What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it for Turkey this year. 400 mile round trip, nothing broke, a little over 22mpg cruisin' at about 75 most of the way to and fro.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone remembers my woodrack post way back when, I finally finished it. Rather than clog up this thread I posted it here:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f197/finished-woodrack-63139/

To keep it somewhat on-topic, I did haul all the wood home in or on my Jeep. I also discovered that can carry two sheets of 3/4" plywood (and probably three or four) INSIDE the Jeep if you cut them in half (4'x4') and lay the seats down.

Oh, and you can barely see one end of my jeep in the background in one of the pictures. :gr_grin:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up a pioneer AVH-4201NEX head unit, on sale at best buy for $499, and there is a mail in $150 rebate.

decided against a unit with built in navigation because they don't include lifetime maps, maps don't get updated often enough, so i couldn't justify spending 2-3 times the money for it when i can just mirror my phone or buy a dedicated gps.

i should be picking up the wheels this weekend. was going to buy non marring wheel clamps for the tire machine but i can't justify $500 just to mount 1 or 2 sets of tires.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So, where in Central Ohio are you?

Columbus area currently
but mostly somewhere Between Marietta and Cambridge areas ( down at the farm)
and then every few weekends Winston Salem NC. ( visiting the wife ) :icon_razz::gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Another Winston Salem NC run from Ohio
Man yesterday was ****** driving , when you average 25 MPH on the interstate its going way too slow, today coming back averaged 79 mph, quite the difference

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(Almost) Cussed it out, for not starting right two days before I am to leave for a five-day trip.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
4.5 years and never let me down. If it had crapped out last week it would be fixed by now. If it had waited until next week I would have had all the time in the world to fix it. Gun season started today and ends Sunday. I am all set and mostly packed. Why now... :emotions34:

mprice62

Reaction score
Columbus area currently
but mostly somewhere Between Marietta and Cambridge areas ( down at the farm)
and then every few weekends Winston Salem NC. ( visiting the wife ) :icon_razz::gr_grin:

Originally from Chillicothe. Lived in Reynoldsburg twice. Wife has relatives in Winston-Salem. Beautiful area!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.5 years and never let me down. If it had crapped out last week it would be fixed by now. If it had waited until next week I would have had all the time in the world to fix it. Gun season started today and ends Sunday. I am all set and mostly packed. Why now... :emotions34:

So Prof, what's it doing - or not doing? Will it turn over but not fire? Or is it dead and just clicking?

Want to make sure you make it to the tree stand on time :waytogo:

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw your post in the general section. We'll chat over there...

Bob

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Murphy's law of Jeepin' wins again.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Home is the best place to break down!

Conquered the v-clamp connecting the tube. Just had to dig out the mean tools and it surrendered. Nice to be making slow progress.