What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I don't like the look of the KK clevis (formed sheet metal rather than a solid piece). I'm sitting just a bit under 1/2 inch at the clevis. I know I'm pushing it, but I don't push my Jeep that hard, so I'm comfortable with it. As far as I know there is no alignment adjustment for the rear. Thanks for your input guys, I'll let you know how the next alignment goes.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I don't like the look of the KK clevis (formed sheet metal rather than a solid piece). I'm sitting just a bit under 1/2 inch at the clevis. I know I'm pushing it, but I don't push my Jeep that hard, so I'm comfortable with it. As far as I know there is no alignment adjustment for the rear. Thanks for your input guys, I'll let you know how the next alignment goes.

You don't have to push your KJ all that hard for this to be an issue. If you go over any kind of bump like railroad tracks, etc. where the load is taken off the front end and then applied forcefully, there's a good chance the shock/spring/clevis assembly goes sideways. You don't have to take your Jeep offroad to apply significant forces to the suspension - daily driving is pretty brutal too.

My 2 cents.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't have to push your KJ all that hard for this to be an issue. If you go over any kind of bump like railroad tracks, etc. where the load is taken off the front end and then applied forcefully, there's a good chance the shock/spring/clevis assembly goes sideways. You don't have to take your Jeep offroad to apply significant forces to the suspension - daily driving is pretty brutal too.

My 2 cents.

Bob

So true, so true
People don't think daily driving puts any stress on the suspension , but sometimes is even more than offroading

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered some torque seal. Paint heavily used in aerospace to mark bolts/nuts. This way I can more easily tell if any important bolts start to loosen on either of the Jeeps.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear yes guys, and appreciate your expertise. So I put a tape up to the thing again and took a measurement of 22.75 right and 22.5 left front and back (not sure why I was thinking 22 before) with about 2/3 of a tank, so I'm gonna take another look at the clevis spacers before alignment. Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear yes guys, and appreciate your expertise. So I put a tape up to the thing again and took a measurement of 22.75 right and 22.5 left front and back (not sure why I was thinking 22 before) with about 2/3 of a tank, so I'm gonna take another look at the clevis spacers before alignment. Thanks

Yes right up there pushing it for sure.
Left side is generally lower , ( reason why I always sneak in a bit more on the drivers side when installing)

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed my new front driveshaft installed in July
It stopped the 45-50 vibration and the over 70mph vibration.
Looked at the front dif bushings to source out why I still clunk over bumps or when it's loaded from a sharp turn like pulling in/out driveway.
I think I'm at a loss. Nothing makes sense on this jeep.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had an upper ball joint pop during loaded turns. Also used to randomly pop over bumps.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes right up there pushing it for sure.
Left side is generally lower , ( reason why I always sneak in a bit more on the drivers side when installing)
How much is a bit more? What is your absolute max clevis suggestion with the yellow Bilsteins?
Thanks

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
how much is a bit more? What is your absolute max clevis suggestion with the yellow bilsteins?
Thanks

3/8 of an inch on the right
then just a bit more on the left
if using conduit nuts as spacers I install them tight on the right side and then left side they are loose if that makes sense

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Last weekend: Drove down to the farm and went deer hunting. Got offroad a ways and impressed my cousins that I did not get stuck. One of my cousin's kids is 15 and he spent the whole weekend asking questions about the Jeep. I think the boy is in love.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Last weekend: Drove down to the farm and went deer hunting. Got offroad a ways and impressed my cousins that I did not get stuck. One of my cousin's kids is 15 and he spent the whole weekend asking questions about the Jeep. I think the boy is in love.

Ah, to be 15 again and in love .....:gr_grin::gr_grin:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on some commercial DOT approved self adhesive reflective tape, to replace the old cheap stuff.
Cut into 1 inch strips...
60468[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Was only using a 130 Lumens flashlight for photos..
60470[/ATTACH]"]

Pretty good, I bet it is really bright with headlights illumination!
60472[/ATTACH]"]

60474[/ATTACH]"]

My Jeep really glow's in the dark Now! :gr_grin:

Attachments

• Qq2n1z0.jpg
    Qq2n1z0.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3oplM6U.jpg
    3oplM6U.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Y4ZUqfr.jpg
    Y4ZUqfr.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
  • yexsVCW.jpg
    yexsVCW.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on some commercial DOT approved self adhesive reflective tape, to replace the old cheap stuff.
Cut into 1 inch strips...
60476[/ATTACH]"]

Was only using a 130 Lumens flashlight for photos..
60478[/ATTACH]"]

Pretty good, I bet it is really bright with headlights illumination!
60480[/ATTACH]"]

60482[/ATTACH]"]

My Jeep really glow's in the dark Now! :gr_grin:

that would probably be cool to put on the bike rack, since it sticks out a good 4 feet from the back of the jeep, but if there's one thing I've learned about this area it would probably just attract drivers to run into it more than they already try! moths to a flame and all that.

Attachments

• Qq2n1z0.jpg
    Qq2n1z0.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3oplM6U.jpg
    3oplM6U.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Y4ZUqfr.jpg
    Y4ZUqfr.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
  • yexsVCW.jpg
    yexsVCW.jpg