What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FAKE emblem

Would anyone say its a disgrace to slap a Trail Rated
Badge to your Limited KJ??? :buttkick:

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the late spring and poor recent weather in Massachusetts, today is the first "really nice day". Time to give Libby a break and take out the convertible.

That's the wife's modus operandi. :)

Liberty gets less use in the summer (except family vacation) and the Thunderbird comes out of the garage!

Scott

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it as him referring the KJ to being limited when off-roading, not the "limited" model

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I took it as him referring the KJ to being limited when off-roading, not the "limited" model

well since he has " 02 Black KJ limited 4x4 "
I took it as a LIMITED model ....
And since KJs are not limited off road then .......:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced front sway Bar bushings and endlinks. Then oil changed with mobile 1 extended/k&n filter and new atf 4 in PS pump.

Tomorrow gonna do diff fluid.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing.
been wrench turning on the neon.
it's all back together with a new clutch, LCAs with special bushings, new sway bar end links.
has a weird vibration at idle, but it goes away as soon as you pick up the revs.
I noticed the modular clutch didn't seem to have the disc centered on fitment, but everything bolted up without issue, so i'm hoping that's not the problem. otherwise I have no idea how you're supposed to re-center the assembly.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally a sunny day later this afternoon.
Been waiting to power wash & get the Jeep looking good again.
Has not been hand washed in 2 months...:signs16:
This stuff leaves a nice shine & gets the Jeep clean!
59167[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Got a nice coat of wax on the roof with basket off.
59169[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Trim had turned white, so I used Mothers back to black on all the black plastic trim. :waytogo:

Attachments

• Armorall%20Wash%20Wax%20and%20Protect.jpg
    Armorall%20Wash%20Wax%20and%20Protect.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Spring%20Wax%20Job2.jpg
    Spring%20Wax%20Job2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 0

Rowlette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally a sunny day later this afternoon.
Been waiting to power wash & get the Jeep looking good again.
Has not been hand washed in 2 months...:signs16:
This stuff leaves a nice shine & gets the Jeep clean!
[ATTACH=full]59171[/ATTACH]
Got a nice coat of wax on the roof with basket off.
[ATTACH=full]59172[/ATTACH]
Trim had turned white, so I used Mothers back to black on all the black plastic trim. :waytogo:
Use Black leather die instead, really look great, did my over a year ago and still looks great.

Laughter is Great Medicine

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crushed a rocker panel off road. Which revealed a ton more rust (which, to be honest, I knew was there) :favorites68: I knew I should have gotten sliders. Gotta figure out what to do about those panels...

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would anyone say its a disgrace to slap a Trail Rated
Badge to your Limited KJ??? :buttkick:
No one slaps one on. It's a machine at the factory. There's not much difference between a Limited and a non-Limited anyway - 17" rims, leather seats, other cosmetics. Drivetrain is the same, suspension's the same, all the parts that matter are the same. Until you begin to do modifications, that is. Mine is certainly more trail worthy than it was stock. And I removed the trail Rated badge, along with every other badging on my KJ. Only way for a novice to know I'm driving a Jeep Liberty is to look at the chrome trim on the door. I'da taken the "Liberty" offa that too, if I coulda.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one slaps one on. It's a machine at the factory. There's not much difference between a Limited and a non-Limited anyway - 17" rims, leather seats, other cosmetics. Drivetrain is the same, suspension's the same, all the parts that matter are the same. Until you begin to do modifications, that is. Mine is certainly more trail worthy than it was stock. And I removed the trail Rated badge, along with every other badging on my KJ. Only way for a novice to know I'm driving a Jeep Liberty is to look at the chrome trim on the door. I'da taken the "Liberty" offa that too, if I coulda.

Here here to the de-badging. I took mine out for a drive on some dirt roads in the nice weather then sprayed it off when I got back into town.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crushed a rocker panel off road. Which revealed a ton more rust (which, to be honest, I knew was there) :favorites68: I knew I should have gotten sliders. Gotta figure out what to do about those panels...
Damn that *****. Post pics lol.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think the rear cv on the front drive shaft is going bad already. Just replaced it a few weeks ago. Going to remove it tonight or tomorrow morning and inspect it. If it's bad I'll warranty it. Squeaks when going over rough terrain.

Found my rattle coming from the rear end. Rear lower shock mount bolts weren't torqued to spec. After in tightening them the rattle went away.

Almost all the bushings have been replaced including swaybar end links, just waiting to replace the strut to lca bushings when I do front lower ball joints.

Rides so much better and quite than when I first bought it last October.

Recharged my ac system with 12oz of 134a and its working beautifully.

Did a little bit of Sunday morning wheeling too.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up to the license plate with no problem in 2wd
You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Think the rear cv on the front drive shaft is going bad already. Just replaced it a few weeks ago. Going to remove it tonight or tomorrow morning and inspect it. If it's bad I'll warranty it. Squeaks when going over rough terrain.

What makes you think its the rear CV ?
Since the front driveshaft does nothing but go round and around should not change if there is any squeaks either rough ground or smooth lawn really.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes you think its the rear CV ?
Since the front driveshaft does nothing but go round and around should not change if there is any squeaks either rough ground or smooth lawn really.
Just sounds like where it's coming from. I'm gonna remove it and see if the sound stops. If not then it's Gotta be an axel cv, lower balljoint, uca bushings.

Last edited: