What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BOOM!

Driver's front regulator failed this morning. caught the window before it fell and managed to wedge enough crap in to the frame to keep it up long enough to get home.

Luckily I already had the parts in stock.
Took an hour to replace.

That leaves just the two rear windows, of which the passenger one was done by the dealer under warranty once already.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear upper control arm has arrived. I think ill have a crack at installing it myself tonight. I found a good how to video on youtube and it looks pretty straight forward.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20.429 gallons fill up tonight. *might* have been stretching it just a little far.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BOOM!

Driver's front regulator failed this morning. caught the window before it fell and managed to wedge enough crap in to the frame to keep it up long enough to get home.

Luckily I already had the parts in stock.
Took an hour to replace.

That leaves just the two rear windows, of which the passenger one was done by the dealer under warranty once already.

I think my front right window regulator is about to die too. The window goes down easily, but going up it shudders, squeaks and squeals.

Is this the part I need? More Information for VDO WL41527

Thanks

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced water pump and did an oil change. Also cut my bumper/fenders.
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced water pump and did an oil change. Also cut my bumper/fenders.
You must be registered for see images attach

How come everyone cuts them square in the corners ?
KJs are a very rounded vehicle ,
My 03s are cut but rounded more making it look almost like it came stock

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom , where is your rides thread? I'd love to see your jeeps

I stopped posting on here and LOST when photobucket screwed every one over
Guess I need to get another account and load in about 10-11,000 pictures ( yes had that many on photobucket )
There are some on fakebook

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped posting on here and LOST when photobucket screwed every one over
Guess I need to get another account and load in about 10-11,000 pictures ( yes had that many on photobucket )
There are some on fakebook

Ahh you and I both met the same fate then
I'm still bitter with Photobucket. So many other forums I've belonged to and it's all missing. Especially my how-to's.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got an estimate for the axle seal, $122, sounds like a deal to me. That's for a Mopar seal and labor. Should've done that from square one, live and learn. :D

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a go at installing the rear upper control arm. The old one came out easily but ive had a hard time getting the new one in. Specifically getting the ball joint stud to go into the hole completely. I was so close! I had about 3mm more to go but it just wouldn't budge. It was in just enough to prevent me from getting the locking bolt installed. Ill have another crack after work today. It's hard getting it lined up by myself. I'll have to see if anyone nearby can lend me a hand.

I saw a video where the guy used a ratchet strap to get the ball joint into the hole. I had no such luck. I used a BFH but I think I need a bigger BFH..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Had a go at installing the rear upper control arm. The old one came out easily but ive had a hard time getting the new one in. Specifically getting the ball joint stud to go into the hole completely. I was so close! I had about 3mm more to go but it just wouldn't budge. It was in just enough to prevent me from getting the locking bolt installed. Ill have another crack after work today. It's hard getting it lined up by myself. I'll have to see if anyone nearby can lend me a hand.

I saw a video where the guy used a ratchet strap to get the ball joint into the hole. I had no such luck. I used a BFH but I think I need a bigger BFH..

I do it what some call the hard way, remove the whole bracket, easier to get the bracket and ball joint back together , then most times simply roll the Jeep back and forth a bit to line up the 3 bolts . For me takes less time this way to do.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do it what some call the hard way, remove the whole bracket, easier to get the bracket and ball joint back together , then most times simply roll the Jeep back and forth a bit to line up the 3 bolts . For me takes less time this way to do.

Im a little unsure what you mean? Do you mean part number 9 via the below link? Am I able to remove this, insert the ball joint outside of the Jeep and then reinstall it with it already in the bracket? Cheers

https://www.moparamerica.com/auto-p...gine/rear-suspension-cat/rear-suspension-****

EDIT: Heres a video of the worn ball joint. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHx_bHAZzFg

Last edited:

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just drive over a bump, or up/down a curb, so the suspension will compress. The weight of the vehicle coming down on it will do the trick.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Im a little unsure what you mean? Do you mean part number 9 via the below link? Am I able to remove this, insert the ball joint outside of the Jeep and then reinstall it with it already in the bracket? Cheers

https://www.moparamerica.com/auto-p...gine/rear-suspension-cat/rear-suspension-****

EDIT: Heres a video of the worn ball joint. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHx_bHAZzFg

Yes number 9 , 3 bolts hold it on

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember dropping the rear down quickly with the jack, causing everything to wiggle enough to get the ball joint to settle into the pocket. then jacked it back up and put the bolt in.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '03 bites again. Brakes all around. Every slide put up a fight of course
Went to change the oil - already had the jack put away - had to bring it back out
Guess the 03 will be getting a lift next spring too