've also heard good things about power stop brakes.
It is some peoples opinion that cross drilled rotors crack over time and that their not worth
buying...
Give us updates over time and let us know how they wear and perform.

Will do. My thought is the cross drilled and vented rotors have seen millions of miles on vehicles around the world and no major failures that I'm aware of. I'm pretty easy on brakes but I'll be keeping a close eye on these. Only have about 250 miles on them so far but I broke them in according to the video instruction on the AutoAnything website and they are smooth and sure so far.

Course, offroading in mud may screw them up but I'll find that out I guess :shrug:

Bob

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally installed the Daystar front sway bar bushings.

How hard were these to install? Mind PMing me a few details like where you bought them, how long it took, and a small non-detailed step by step? >.> This is on my to-do list along with rebuilding the trans, putting on new tires, fixing a CV joint, and swapping out the brakes... -_-

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread! When we did our first warranty service at the dealer my wife - in fairly direct terms - told the service guy to turn the thing off because it was annoying. No self-respecting off-roader likes a nanny in their Liberty dinging at you to put the seat belt on. :disgust:

No problem Paul! Just here to help.. :party52:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil change and oil system flush. My mistake was that I should have just seafoamed the crank case myself then taken the Jeep to get an oil change. They charged 60 bucks for what could have cost me 20. And I don't even think they did it right. Being that they only had the Jeep for like 15 minutes...and that's the time you're supposed to leave it idling with any sort of additive in it...

Gotta love quick lube places. Next time I take it for an oil change and they tell me I need to have my oil system flushed, I'm gonna tell them to do it for free, and show them the receipt from the last time I had it done.

I wonder what solution they used for it anyways...

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed hella 700ff with 100W H3 and thicker wiring to be safe

Careful...

Ry 'n Jen got the lighting bug and I don't think there's a cure! :rofl:

Seriously, that looks sweet and smart to upgrade the wire gauge. And I REALLY like with R&J have done to their's too.

Bob

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed oil/filter.
New PCV Valve
Removed front driveshaft for head replacement. Noticed that it looks like my Diff pinion seal is leaking a little.:icon_frown:

Put the new head on the driveshaft, but won't install it til I fix that damn seal

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my valve cover gaskests, and ac compressor 2nd time over after the autozone sold me both defective parts, I should have known when they tried to sell me 10$ cork valve cover gaskets the first time which I got 50$ perma-dry felpro replacment, a 314$ ac compressor, 47$ dryer at no charge.