What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week my drivers side bearing gave up the ghost. Having replaced the right side about a year ago.....tonights job went about twice as fast.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah,.... I should have taken that whole adventure into its own post. I almost went through the entire primary checklist.

Meh... often these are two cent questions that don't really deserve a whole new thread (IMO) but then they drag - hard to know if and when to move it to a new thread. I don't take this thread seriously enough to think it hurts anything, but I do get that a separate thread could make sense for future searches and such.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to Virginia to see my mom. Stage IV cancer. Not looking good at all... :(

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... it's not like I did anything everyone else isn't doing on a very regular basis.
What'd your mom ask you... if ever'one jumped off a cliff, would you? ;)

Meh... often these are two cent questions that don't really deserve a whole new thread (IMO) but then they drag - hard to know if and when to move it to a new thread.
The key is when you ask a question instead of tell us what you did to your Jeep today. That's when you know. :D

Drove it to Virginia to see my mom. Stage IV cancer. Not looking good at all... :(
Sad news. :( I'm sure you spending time with her makes you both feel better.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oy. Keep your head up.

Drove it to oreillys to return the tools. Holy cow is this what my thoughts sound like. I can hear myself think again. Sooo quiet. New wheel bearings are awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it downtown for a concert last night, and some A** H*** took a piss on my front tire in the parking lot I was in. The concert was good but, didn't think I would ever have that problem.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got back to the hotel room. I am supposed to be returning to Ohio tomorrow afternoon after what will likely be my last visit with her. I expect to be making another trip quite soon. As of last Sunday afternoon I was figuring it would be six months to a year. I had talked to her a few days before that and we were making plans for her and dad to come up to visit me in June or July. Now it looks like days or maybe weeks, though I'm not sure "weeks" would be a blessing for anyone involved. I am holding it together but am dreading walking out the door tomorrow when it's time to head back. Up until now it's been "Well, I'll see her again tomorrow". As for tomorrow, what will I tell myself then?

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to see if I can continue to improve my fuel milage... I was getting 15.6 when I first got it. Now at 16.8. So, I put in a can of BG 44K. At 1/2 tank I'm going to change spark plugs and refill.

Last edited:

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back to the hotel room. I am supposed to be returning to Ohio tomorrow afternoon after what will likely be my last visit with her. I expect to be making another trip quite soon. As of last Sunday afternoon I was figuring it would be six months to a year. I had talked to her a few days before that and we were making plans for her and dad to come up to visit me in June or July. Now it looks like days or maybe weeks, though I'm not sure "weeks" would be a blessing for anyone involved. I am holding it together but am dreading walking out the door tomorrow when it's time to head back. Up until now it's been "Well, I'll see her again tomorrow". As for tomorrow, what will I tell myself then?

I lost my mom to cancer the summer before my senior year of high school. Same situation as you, she was told she would have years but it ended up being only weeks. Nothing will ever prepare you for something like this but know you are not alone. Definitely cherish every second you have together and surround yourself with friends and family. Sometimes being strong through the tough times for others helps you heal yourself. Y'all will be in my prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Well put MTKross. Moms are special. Mine keeps showing up in forgotten moments. Sometimes a lesson I didn't quite catch the first few times. The Mothering never ends.

Walked right by my jeep again. I'm becoming more aware of what a lump in the shop it is. Taking up half a bench too. I might need to wrench it out of there.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear prof. Just be there for her.

Got one of those gripping sockets and was able to remove the rear diff cover to change the oil. The old stuff was the colour of mud :/

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has little do do with KJ, I'm less likely to be dwelling in facebook KJ group because they changed iphone app interface to make all replies to look like messaging app conversation.
You must be registered for see images

I've been busy with life, getting a new house, gym and etc. but I'm finally going to take a offroad trip this year. Not a long one, just one of those weekend plan. Haven't put mine into use, and one of the facebook group member finally encouraged me to do it. Thanks stranger.

On the other side, I found out Maryland doesn't have a offroad trail after all. Closest one is in PA. Seem like it's Marlin @ JBA 's favourite offroad park.

Edit:grammar error, though there are probably more errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with you prof.

My parents are visiting right now. They made the trip down for Easter weekend again. I cherish these moments as you never know how many more will be there.

God Bless.